We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Profession advice for Solo Burglar (no Alts)

Hello everybody,

I want to change the server to start all over again. That means that I'll just play my burglar, no alts. What profession would you advise me to do under these circumstances?
    I would tend to be an armorer, but I'm not sure ...

I would personally advise someone starting on a new server to make their first character an Explorer. It'll let you collect ore and wood, as well as turn the hides you get from beasts into leather which you can then use to create your own Medium Armor.

Armorer would be a strange choice for a Burglar, since they can't wear the Heavy Armor or Shields they specialize in making.
    Last edited by Treadstone87; Mar 24 2021 at 01:40 AM.

For most of my Burglars I have chosen Yeoman because when I want food, I want the best I can use.
    However, it's not usually a very profitable enterprise. The Farmer aspect is really only useful for Cooking and selling the stuff that a Farmer produces has never resulted in piles of Gold in the Auction House.
    Another I have chosen with some Burgs is Historian so I can have scrolls when I want and not have to go begging on the Trade Channel.

As Treadstone noted above, a useful profession is Explorer. You can make yourself some fine Medium armor as a Tailor and with the Prospector and Forester aspects you can collect stuff that almost always sells in the Auction House house and then with the gold you make there you can buy food, scrolls, and various other consumables.

It depends on what you like to do.
    I really enjoyed Cooking for a long while, now that I have some experience as an Historian I am enjoying creating Scrolls, Potions and the like.

If you don't really like to craft, then the best choice IMO is Explorer. You can make some gold and not really worry about doing much more than turning sticks and stones into gold and silver.
    Last edited by Boraxxe; Mar 23 2021 at 08:57 PM.

Like I told you...What I said...Steal your face right off your head.

I came back to the game with the launch of the legendary servers and only play one character, my Burg. I am an explorer to make my own Legendary toolbags and got weapons from roving threats, but I run 5 crafting alts, that cover all professions they are all level 20 hunters (stopped levelling with tortoise stones) and I also use these as mission grinders to get scrolls/crystals from the missions weekly quests. The only stuff I had to buy was a few scholar items to top up what I got from killing mobs whilst levelling. So obe Explorer Burg but fully self-sufficient with the crafting alts.