We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Yellow build

Yellow build

This is a good build to DPS and actually very good for tanking 3-mans if you know how to play the class.

Even if you can go sword & shield, I found yellow is really meant to be played with a 2-handed weapon, remember this build is for a dps role and tanking 3-mans, not main tanking raids and such, that is what blue line is for!

Gear: all DPS gear and LI's, fill with Vit essences when Physical mastery (800k+) and crit rating (500k) are high enough. Actually, same gear as red build.

Tanked with ease Shadow King t5 and Roost/harrowing/woe/agoroth t3 with this build.

Put the mark, use a lot thrill of danger / guardian's pledge / redirect to stay alive when pulling lots of ads, and most importantly, have fun DPSing while tanking

The only issues I have with yellow build is that it needs better debuffs and flash of light really need a good boost.

What's your experience with yellow guard? Share!

So for my yellow build, yellow line is pretty much maxed aside from war-chant range. After that I put remaining points in red line for dps/bleeds. So I have brutal assault (2 points there) and then 2 points in what is right under it for bleeds. I have found that the debuffs, do make bosses hit less hard. I also found a decent shoulder piece on woe t2 that has incoming healing. Catch a breath with 15% incoming healing+ legacies is very strong for three mans and t1 six man (like stairs). Also, I have found that when bosses don't simply go around bpe, guardian's ward gets me up to +17% parry (wish the duration was longer). War chant and whirling retaliation are my main sources of dmg, along with sweeping cut. When we are allowed a few more points in the trait trees, my bleeds will become quite strong. On the other hand my aoe in red line will become very good too, so maybe it is a wash.