We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Angry Requires human form ...

Interaction with some items require you to be in human form, some don't. There is no logic, reasoning or pattern behind it.

Please streamline this! Either all item interaction/pickup requires you to be in human form or none - just not let it be a gamble every time.

Actually i wouldn't mind if all requires human form but if so, then auto switch us to the correct form on click of the item/npc. Same goes for stablemasters, riding, etc.

I sortof agree that it's a bit broken for beornings to be in bear form at all times. That was not a super recent change but *somewhat* recent. Maybe that could be reversed? Remaining a bear in town could be very short-lived.

oh no, how frustrating must it be to press a single button to enter or exit bear form.

Quote Originally Posted by Roquet View Post
    oh no, how frustrating must it be to press a single button to enter or exit bear form.
    I think his point is that there is no consistency in which items can be interacted with while in bear form, not the fact that he has to switch back and forth between human and bear.
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

Quote Originally Posted by DavidmeetHal View Post
    I think his point is that there is no consistency in which items can be interacted with while in bear form, not the fact that he has to switch back and forth between human and bear.
    I know what he meant, but the devs don't fix issues in this game, they work around them and by doing that, create more issues. He's better off just being in man form when interacting with NPCs.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by andrane View Post
    Interaction with some items require you to be in human form, some don't. There is no logic, reasoning or pattern behind it.

Please streamline this! Either all item interaction/pickup requires you to be in human form or none - just not let it be a gamble every time.

Actually i wouldn't mind if all requires human form but if so, then auto switch us to the correct form on click of the item/npc. Same goes for stablemasters, riding, etc.
    Hey, in BB you can build and repair in bear form.
    SSG logic

Well,

In my humble opinion, for immersion purposes, we shouldn't be able to do most anything in bear form that requires opposable thumbs.

Now Ive given this some thought. Since we are so inconvenienced by having to break form ever so often, we should be rewarded by allowing us to run around in bear form like a burg being in stealth.

Think about it, we look like a bear. Why shouldnt' we be able to move around with impunity "fooling" mobs as if we were in stealth. Maybe it could be a weakened stealth version with a higher chance of being discovered. Anyways...

Is the "rhyme and reason" about this related to actions that are able to be performed from horseback and actions that kick you off your horse? This is just a shot in the dark, but are there any actions that won't kick people off horseback but also won't allow a Beorning to complete it in bearform?

Quote Originally Posted by Roquet View Post
    compared to other mmorpgs where pressing a button is actually instant - yes, yes it is a bit frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by shoreless View Post
    ok...think of this issue in RL for a moment. Bears have massive paws with 1-2" claws and a muzzle with sharp teeth. And you need to grab, carry or otherwise hold a delicate object like a bee hive without tearing it to shreds. How do they do that without turning human? or for that matter How does a bear ride a horse??? it can't. and technically, if SSG wanted to truly be anal with this, a bear shouldn't be able to open doors or treasure chests or backbacks, etc. Your a BEAR...there is nothing gentle or easy about you. ROFL

Quote Originally Posted by Elvenwolf72 View Post
    ok...think of this issue in RL for a moment. Bears have massive paws with 1-2" claws and a muzzle with sharp teeth. And you need to grab, carry or otherwise hold a delicate object like a bee hive without tearing it to shreds. How do they do that without turning human? or for that matter How does a bear ride a horse??? it can't. and technically, if SSG wanted to truly be anal with this, a bear shouldn't be able to open doors or treasure chests or backbacks, etc. Your a BEAR...there is nothing gentle or easy about you. ROFL
    I get all that & agree. However it's completely stupid to tell me to change to human form to destroy something. As if a human (who kneels down) is the preferred method of destruction over a bear.

elves dont require human form, nor hobbits or dwarves

always beornings
    ASUS P8Z77-V LK - Quad Core i5 3470 3.20GHz - 8Gb RAM - GTX 660 Ti 2GB (SLI) - Windows 10 64-bit

I can agree. I just recently started playing a Beorning...and having to change to human form to destroy something? Odd.

Picking a lock? Sure, that makes sense...but I haven't figured out why some things need human form and others don't.

If an action requires man-form, I would not be opposed to the game forcing us out of bear-form and completing the task in one motion
    Landroval - The Alliance kinship of The Alliance Gaming Community
    https://agc.gamerlaunch.com/
    “Take me with you. For laughs, for luck, for the unknown. Take me with you.” - Peter S. Beagle, The Last Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Dervacus View Post
    If an action requires man-form, I would not be opposed to the game forcing us out of bear-form and completing the task in one motion
    A capital idea. Now, about the five clicks to get the quests in Forges/Lofts....

I mostly want fishing in Bear form....
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000016f941/01006/signature.png]Kastiel[/charsig]

I have whined about just this thing many times in the past. Someone once told me it would be inaccurate to have a bear opening boxes and picking things up. I then pointed out that we can mine and chop down trees from horseback. Consistency for bears one way or another would be a major quality of life improvement here in game.

IMO,

If the interaction is needed for a quest completion, then Man-form, especially in Instances.

If it is a general interaction, i.e., chest, corpse, especially in landscape, then Bear-form.

Just general guidelines, not absolute.

I agree completely with the above. No logic at all, nothing but a permanent headache, playing in bear form. Why should I switch every time (examining an item, mining etc.)
    from bear to man, and than backward again, when other classes don't?

Dear devs, please fix it somehow! Make it more comfortable for us to play!

Spring festival as example. You don't need human form to catch annoying kids, but need human form to use sign post... really?

Whohaz_Duhrang is offline Father Of Dwarves Within The Evernight...
    Yea So It Seems Like People Arent Thinking., So Like If Your A Bear., Why Would You Be Able To Mine Ore, Speak To NPC's And Do What Men Can Do., Many People's Thinking On This Thread Has Me Concerned For Those They Influence Around Them. #Duhhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Whohaz_Duhrang View Post
    Yea So It Seems Like People Arent Thinking., So Like If Your A Bear., Why Would You Be Able To Mine Ore, Speak To NPC's And Do What Men Can Do., Many People's Thinking On This Thread Has Me Concerned For Those They Influence Around Them. #Duhhhhhhh
    I agree with that, BUT some actions what clearly bear don't want to do, still don't need human form