We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    b414213562 is offline Crosser of Roads
    Plugin Along

Deed Tracker v1.2.5

Version 1.2.5 is now available at lotrointerface.com.

I'm very excited to announce initial support for importing deed completion status using the LOTRO Companion desktop application! Do you have thousands of completed deeds, dozens of characters, or both, and the prospect of checking off all of those deeds in-game is too daunting to even begin? Follow the step-by-step instructions in the help documentation for a much more automated process!

Import your character into LOTRO Companion:

Run the import script:

And the Deed Tracker plugin can automatically check off all of your already-completed deeds, and identify deeds that may be incorrectly marked off in the Deed Tracker:

Thanks to Crell on the Deed Tracker Discord server for finding many edge cases in the import script!

Version 1.2.5 release notes:

Localization:
    • Added French and German triggers for numerous instance-based quests.
    • Added French and German names for Festival and Ettenmoors regional chat channel.

Deeds:
    • Added Update 30: Blood of Azog deeds. (English, French, and German)
    • Added Deed Completion Import from the LOTRO Companion desktop application.
    • Reordered many deed hierarchies to match Deed Log order. For example, Carn Dûm comes first under Savior of Eriador.
    • Fixed several hierarchy errors. For example:
      • Tier 2 versions of Egg Scramble Victories and Maggot's Mushrooms Victories are not required for Full of Farmers Faire.
      • Slayer of the Misty Mountains does not require Giant-slayer or Troll-slayer.
      • Slayer of Evendim does not require Leaders of the Invasion.
      • Protector of Enedwaith does not require Giant-slayer or Gwiber-slayer.
    • Marked Townsfolk of the Eastfold / Kingstead as Not Actively Available (Purchase Required)

Other:
    • Manual character deletion better supported.
    • Moved 'Hide completed deeds' option to just after the Legendary Server section.

Bugs:
    • Fixed issue causing Legendary Deeds to always show up.
    • When Hide Completed Deeds was turned on, Completed 'Not Actively Deeds' were also hidden.
    • Long, indented deed names don't overlap completion timestamp.
    Last edited by b414213562; Jun 18 2021 at 11:33 AM.

Soo happy with this update!
    The manual entry off all the deeds for a level cap character is an intimidating task, thank you so much for finding a way to work around that.

So LOTRO Compendium is a standalone program, not a plugin. Took me some time to figure that out.
    And even more searching for it. I can only find it at Sourceforge which beside being dubious, seems to be dead? Where do I get LOTRO Compendium?

Plugin Along
    Quote Originally Posted by OghranNasty View Post
    So LOTRO Compendium is a standalone program, not a plugin. Took me some time to figure that out.
    And even more searching for it. I can only find it at Sourceforge which beside being dubious, seems to be dead? Where do I get LOTRO Compendium?
    Yes, the LOTRO Companion desktop application is a standalone program, not a plugin. I put together step-by-step instructions that you can follow at https://deedtracker.lifebeyondtheshi...tro-companion/ .

Yes, LOTRO Companion is hosted at https://sourceforge.net/projects/lotrocompanion/. You can see there that the Last Update was 2021-04-30. It is currently at version 15, with full support for Update 30 in version 16 currently under development.
    Last edited by b414213562; Jun 18 2021 at 02:41 PM.

Thanks for the links.

Really odd: when I visited sourceforge earlier today it said it was in a frozen state and denied the download.
    Probably just maintenance, but after all the bad press it received (adding adware to open source, ouch!) I assumed it had gone for good.

Registered with Discord and verified, but it won't show me the email or patch.
    I'll wait for the update on sourceforge.

Plugin Along
    Quote Originally Posted by OghranNasty View Post
    Registered with Discord and verified, but it won't show me the email or patch.
    I'll wait for the update on sourceforge.
    I have mirrored the patch files, so you can also download them here.

Edit: Version 16 has come out, so these patch files are no longer necessary.
    Last edited by b414213562; Jun 18 2021 at 11:32 AM.

You are a champ!

For future reference: when you start the Lotro companion app there is a link to the discord channel in the about panel. It auto-invites you, then the channel becomes visible.

