We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Worth starting on the Legendary server now?

Hey there,

I just want to return to Lotro and plan on starting on a new server.

Is starting on one of the Legendary servers a good idea or are they both dead? Is it better for me to start on one of the usual servers?

Thank you!

I say yes, it is worth it to play there, but it's not for everyone. I find the Legendary Servers really cool because of their account-wide rewards like titles, portrait frames, and cloaks, but my main server is Crickhollow for a reason. Ithil can go a whole day without a post in World Chat. If you're here for the scenery of Middle Earth and whatever quests you can solo, Legendary is fine. I see some lowbies on the social panel fairly regularly, even on Ithil. But if you are interested in lots of chatting, socializing, group RP, concerts, raiding, and the like, you're going to want one of the others. I like doing both, but it does take time. If you are looking for grouping on a Legendary world, I would have to suggest Anor, as I understand their population to be a bit higher and more stable. I myself have only played on Ithil, but I love the peace and quiet and generally don't go in for group play. Even so, the quiet has made me consider joining a kinship.
    From Crickhollow and Ithil, to Anor, now on Landroval and Treebeard
    I guess it's really about the journey after all.
    Weirwillow, et alts

Assuming you are German, because of your stated location:Spar dir den Frust und spiele auf einem der normalen Retail/Live Server. Es gibt ein paar Hardliner, aber im Prinzip ist der Drops gelutscht. Der Nostalgie-Faktor, der die Server in erster Linie ermöglicht hat, ist lange weg. Auch wenn auf Anor gefühlt 20 Leute mehr spielen, es ist absolut kein Vergleich zu den Zahlen auf Gwaihir/Bele. Im Weltchat passiert so gut wie nichts, im AH ist nicht viel los. Es gibt kein PvMP für Content Lücken (falls dich das interessiert).Und genau deswegen wollen/werden auch viele Leute ihre Chars transferieren, sobald dies möglich ist. Und spätestens dann, geht da eh das Licht aus.

Das der Drops auf Anor gelutscht ist stimmt nicht ganz so. Zwar mag der Content auf den normalen Servern mehr sein aber für Einsteiger zu viel. Da sind die legendären Server besser.

Für Einsteiger hat Anor erst mal eine VIP-Pflicht. Gepaart mit dem Malus an Erfahrung (den ich bis Level-Cap ~65 noch nachvollziehen konnte), ist auch jetzt schon, der Weg bis Level 100 weit.
    Die Spielerzahlen sprechen auch für sich und Cordovan wirkte in seinem letzten Stream gar nicht mehr so abweisend, was zukünftige Servertransfers (Anor/Ithil -> live) angeht.

Aber hey, da hat jemand nach Meinungen gefragt, und das ist meine. Jede der (noch) Spaß auf den Legendären Servern hat, dem sei der Spaß auch gegönnt. Absolut.

6. Feb 02 2022, 11:12 AM