We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Mission: Collapsing the Old Paths bugged?

It appears that the Collapsing the Old Paths mission is bugged. I've been trying with my duo a few times and it's always the same: the first tunnel you collapse doesn't count. My approach has been to clear out the path between a sapper and the tunnel. Then have one of my duo grab the sapper and run it over. The overseers respawn if you kill them, so I leave them at the tunnel and engage after I run the sapper over. In all cases today when I get the sapper over to the first tunnel I get the "explosion" screen, but I don't get credit for closing the tunnel. And it's not available after that to close. Even the overseers stop respawning there.

I'm going to try a few more things: (1) do as a solo mission not duo (2) try having both of my duo grab the sapper to run it over, etc. If I get this I'll update this thread. But overall I'm pretty close to just walking away since this is the worst mission to have bugs on! And hitting my 10 mission/hour limit trying to get through this just adds insult to injury. :P

OK, nothing I tried with the duo team worked. Although I didn't get to test having both grab the sapper and run it to the first tunnel. But these things didn't help:

Killing the overseers at the first tunnel if you go left before using the sapper. I thought this might help since when I first came in the tunnel showed as blocked already. Although if I killed the overseers first it would show as normal. Still didn't count when I ran the sappers over.

Cancelling the mission and starting over. Same issue.

Recreating the fellowship. Same issue.

Exiting LOTRO completely and coming back in. Same issue.

Trying to go right first to grab the sapper over there and close that tunnel first. Same issue.

Going in solo and not use my duo at all. WORKED! So it appears that whatever the bug is it is somehow related to the first tunnel only. And only when there's more than one person in the fellowship. At this point I'm going to move on and not try with other combos of duos using my 2 accounts. But wanted to get back to the thread just in case anyone else had the issue.

I killed the enemies except the two dwarfs (400 k morale both) in front of the tunnels; there are 4 places with two dwarfs and after clearing the way i took the sapper and ran to tunnel nr. 1, where it exploded and i had to fight against the two dwarves (short respawn time!). so i did it at tunnel nr.2,3,4, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuyoi View Post
    It appears that the Collapsing the Old Paths mission is bugged. I've been trying with my duo a few times and it's always the same: the first tunnel you collapse doesn't count. My approach has been to clear out the path between a sapper and the tunnel. Then have one of my duo grab the sapper and run it over. The overseers respawn if you kill them, so I leave them at the tunnel and engage after I run the sapper over. In all cases today when I get the sapper over to the first tunnel I get the "explosion" screen, but I don't get credit for closing the tunnel. And it's not available after that to close. Even the overseers stop respawning there.

I'm going to try a few more things: (1) do as a solo mission not duo (2) try having both of my duo grab the sapper to run it over, etc. If I get this I'll update this thread. But overall I'm pretty close to just walking away since this is the worst mission to have bugs on! And hitting my 10 mission/hour limit trying to get through this just adds insult to injury. :P
    Sorry but why on earth would anyone run this mission more than once, ever? Do it once so you can complete the do all 80 missions deed and that's it, it's terrible! All the Sundegrot ones are awful but this may be the worse - can't remember as I said I've only run it once per alt.
    If you run missions (again why?) there's no point running more than 3 a day, and thankfully every day there are 3 least bad missions. If you must do the 15/week , do 4 days of 3 and then run the giant in wildwood on 3 days. Any mission that has to be measured in minutes rather than seconds, is a bad mission. The 5 minute wait to hand in, is punishment enough, there's no need to punish yourself further by doing the frustrating missions.

(Yes I know people enjoy the game differently and play for different reasons but missions are terrible waste of time and even worse implemented appallingly and most mind bogglingly in such a way to highlight the lack of investment in infrastructure and technical debt)
    Evernight - Walred (Champ), Walmur (RK), Walbert-2 (Cappy)

Today's missions is the only day worth doing and highlight how bad every other mission is

Snows of Ker Brein - run straight to boss, only pick up 2 adds over in seconds
    Goblins of Stramvarth - whilst drinking first tankard /bye twice, drinking 2nd tankard /point twice, drink remaining beers, /dance then up arrow and just add 1, 2, 3 done again seconds
    Only slight downside, Well-fed in Wrymsgraf - kill 12, well 13, fine on champ bit dull on cappy.
    Evernight - Walred (Champ), Walmur (RK), Walbert-2 (Cappy)

Figured out the problem!

Hey everybody, I too just ran into this problem and after giving up because the bomb exploded, collapsing the third tunnel but didn't count I went in the next day and tried it different.

I started with the bomb on the left and collapsed the tunnels starting on the left and the next close to it.

Then I went and got the bomb more near the next two on the right but still started with the closest to the bomb and then detonated the last one furthest to the right.

The day before I tried using the right bomb to collapse one of the two tunnels furthest on the left and that is what causes the bug.

In short the correct detonation bombs and order are,

Left bomb for the left two tunnels from left to right.

Right bomb for the right two tunnels from left to right.

I did them all going from left to right according to the map in a "straight line".

Hope this helps anyone else stuck on this mission!

I always destroy patchs in order and complete this mission solo, and never have problems with it. So problem either way with wrong order or mission in duo.