Plugin Along

Deed Tracker v1.3.1

Version 1.3.1 is now available at lotrointerface.com.

This release includes a bunch of accumulated fixes for things like Landscape Difficulty (U30), Brawler (U30.3), and Fate of Gundabad (U31) deeds. It also includes a nice-to-have where you can load the Deed Tracker in session play in a 'read-only' mode. Great for browsing your todo list during Chicken Session Play!

(I tried to include an overhaul of the UI so it draws much faster when switching deed tabs, but it introduced enough bugs that it will have to wait for a future release.)

Version 1.3.1 release notes:

Deeds:
    • Added Difficulty deeds, and an option to mark the current server as a Difficulty server.
    • Added Race & Social deeds Make it a Party: Elanor Fireworks and Make it a Party: Green and White Niphredil Fireworks;
    • Added Legendary Server Mordor deeds;
    • Corrected the lore for several deeds;
    • Updated the minimum level for several deeds;
    • Moved The Fall of Khazad-dûm - Leading the Charge and The Fall of Khazad-dûm - Original Challenger from Blood of Azog to The War of Three Peaks;
    • Corrected Warden class deed name from "Skillful Blocking" to "Skilful Blocking";
    • Changed minimum level of 'Silver Tongue' and 'Battle-hymn' to match the associated skills.
    • Filled in summary for Legend of Mirkwood.
    • Added Brawler Class deeds.
    • Added Fate of Gundabad U31 deeds:
      • Updated summary for CRE / Epic / The Legacy of Durin and the Trials of the Dwarves
      • CRE / Reputation / Reclaimers of the Mountain-hold
      • CRE / Allegiances / Zhélruka
      • Instances/The Mountain-hold
      • Rhovanion/Gundabad

UI:
    • Allow server caps to go below the default, to support Treebeard / Shadowfax.
    • When leveling, deed window won't refresh unless played character is selected and until character is out of combat.
    • When completing a deed that is extra long, the text no longer goes over the timestamp.
    • Added support for read-only view during session play.

Other:
    • Rule out if turned-in quest/deed was a Task first, before checking if it's a deed.

Bugs:
    • Fixed LOTRO Companion import issue with case differences between account names.
    • When leveling, if looking at an alt's deeds, the alt's level would be used instead of the current character.
    • Fixed auto-conflicting quest detection for The Perfect Picnic.
    Last edited by b414213562; Nov 11 2021 at 10:14 AM.

Plugin Along

Deed Tracker v1.3.3

Version 1.3.3 is now available at lotrointerface.com.

This release includes U31.1.1 deeds, more automatically generated objectives for deeds, and some smaller fixes.

Version 1.3.3 release notes:

Deeds:
    • Added U31.1.1 deeds:
      • Instances / The Mountain-hold:
        • Conqueror of the Three Peaks
        • Adkhât-zahhar, the Houses of Rest
      • Class/Race/Epic / Epic / Musings and Thanks
      • Rhovanian / The Vales of Vales of Anduin / Dances with Tentacles (Tiers 1-3)
    • Updated VXP values for several Enedwaith deeds.
    • Fixed objectives for many deeds.
    • Class/Race/Epic / Race & Social:
      • Marked Honoured Yule-friend as Not Actively Achievable.
      • Fixed summaries for Frostbluff Flower-petals and Roten Fruit.
      • Moved Thespian out from under The Bard.

Quests:
    • Added conflicting quest "Far Anórien / After the Battle" for Gondor / Far Anórien / After the Battle.

Other:
    • Added Brawler to list of classes.
    • Fixed internal tracking of Class, Race, and Vocation deeds.
      • Note: This seems to be working, but needs additional eyes beyond my hobbit minstrel.
    • Updated default live and legendary server level caps.

Bugs:
    • Fixed issue with total deed count, total LP available, and total VXP available not re-calculating correctly.

It looks like I may have forgotten to release 1.3.2. Here are those changes:

Deeds:
    • Added missing title for CRE / Allegiances / Zhélruka: Allegiance Level 30
    • Added French and German translations up to U31

Plugin Along

Deed Tracker v1.3.4

Version 1.3.4 is now available at lotrointerface.com.

