We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

I miss when the Burglar was fun....

One of the things that makes some character classes tedious is long fights. I used to love playing the Burglar because I could sneak up on landscape mobs and it was 1-2-3 hits and they were down. Now with all the morale adjustments and damage adjustments, the burglar has become just another combat grinding class, and some of what made them uniquely fun and different is just gone.

Am I just missing something here? Sneaking around is still fun, but fighting with the burg has become a chore, to the point that I just don't log on to that character very much any more. Any suggestions?

Are you wearing gear?

If killing lotro mobs takes too long for you, I honestly suggest you play a realism first-person-shooter, because I am not convinced there is an MMO currently in existence which has weaker landscape mobs. Breathe on most of them and they die.

I still manage to do the sneak & stab when soloing, but I'm only a level 81 burg taking on Oruk Hai & other Orcs...not a Nazgul in sight. My main bug bear is doing instances with fellowships, in those any character class that has a multipart skill may as well forget them. By the time Warden's & Burglars have done their prep such as going into stealth or Ambush mode or a Hunter has set his traps, the grunts have waded in & all you can do is rush after them swinging as you go....absolutely no finesse to the play whatsoever
    No King, No Law, Utopia!

Quote Originally Posted by Twitcheetwitch View Post
    One of the things that makes some character classes tedious is long fights. I used to love playing the Burglar because I could sneak up on landscape mobs and it was 1-2-3 hits and they were down. Now with all the morale adjustments and damage adjustments, the burglar has become just another combat grinding class, and some of what made them uniquely fun and different is just gone.

Am I just missing something here? Sneaking around is still fun, but fighting with the burg has become a chore, to the point that I just don't log on to that character very much any more. Any suggestions?
    I am not sure, I get what you mean. I am still oneshotting mobs, so you mean that fight is to boring? I also miss burglar, cj means nothing now except stun/interupt, and we slowly drifting from support class to dps one. When I was rolled burglard 12 years ago, playing dps class wasnt my intention at all. But like I said, I think this is not what you mean. If you miss dps, and easy kills with sneaks, you doing something wrong, becouse it's already here.
    Gifford brg // Clodvig mns // Clodas wrd
    Clodburz dfl
    WeRock
    Yes, english is not my native language.