We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Does "Exsanguinate" trigger automatically?

The description of the skill "Blood Arrow" clearly states: "Activates the skill Exsanguinate". That seems to unambiguous - Exsanguinate follows Blood Arrow automatically. But why in that case is Exsanguinate a skill slotable on the action bar? I've seen some hunters click on Blood Arrow and then immediately on Exsanguinate, which seems like a waste both of time and of an action bar slot.

Are you asking this because you dont have a hunter yourself?

Using blood arrow makes the skill exsang operative/useable, which is closer to the meaning of activate than what you're describing. Yes it is a distinct skill you have to press following a blood arrow. Why do you look at these other hunters and thing "hmm they must be playing inefficiently"?
    Argendauss, Captain
    Rechart, Warden
    Hrodgart, Beorning
    Gunnart, Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by Anaxapart View Post
    The description of the skill "Blood Arrow" clearly states: "Activates the skill Exsanguinate". That seems to unambiguous - Exsanguinate follows Blood Arrow automatically.
    Poor writing; using Blood Arrow does not cast Exsanguinate, it merely activates the skill button. Not usable otherwise. Perhaps "enables the skill Exsanguinate" would be more accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by Omen_Kaizer View Post
    Are you asking this because you dont have a hunter yourself?

Using blood arrow makes the skill exsang operative/useable, which is closer to the meaning of activate than what you're describing. Yes it is a distinct skill you have to press following a blood arrow. Why do you look at these other hunters and thing "hmm they must be playing inefficiently"?
    The only thing I can think is that OP is watching streamers on Youtube or Twitch. Does seem odd if you didn't have a hunter, that you'd bother asking this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fr0striven View Post
    The only thing I can think is that OP is watching streamers on Youtube or Twitch. Does seem odd if you didn't have a hunter, that you'd bother asking this.
    Yeah that's what I'm inferring too. Fair to ask questions, but the "seems like a waste" angle cooked into OP's question... ought to have been paired with a better baseline understanding of the class. (Which I have to guard against myself tbh, hazard of my irl profession too having to find faults in #### I ain't seen before)
    Argendauss, Captain
    Rechart, Warden
    Hrodgart, Beorning
    Gunnart, Guardian