We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Nearly every culture that has ever been has engaged in unarmed combat in one form or another. So I really don't have a problem with this. I doubt any elf would just cower in a corner if they found themselves without bow or sword. I do find it rather weird that an elf of either variety would actually prefer to use their fists over a weapon, but then just as various elves master various weapons, it stands to reason that at least some few would dedicate themselves to mastering some form of unarmed combat. Not all of them are given to singing things to death, after all.
    Very nice. Very evil.

Quote Originally Posted by hillard1959 View Post
    Nearly every culture that has ever been has engaged in unarmed combat in one form or another. So I really don't have a problem with this. I doubt any elf would just cower in a corner if they found themselves without bow or sword. I do find it rather weird that an elf of either variety would actually prefer to use their fists over a weapon, but then just as various elves master various weapons, it stands to reason that at least some few would dedicate themselves to mastering some form of unarmed combat. Not all of them are given to singing things to death, after all.
    Brawler Class just takes Melee Hand to Hand Combat to the extreme with the Brawler's Body being the weapon along with 2 Battle-Gauntlets (which deal and take the hits).

Personally, at least from the point of view of any Race when it comes to their physical abilities I have never understood why people put Tolkien's Elves into a category of not being strong physically.

If anything, even a common Elf who was born in Middle-Earth during the Third Age and has never seen the Undying Lands is physically stronger than almost any of the Race of Men for example pending certain exceptions.

There is a reason Morgoth and Sauron both tried to corrupt and enslave Elves to be their Servants.

Brawler Class was just a very odd choice for how SSG and the LOTRO Licensor decided to develop and flesh it out in terms of Battle-Gauntlets being both Offense and Defense for the Class and it's main way to do both while having a few other Bodily ways of Attacking & Defending. If they would have kept a form of Weapon still involved, keep the 2 Battle-Gauntlets but use a Sword so the Sword would be a mainly Attacking tool with some Defensive aspects while the Battle-Gauntlets were a mainly Defensive tool with some Attacking aspects would have made far more sense.

Then having a "Helm Hammerhand" type of Mechanic where the Brawler goes into a Berserk mode, forsaking their Sword and using only their innate strength, rage, so on and so forth would have made more sense.

Basically akin to Kratos in God of War 2018:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peqt6gLAPFg

You have X amount of time where your Body becomes the weapon before going back to the mostly Sword Offensive, Gauntlets Defense mode.

But it's too little too late for such now

Quote Originally Posted by Harvain View Post

Yeah, that would've have been really cool.

On the bright side, we now have ammunition in plenty for a renewed push for Hobbit Champions.
    Very nice. Very evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvain View Post
    Beornings took many, many years to reach their current form so it's never too late for them to rethink Brawler. It is far too late for them to establish a policy of releasing new classes that are polished and well-thought out, however.

Should be fun to see how many ####### mains make the jump to anime-style elf/high elf brawlers. It's a combo that screams "Fight Club is the best film of all time, bro".

Quote Originally Posted by Fantomex View Post
    Beornings took many, many years to reach their current form so it's never too late for them to rethink Brawler. It is far too late for them to establish a policy of releasing new classes that are polished and well-thought out, however.

Should be fun to see how many ####### mains make the jump to anime-style elf/high elf brawlers. It's a combo that screams "Fight Club is the best film of all time, bro".
    IKR! For the longest time only minis got to do it! They fulfilled the role of a non-canon space laser or death beam! WHERE IS THE LOVE FOR OTHER CLASSES!

But esp when we figbr stuff ten times our size, like, im totally down for when Captain's summon their noble phantasm of ghosts to gang up on a mumak; or the time that the hobbits gave in to their dark side and murderred every orc in the most non-canon why. Ugh am so pissed; why can't we get more bears fighting a troll or oliphant and not die?

-_- .......... get over it. Literally half the #### we fight against doesn't make sense nor do most of the things we fight and not die. The Brawler makes more sense than space lasers or hobbits committing genocide.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantomex View Post

First impressions are also very much key to anything in life.

A squandered first impression can eventually lead to something better but the overall potential is always forever lost. Which LOTRO is entering into such an Era to end and start 2021 and 2022 respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by wrath247 View Post
    IKR! For the longest time only minis got to do it! They fulfilled the role of a non-canon space laser or death beam! WHERE IS THE LOVE FOR OTHER CLASSES!

But esp when we figbr stuff ten times our size, like, im totally down for when Captain's summon their noble phantasm of ghosts to gang up on a mumak; or the time that the hobbits gave in to their dark side and murderred every orc in the most non-canon why. Ugh am so pissed; why can't we get more bears fighting a troll or oliphant and not die?

-_- .......... get over it. Literally half the #### we fight against doesn't make sense nor do most of the things we fight and not die. The Brawler makes more sense than space lasers or hobbits committing genocide.
    Sorry if I struck a nerve there. I'm sure you're a great hunter. Top notch.

Very fun to see the promotional video and dev post feature only Man and Dwarf Brawlers. It's almost like they tried out the Elves and thought, "Nah, too stupid." But if you look closely, you'll spot a hobbit that snuck in there. Cute!

I agree with a lot that has been said here.

High Elves, Elves and Hobbits shouldn't be available as races for the Brawler.
    Brawler fits to dwarves, stout axes and men in a somewhat urban environment.

Although I like how SSG did the Brawler (nice design, good animations), the concept of the class is very weak.
    The odds of unarmed survival against armed opponents are dramatically low. Even with brass knuckles which the Brawler hasnt got.
    No i ahië ya meril cenë Ambaressë ~
    Be the change you wish to see in the world

[ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDcnEhASd9U ]

Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    But you have equally disappointed players here as well, that there will be elven brawlers. Nothing will change though, but gotta voice our opinions what we think.
    I doubt too many people are going to be very focused on other people’s toons and will be focused on their own gameplay. And if someone does see one and doesn’t like it, I daresay they’ll get over it pretty fast and get on with their own tasks. It really doesn’t affect anything or anyone… not overall.

I agree that dwarves and humans are the best suited but if elves are available then sure, why not. Need a plus for a High Elf? They run faster than the other races (amongst other things)

and no one has ever had any issue in AD&D with the beloved Monk class, completely unarmed fighter class who is easily one of the more powerful classes in that world. And there are alot of Elf Monks, no one ever had issue with it. May not fit Lore but is anyone reaaaly going to notice or care if they see an Elf Brawler vs a Human Brawler run past? I doubt it. If you do, you need to turn off the game and find something else to worry about.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2