This release includes U32 deeds, bug fixes, and UI changes!

Version 1.3.4 release notes:

Deeds:
    • Added Instances / The Mountain-hold / The Hiddenhoard of Abnankâra deeds
    • Added Class/Race/Epic / Reputation / Kindred to the Defenders of the Angle deed
    • Added Eriador / Trollshaws / The Angle of Mitheithel deeds
    • Added Legendary Server deeds for Grey Mountains, Level 120

Bugs:
    • A few Class / Race / Vocation deeds were not displayed correctly after 1.3.3 changed how those deeds were stored internally. These are now fixed.
    • A check against current Class / Race / Vocation was not updated correctly after 1.3.3. This is now fixed. (Thanks to Crell for finding this!)
    • The names of Guardian and Hunter difficulty deeds got swapped in 1.3.3.
    • Deed Tracker will no longer consider deeds with minimum levels above the character's current level. (e.g. Instances / Shadows of Angmar / Woe of the Willow -- Tier 1 has a minimum level of 125, but the quest Woe of the Willow -- Tier 1 can be completed when running the instance at level 20. Instead of prompting the player each time, Deed Tracker will ignore the deed until the player gets to level 125.)
    • Deeds marked completed that with a minimum level above the character's current level now show their checkbox, so they can be uncompleted if needed.
    • Chat monitoring turned off in Session Play.
    • Disambiguate Dialog no longer stays open if parent of deed also completes. (e.g. the dialog for 'Warg-slayer (Advanced)' will automatically close if 'Slayer of the North Downs' completes.)

UI:
    • Completion Window now hides/unhides when Toggle HUD is pressed.
    • Completion Window now closes when Escape is pressed.
    • Completed Class and Race deeds are now shown, even if character is a different class or race. (Useful in case of race change, or a deed marked complete in error.)
    • Updated text in Disambiguation Window if quest is possible (e.g. Warg-slayer).
    • Added button next to character dropdown to reset to current character.

Other:
    • Split out Info from Debug messages, should only affect users with Verbose Logging on. Informational messages now written in green instead of red.

Plugin Along

Deed Tracker v1.3.5

Version 1.3.5 is now available at lotrointerface.com.

This release includes U33 deeds, bug fixes, and a slight performance improvement!

Version 1.3.5 release notes:

Deeds:
    • Fixed an issue where a quote was sometimes written as \q in deed objective text.
    • Added Anniversary: A Flurry of Fireworks deeds.
    • Added Legendary Server deeds for War of Three Peaks, Level 130.
    • Added the limited time Happy 15th Anniversary deed.
    • Added the Yondershire deeds in Eriador / Shire and Class/Race/Epic / Reputation.
    • Added French and German deed translations up to U33.

Bugs:
    • Found and fixed several syntax issues using Lunarwater's new VSC extension.
    • Fixed Deed Region lookups for Wells of Langflood and Mordor.
    • Fixed several issues with Import from LOTRO Companion.

Other:
    • Deed Tracker no longer loads files for non-active client languages.
    • Added a single-character import option to the Import from LOTRO Companion HTA.

Trying it out

So, I used to use Wintersong's spreadsheets to track my toons, deeds and that, but I just downloaded the Companion and wow. Just the fact that I can import the data directly is HUGE. I can't tell you how tedious it was entering every data point manually.
    I don't know how comprehensive Companion is, but it seems to be very comprehensive. Far more so than Wintersong's work. I can ditch all those out-of-date spreadsheets now. Excellent! Thanks for this game changer!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruisert View Post
    So, I used to use Wintersong's spreadsheets to track my toons, deeds and that, but I just downloaded the Companion and wow. Just the fact that I can import the data directly is HUGE. I can't tell you how tedious it was entering every data point manually.
    I don't know how comprehensive Companion is, but it seems to be very comprehensive. Far more so than Wintersong's work. I can ditch all those out-of-date spreadsheets now. Excellent! Thanks for this game changer!
    Thanks a lot. It warms my heart.
    Author of LotroCompanion: https://sourceforge.net/projects/lotrocompanion/ - https://github.com/dmorcellet/lotro-companion
    Characters@Landroval: Giswald(Champ/130),Meva(Mini/130),Backstaba(Burg/130),Lorewyne(LM/124),Kargarth(Guard/122),Glumlug(Hunter/120),Ethell(Captain/120),Utharr(RK/120)...

