We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    For me this 5 minute duration is one of the most annoying aspects about playing a captain currently, but not far behind that is blade brother/heralds. I feel like I almost have to recast blade brother just as much as motivating speech because the herald is unsummoned for whatever plethora of reasons, or gets lost or stuck somewhere, or whatever the case may be. It's starting to feel like half the time I spend playing on captain is just activating those two buffs. Even though Captain is my favorite class in the game, it really does feel like a breath of fresh air sometimes playing on another character just because I'm not constantly needing to rebuff every few minutes. When you add those together with Captain's rather sluggish animations, it's not hard to see why some people find them clunky to play.

Ok, this Motivating Speech duration nerf has got to go. It was better as a toggle, but if the devs want to stick Captains with the need to refresh it every so often, then they need to make it a 30min or 60 min duration buff. I can live with it being set back to a toggle or a duration buff that last longer than 5min. Sorry, but 5min for a duration buff simply makes Motivating Speech completely useless in any and every setting and it turns Captains into what Vanilla WoW Rets were... buffbots.

With the changes to Telling Mark... I can see where the devs are coming from with that one, but with Motivating Speech... sorry, but they need to make it a 30-60 min duration buff.

Any update on this?

Just wondering if there was a update on this?

I don't plan on playing my Captain until they fix this, either by reverting the change or make the duration longer.

Playing Captain on landscape is unbearable with this 5 min duration

well yes, the 5min duration is still there.

I heard some ''rumors'' that there might be more changes onto motivation speech coming through, but cant confirm anything nor am even sure if this is true at all.
    WhiteGoliath

I'll say this, a weakness with the captain class is that there are too many toggle skills, it's noticeable when playing it outside of groups. You spend plenty of the duration of the buffs, just watching the animations. That said, the thing I miss the uttermost on my captain is having that motivating speech be a stance, and not something I have to repeat constantly. It's a big distraction, I forget to reapply it, it is awkward to use mid-combat. Please make this a toggle thing again.
    "...None of us would join the Grey Company if we felt its errand was not important enough to brave those risks. For my part, I will not give in to fear of the unknown. We all have our role to play, and I hope only that when I have played mine, the world will have been better for my having been in it.

This change is extremely annoying.

In Shadows of Angmar at release, Motivating Speech was 30 minutes, but In Defence Of Middle Earth was a separate legendary skill with 5 minutes duration. Of course that was before massive stat inflation, and so when you got 1 point in every stat per level (+50 at level cap effectively) it actually mattered, where as 1500 these days has a much smaller impact.

So this skill is significantly worse than it has been at any point I can remember.

I really wish SSG would listen to players. But as usuall they will ignore it and do what the decide is best. You do wonder if any of the developers actually play the game especially a captain.

I absolutely get why the change from aura to usable skill was made: not only bc of weapon swap and IDOME bug/recalculation but also bc the server had to constantly check the posiotion on x,y axes realtively to cappy to check if buffs should be applied or not. I get it, it was a big load on the server. But 5 minutes is just too short. Make it 10 or even better 15 - cappy has already a lot to do to maintain all the buffs AND do some damage to add the long animated skill to be pressed every couple of minutes AND after each rez.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaheer View Post
    well yes, the 5min duration is still there.

I heard some ''rumors'' that there might be more changes onto motivation speech coming through, but cant confirm anything nor am even sure if this is true at all.
    I'm guessing those were just rumors

Any chance we can push SSG to make Motivating Speech longer?

I just don't like spamming this ability 12 times an hour just to keep it up

Bump.

This is such a stupid change. Why not make it 30 minutes like it used to be?

Angry Hear, hear!

Quote Originally Posted by KillAllFrep View Post
    Bump.

This is such a stupid change. Why not make it 30 minutes like it used to be?
    I strongly agree. This is a bone-headed change that makes no logical sense. I hate being at the mercy of stupid people who make stupid decisions.

Change this! FIX this!
    Dwarves must fight for dwarves!

I was hopeful when I started reading the new release notes. Brawler, long list of changes. Burglar, long list of changes. C’mon Captain! and…….nothing. Still a 5 min “toggle”. Why? Why do you hate this skill so much? I mean, how motivating can that speech be if you have to give it every 5 minutes?

Quote Originally Posted by Swanee View Post
    I was hopeful when I started reading the new release notes. Brawler, long list of changes. Burglar, long list of changes. C’mon Captain! and…….nothing. Still a 5 min “toggle”. Why? Why do you hate this skill so much? I mean, how motivating can that speech be if you have to give it every 5 minutes?

I've played solo landscape slowly for 9 years and this 5 minute skill is the most annoying change I've seen in the game. I just outright ignore it now which is not how the game should be played. Haven't posted here In years but had to on this

Quote Originally Posted by KillAllFrep View Post
    Why not make it 30 minutes like it used to be?
    I whole-heartedly agree!

Quote Originally Posted by HerrDave View Post
    I whole-heartedly agree!
    The duration of the skill was finally increased to 20 min.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurinuor View Post
    The duration of the skill was finally increased to 20 min.
    So they decrease it to 5 min with no reason and 2 years later increase it to 20 min with no reason

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    So they decrease it to 5 min with no reason and 2 years later increase it to 20 min with no reason
    There was a reason for both.

Change to 5 minutes: This was a change from an "aura" to a skill cast with a limited duration, and from a Fellowship-wide aura to a Raid-wide skill effect. The intent was to reduce server load due to the need to check distance between the Captain with the aura and every potential recipient of the aura. The limited time was to prevent a Captain from casting the skill and then leaving the group while allowing the group to benefit from the skill for an extended period of time.

Change to 20 minutes: This was made in response to player requests to lengthen the buff time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tralfazz View Post
    There was a reason for both.

Change to 5 minutes: This was a change from an "aura" to a skill cast with a limited duration, and from a Fellowship-wide aura to a Raid-wide skill effect. The intent was to reduce server load due to the need to check distance between the Captain with the aura and every potential recipient of the aura. The limited time was to prevent a Captain from casting the skill and then leaving the group while allowing the group to benefit from the skill for an extended period of time.
    This is plain stupid. No one confirm that, and if they have that reasons, they can have multiple different ways how fix it

Change to 20 minutes: This was made in response to player requests to lengthen the buff time.[/QUOTE]

So they decide to keep problem, or problem wasn't so serious in first place? Only people who never play Lotro can consider what players would like to see 5 min buff.

This is plain stupid. No one confirm that, and if they have that reasons, they can have multiple different ways how fix it

So they decide to keep problem, or problem wasn't so serious in first place? Only people who never play Lotro can consider what players would like to see 5 min buff.
    I have been hovering on the edge of putting you on my ignore list for a long time now. All you do is complain (prolifically) and your writing style gives me a headache. Buh-bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Tralfazz View Post
    I have been hovering on the edge of putting you on my ignore list for a long time now. All you do is complain (prolifically) and your writing style gives me a headache. Buh-bye.
    When they add 5 min cd every player who have captain complain about that. So you want put everyone in ignore? Sorry if you don't like my posts, I just want to see anwers from devs why it was reverted twice. I try google anything about your version why it happens and find nothing.

This is plain stupid. No one confirm that,
    Pot, meet kettle. That's what the Dev(s) have said.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

As the originator of this thread I wanted to post my closing comment.
    Kudos for actually listening to your player base and changing the duration to 20 minutes.
    It's not ideal and it's not as good as the original duration, but it is a positive response to a legitimate customer complaint.
    My captain is happier and his sore throat from shouting encouragements every 5 minutes is getting better.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3