We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
    Quote Originally Posted by theultimatekyle View Post
    He's not saying that wardens shouldnt be tanks, it seems he's saying that since the reality is that they aren't currently capable of tanking, and the devs show no desire to want to change that, that they should just update the class info on character creation to reflect that.

Warden's havent been proper tanks since 105 cap. That was 5 years ago. Plus with the new brawler tank coming in just a few months, they really dont have any incentive to fix Warden tanking. Thats just the reality of the class now.
    Exactly. I chose Warden because I wanted to tank. If they're not going to fix it (and if they were going to fix it, they would have done it years ago), but still advertise it as a tanking class, it's a mean trick to play on new players. Especially since you have to pay extra for the class.

Strider5548 is offline Legendary Hunter of Middle-earth
    Original Challenger of Jagger Jack
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor View Post
    Exactly. I chose Warden because I wanted to tank. If they're not going to fix it (and if they were going to fix it, they would have done it years ago), but still advertise it as a tanking class, it's a mean trick to play on new players. Especially since you have to pay extra for the class.
    To be honest I would be even angrier if they just ninja change the description to 'DPS'. I agree it's problematic the description is wrong, but the solution should be to fix Warden tanks not change their description to DPS lol.

Cmon SSG throw us a bone.
    Servers: Treebeard | Arkenstone | Landroval
    Classes: Hunter | Champion | Loremaster | Warden | Beorning | Guardian | Captain | Burglar
    Creeps: Warleader | Reaver

Did motivating speech really need to be put on a timer of 5 minutes for duration? It seems from the release notes that it needed to be on a timer to be raid wide, which sure that's fine for that benefit, but in that case why not make it a really long timer? Being only 5 minutes is going to just make it really annoying when playing solo to have to activate the skill every 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeneth View Post
    Did motivating speech really need to be put on a timer of 5 minutes for duration? It seems from the release notes that it needed to be on a timer to be raid wide, which sure that's fine for that benefit, but in that case why not make it a really long timer? Being only 5 minutes is going to just make it really annoying when playing solo to have to activate the skill every 5 minutes.
    Potentially an attempt to prevent people recruiting Captains for motivating speech and then kicking them. Granted not a particularly necessary thing to block considering how instrumental all of the other Captain buffs/debuffs tend to be.
    ~ Take the player, not the class ~

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeneth View Post
    I'm fairly certain they want to make it annoying to play on purpose. I'm fully convinced they're just trying to steer people to buy brawler now. And if they need to work this hard to push brawler, then it'll probably end up releasing as a half baked mess, just like beorning was on release. Heck, half a decade later and beorning still only feels 75% finished compared to other classes

Quote Originally Posted by theultimatekyle View Post
    I'm fairly certain they want to make it annoying to play on purpose. I'm fully convinced they're just trying to steer people to buy brawler now. And if they need to work this hard to push brawler, then it'll probably end up releasing as a half baked mess, just like beorning was on release. Heck, half a decade later and beorning still only feels 75% finished compared to other classes
    It’s going to be a complete waste to put all this effort into a new class that on paper seemingly doesn’t fit the LotR universe in any meaningful way. We have enough classes. Every class has 3 trees and about half of those trees are completely and utterly useless. I won’t be paying a cent for the brawler class just like I didn’t for the beorning. Until players start putting their money where there mouth is, SSG will continue to push out BS half baked, barely lore appropriate classes because it’s profitable. We as a player base need to financially incentivize them to focus on putting serious work into the classes that already exist instead of spending 2k LP or whatever it’s going to cost to play Brawler. Think about it, there are going to be a solid amount of idiot cash shop whales who will not want to level through the content so they’ll valar the new class for $70 just so they can try the shiny new thing. I get that it’s a smart business decision for them but how blatantly cash grabby can this game become before people say enough is enough.

Red guardians are still useless

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDuckTape View Post
    maybe yours is

i cant wait to do t1 3 mans for boxes and provide half of the damage of a hunter

/s

Quote Originally Posted by Kehleyr_SSG View Post
    Guardian
    • Protection by the Sword group melee damage buff increased [2%->5%]
    Protection by the sword does not work anymore since this update. It does not give us any dmg buff anymore.

Comments belong in a different thread, removed from this thread.
    Last edited by GarethB; Oct 07 2021 at 08:06 PM. Reason: commented in wrong thread
    Therina - Hobbit Guard Rongo - Hobbit Warden
    Frood - Man Minstrel Garmun - Man Captain
    Zorosi - Dwarf Champ Froodaroon - Elf Hunter
    Southern Defenders - Arkenstone (formerly Elendilmir)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7