Plugin Along

Deed Tracker v1.3.6

Version 1.3.6 is now available at lotrointerface.com.

This release includes Before the Shadow deeds and a few bug fixes!

Version 1.3.6 release notes:

Deeds:
    • Eriador / Trollshaws: Added The Further Adventures of Elladan and Elrohir
    • Added Before the Shadow deeds:
      • Skirmish / Skirmish Instances: Doom of Caras Gelebren
      • Instances / Shadows of Angmar: Sarch Vorn
      • Class/Race/Epic / Class: Added Delvings: Introduction, Level 15/20/30/40/51/51.
      • Class/Race/Epic / Reputation: Added The Dúnedain of Cardolan, Known through Kindred
      • Eriador / Swanfleet & Cardolan: Swanfleet, Cardolan, and Delvings
    • Changed Skirmish category level ranges from (for example) "Level 20 - 130" to "Level 20+".
    • Small changes to conform to in-game changes:
      • Removed 5 LP from Beorning Class Deeds - Tier 3
      • Changed "Eglan" to "Kindred to the Eglain"
      • Changed "Celebrated/Honoured in the The Great Alliance" to "Celebrated/Honoured in The Great Alliance"
      • Changed "Respected by the Relcaimers of the Mountain-hold" to "Respected by the Reclaimers of the Mountain-hold"
      • Changed "Lórien Lookout" to "Lórien Look-out"
      • Tweaked indentation of Skirmish Instances page.

Bugs:
    • Fixed issue where chat commands were registered more than once.
    • Fixed issue where deed completion chats containing extended characters (e.g. Annúminas) garbled the special characters.

Plugin Along

Deed Tracker v1.3.7

Version 1.3.7 is now available at lotrointerface.com.

This release updates a few Before the Shadow deeds and adds French and German translations!

Version 1.3.7 release notes:

Deeds:
    • "The Haban’akkâ of Thráin" changed to "The Haban'akkâ of Thráin" due to game changes.
    • VXP of Treasure of Swanfleet and Treasure of Cardolan updated.
    • Reputation gains from Cardolan deeds added.
    • Added French and German translations from Before the Shadow (U34).

Plugin Along

Deed Tracker v1.3.8

Version 1.3.8 is now available at lotrointerface.com.

This release fixes a bug that Crell stumbled on with cascade completion!

Version 1.3.8 release notes:

Bugs:
    • Fixed bug with cascade deletion in Skirmish Instances that Crell found.

Quote Originally Posted by b414213562 View Post
    Version 1.3.7 is now available at lotrointerface.com.

This release updates a few Before the Shadow deeds and adds French and German translations!

Version 1.3.7 release notes:

Deeds:
    • "The Haban’akkâ of Thráin" changed to "The Haban'akkâ of Thráin" due to game changes.
    • VXP of Treasure of Swanfleet and Treasure of Cardolan updated.
    • Reputation gains from Cardolan deeds added.
    • Added French and German translations from Before the Shadow (U34).
    Out of curiosity, what is the difference between The Haban’akkâ of Thráin and The Haban'akkâ of Thráin (I copied both texts)?
    I can't see any, do I need eye doctor or something?

Quote Originally Posted by marmi View Post
    Out of curiosity, what is the difference between The Haban’akkâ of Thráin and The Haban'akkâ of Thráin (I copied both texts)?
    I can't see any, do I need eye doctor or something?
    About 30° rotation on the tick-mark between the "n" and the "a".

Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor View Post
    About 30° rotation on the tick-mark between the "n" and the "a".
    I thought you are joking at first but apparently there is indeed such difference, so I need to see eye doctor lol
    So are you trying to tell me that developers made such fundamental change to that text which no one had problem with for over a year?
    And therefore it needs to be updated in some plugins?

