We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Arrow Captain Bugs & Fixes

Captain has a numerous amount of bugs that are super easy for SSG to fix, but make it incredibly frustrating for the players until they are fixed. There are really few captains in the game already and having these bugs that they have to work around in order to be optimal and spend tons of resources on just makes it so much less enjoyable as a class to play. Please fix these bugs, SSG

Númenor

Evernight / Arkenstone

The issue was already addressed in the bug list topic, which can be found under capt resources updates and guides.

The topic I refer to was Brother-link bug

I already had addressed it a couple of times to SSG, but they don't bother since the list is really big and they already had fixed some more problematic ones. The list was simply too huge to fix in 1 go, I suppose they'll do some cleanup work someday.

Else just mention it to Cord in his stream, he'll most likely pass it through.
    WhiteGoliath

Quote Originally Posted by Zaheer View Post
    The issue was already addressed in the bug list topic, which can be found under capt resources updates and guides.

The topic I refer to was Brother-link bug

I already had addressed it a couple of times to SSG, but they don't bother since the list is really big and they already had fixed some more problematic ones. The list was simply too huge to fix in 1 go, I suppose they'll do some cleanup work someday.

Else just mention it to Cord in his stream, he'll most likely pass it through.
    The reason these errors are not fixed is probably because people do not care much about them. For most captain players, these errors may not cause much trouble. However, for advanced captain players (especially pvmp players) these errors create a lot of problems.

I am sure that if there was a bug in a champion, hunter or rune keeper class that caused a loss of dps, those players would react too much and fix it very quickly. Unfortunately, we cannot see the same thing in the captain class. This is because there aren't many people playing this class at an advanced level. People think that this class is just a "buffer"... nvm.
    Númenor

Evernight / Arkenstone

Nice video. Agreed RE they just need to remove the totally useless secondary "buffs" on these legacies.

Found another bug on my captain: I created this support tank to help out other tanks but i cannot find any other tanks, can ignore mechanics with my emergencies and can tank everything in the game without healer almost including t5 remmo... strange
    Last edited by HolyDuckTape; Jan 19 2021 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDuckTape View Post
    Found another bug on my captain: I created this support tank to help out other tanks but i cannot find any other tanks, can ignore mechanics with my emergencies and can tank everything in the game without healer almost including t5 remmo... strange
    Best fix that quick smart, we can't have anyone tanking the content! We have to have them all benched and out of action simultaneously so nobody can play endgame at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethrildar View Post
    Best fix that quick smart, we can't have anyone tanking the content! We have to have them all benched and out of action simultaneously so nobody can play endgame at all.
    I don't know what's funnier; that statement or your belief in it.
    ~ Take the player, not the class ~

The new raid (T5) last boss can be tanked by 2 guards in stead of 2 captains. ( and first boss any tank can single tank the boss)

In fact guard is hugely preferred for tanking wargs due to way better aggro tools (10s taunts).

A captain/guard pair is optimal for captain heals/buffs in tank group.
    But 2 captains tanks would suffer as much as 2 guards would in that fight.

As for the captain bugs, yes I agree as well, get rid of the useless substats on legacies that make them break, or replace by something that doesn't break them and gives leveling them past a certain point still worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolomir View Post
    Captain has a numerous amount of bugs that are super easy for SSG to fix, but make it incredibly frustrating for the players until they are fixed. There are really few captains in the game already and having these bugs that they have to work around in order to be optimal and spend tons of resources on just makes it so much less enjoyable as a class to play. Please fix these bugs, SSG

Have these bugs been fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by lRichMaN View Post
    Have these bugs been fixed?
    Motivation speech/Idome reset yes.

My patience has run out, Mal has posted some feedback to the devs without informing the community on his views on the lotro forum. Hence we got the 5min duration motivation speech now, with 1min cd.

The devs did listen, which is good, but listening to the advice of one player doesn't work. Since nobody, including me has the perfect view of the class and so SSG needs to use the feedback we give to create a reasonable experience for captains.
    As seen from the overall feedback, captain players really do not enjoy the changes of motivation speech despite it having been a good change. The constant refreshment of this buff every 5 minutes irritates players and creates an unpleasant experience.

Further more, the to arms & call still resets upon swapping, but can be fixed by resetting muster courage and putting it at a max rank, then create a separate swappy with the full version in case of need.

The state bonuses not being applied still exist, but can be fixed by the player, see my created topic: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ttle-state-bug
    WhiteGoliath

Quote Originally Posted by Zaheer View Post
    The devs did listen, which is good, but listening to the advice of one player doesn't work.
    Now now, other Captains definitely gave feedback as well.

Should probably observe that the rest of those bugs are technically getting fixed by weapon swapping in-combat being disabled although we don't have an actual announcement for when that is happening yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Joedangod View Post
    Now now, other Captains definitely gave feedback as well.

Should probably observe that the rest of those bugs are technically getting fixed by weapon swapping in-combat being disabled although we don't have an actual announcement for when that is happening yet.
    that's incorrect, if you propose ideas, you should post them to the forums where people can argue.
    Not post them directly to the devs, where you project your own views and this is considered bad.

While I do generally propose a lot of feedback, I always tend to post them to the forums, this not only allows newer players to learn something, but they can also state their views and opinions on my views which is okay.

So I guess you pulled that quote completely out of context, but if you didn't, here's my answer.
    Last edited by Zaheer; Jul 28 2021 at 06:07 PM.
    WhiteGoliath

What do you think the effect of the new legendary weapon system will be for the captain? Tank,DPS,Heal and PvMP?

What do you think the effect of the new legendary weapon system will be for the captain? Tank,DPS,Heal and PvMP?
    We're doomed.

Can't speak for PvMP but as far as PvE goes it honestly doesn't make any real difference.

Captains are rarely brought for their personal output. They're primarily there for the buffs and the buffs will stay the same.

Can't speak for PvMP but as far as PvE goes it honestly doesn't make any real difference.

Captains are rarely brought for their personal output. They're primarily there for the buffs and the buffs will stay the same.
    Yes. We just become further glorified buff-bots, given any effectiveness we had in either DPS or Healing, however small, is now diminished even more.

Can't speak for PvMP but as far as PvE goes it honestly doesn't make any real difference. Captains are rarely brought for their personal output. They're primarily there for the buffs and the buffs will stay the same.
    And for the casuals who don't group a lot if at all we keep getting nerfed in order to fix end-game issues. There have been a few times in LotRO's history where solo Captains were in a good spot but the phase we're in now is not one of them.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Exclamation

It's not easy to say for sure, It's still in the testing phase on bulroarer. We don't know for sure what will happen yet, or what balances will come in future updates. At this point, feedbacks are very important.

Personally, as a main captain player, I don't think these changes will have much of an impact in PvE. The tank will still do its usual job, the Supports will continue as a buffer again. But I think there will be a huge loss of DPS and PvMP momentum. I think there will be new balances for the Captain, especially on the red line, in the upcoming updates.
    Númenor

Evernight / Arkenstone