We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Rescaling Adv Attack on the loss of 5% telling mark

Quote Originally Posted by Zaheer View Post
    List 5.2 including shadow's lament added scaling damage from telling mark being underscaled.
    • Advantageous Attack has been neglected over the past years even after the captains patch, this is the added damage bonus for using shadow's lament onto a target with telling mark. The numbers seem to vary from time to time but are nonetheless very low.
      [07/25 10:01:45 PM] Zaheer scored a critical hit with Shadow's Lament on the Training-dummy for 204,349 Light damage to Morale.
      [07/25 10:00:33 PM] Zaheer scored a critical hit with Shadow's Lament on the Training-dummy for 204,349 Light damage to Morale.
      [07/25 09:59:49 PM] Zaheer scored a critical hit with Shadow's Lament on the Training-dummy for 204,756 Light damage to Morale.
      [07/25 09:59:27 PM] Zaheer scored a critical hit with Shadow's Lament on the Training-dummy for 204,756 Light damage to Morale.
      [07/25 09:58:39 PM] Zaheer scored a critical hit with Shadow's Lament on the Training-dummy for 204,756 Light damage to Morale.

-> with telling
      [07/25 10:01:24 PM] Zaheer scored a critical hit with Shadow's Lament on the Training-dummy for 214,566 Light damage to Morale.
      [07/25 10:01:23 PM] Zaheer scored a critical hit with Advantageous Attack on the Training-dummy for 7,643 Light damage to Morale.

[07/25 10:00:56 PM] Zaheer scored a critical hit with Shadow's Lament on the Training-dummy for 214,566 Light damage to Morale.
      [07/25 10:00:56 PM] Zaheer scored a critical hit with Advantageous Attack on the Training-dummy for 6,286 Light damage to Morale.

[07/25 10:00:12 PM] Zaheer scored a critical hit with Shadow's Lament on the Training-dummy for 214,566 Light damage to Morale.
      [07/25 10:00:12 PM] Zaheer scored a critical hit with Advantageous Attack on the Training-dummy for 8,106 Light damage to Morale.

[07/25 09:59:04 PM] Zaheer scored a critical hit with Shadow's Lament on the Training-dummy for 214,994 Light damage to Morale.
      [07/25 09:59:04 PM] Zaheer scored a critical hit with Advantageous Attack on the Training-dummy for 7,461 Light damage to Morale.

As seen above, these are the numbers given to shadows lament when used with telling mark.
    As a proposal, I say we rescale this, to give the captain slightly more DPS at the 5% damage mark loss.

How much is up to the dev, but since we, as captains, lose 5% damage over all our skills. I'd say the added light damage bonus should be around 50-100k(being affected by legacies too)

I also ask what other people think of this idea, so please leave some feedback.

The numbers, could actually be higher, due to us loosing a major chunk of damage over time on the loss of 5% telling mark.

But, we could also propose a fixed % bonus in terms of damage to shadow's lament. This way, we avoid further loss in future content updates and level caps.
    Last edited by Zaheer; Jul 27 2021 at 04:14 AM.
    WhiteGoliath

Cool

It will give great hope to see a light for the future in these dark days of captains.

I'm worried the captains will be nerf more, I don't care about the buff, they just need to fix bugs. Nvm, keep using rev/noble mark on creeps. We need more endless fight with reavers.
    Númenor

Evernight / Arkenstone

As seen above, these are the numbers given to shadows lament when used with telling mark.
    As a proposal, I say we rescale this, to give the captain slightly more DPS at the 5% damage mark loss.

How much is up to the dev, but since we, as captains, lose 5% damage over all our skills. I'd say the added light damage bonus should be around 50-100k(being affected by legacies too)

The numbers, could actually be higher, due to us loosing a major chunk of damage over time on the loss of 5% telling mark.

But, we could also propose a fixed % bonus in terms of damage to shadow's lament. This way, we avoid further loss in future content updates and level caps.
    Agree. The captain lost 5% damage under the pretext of reducing the damage of the groups, as for the captain outside the groups - it was not specified. Compensate for this damage in some talent or skill.

Why didn't that just set it as 10% Damage Bonus for Captain and 5% for Fellowship.

Mind you I still don't understand why they nerfed the Captain at all, would have been better to just fix the Guardians obvious and well documented broken skills.