Plugin Along
    I thought you are joking at first but apparently there is indeed such difference, so I need to see eye doctor lol
    So are you trying to tell me that developers made such fundamental change to that text which no one had problem with for over a year?
    The way the Deed Tracker plugin knows you've completed a deed is by looking at the "Completed: X" messages in your Quest chat channel. If X matches the name of a deed that Deed Tracker knows about, you finished that deed!* When SSG changes the name of a deed, Deed Tracker has to change too, otherwise it won't be a match.

* Maybe. Sometimes the same name refers to more than one deed, or both a deed and a quest.

Plugin Along
    Fun fact: the character changed from ’ U+2019 "Right Single Quotation Mark" to ' U+0027 "Apostrophe" in almost (but not quite) all instances.

Plugin Along

Deed Tracker v3.0.1

Version 3.0.1 is now available at lotrointerface.com.

There are a lot of changes in this release! The biggest is under the covers: the file format has changed for v2.0 to v3.0, and your per-character save files will be updated when you first load the Deed Tracker plugin on each server. If something goes wrong with the update, please contact me at LotroDeedTracker@gmail.com!

Additionally, this update includes the U35 Return to Carn Dûm deeds.

Version 3.0.1 release notes:

Deeds:
    • Tweaked spelling and capitalization of numerous titles.
    • Updated minimum level of numerous deeds.
    • Updated LP from 5 to 0:
      • Class/Race/Epic / Race & Social / Deeds of Eriador
      • Rhovanian / Strongholds of the North / Explorer of the North
      • Rhovanian / Strongholds of the North / Here Fishy Fishy Fishy
      • Rhovanian / Elderslade / Hobgoblin-slayer of Elderslade (Advanced)
    • Added U35 deeds for Return to Carn Dûm & Delving Missions.
    • Moved Eriador / Swanfleet & Cardolan to 4th position in Eriador to match in-game deed log.
    • Added additional French/German translations for Deed Items and Conflicting Quests.
    • Updated generation of automatic objectives for many deeds.
    • Marked Avoiding Defeat deeds as "Not Actively Available".
    • Added display when deed max level is below character level.
    • Remove deeds that do not appear to be available in-game:
      • Rhovanian / Gundabad / Critter-slayer
      • Rhovanian / Gundabad / Gundabad Critter-slayer (Advanced)
      • Instances / The Grey Mountains / Where Death Lies In Wait
      • Instances / The War of Three Peaks / Amdân Dammul, the Bloody Threshold - The Vanguard
      • Instances / The Mountain-hold / Tûr Fúar, the Drearspire: All

Bugs:
    • Marked Rhovanion / Vales of Anduin / The Depths of Kidzul-kalah -- Tier 3 -- Leading the Charge as not-actively-available.
    • Marked Skirmish / Skirmish Instances / Doom of Caras Gelebren with a conflicting quest.
    • Some German and French gendered deed names were incorrectly stored. This meant automatic deed detection did not work for those deeds. This has been addressed.
    • Fixed summary text for Class/Race/Epic / Class / Heroic Resolve.
    • Marked the conflicting quest "Baggins' Birthday" as not-repeatable.
    • Fixed summaries for Fangorn's Edge deeds.
    • Instances / Tower of Dol Guldur / Not Actively Avaliable category now marked as Legendary only.

Enhancements:
    • Included Turbine files to remove installation dependency.
    • Updated some displayed quest names for conflicting Skirmish deeds.
    • Made large changes to the per-character save files.
    • Removed option to hide deeds with max level below character level.

Plugin Along

Deed Tracker v3.0.2

Version 3.0.2 is now available at lotrointerface.com.

This is a quick follow-on release to fix a few 3.0.1 issues that popped up for some users.

Version 3.0.2 release notes:

Deeds:
    • Added Instances / Return to Carn Dûm / Rat-bane (Tiers 1-3)

Bugs:
    • Prevent error when checking if deed is mount-related.
    • Account for character entries that don't have corresponding files.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2