We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thumbs down New LI system will no doubt create a surge of people leaving the game

The new LI system is actually hilarious. The legacies(calling them traceries is just dumb) are in no way, shape or form going to be balanced. A system where you can create a variety of builds onpaper sounds amazing but from what we have seen over the years with imbued weapons and essences, there will be only one/two viable ways to build your character especially when it comes to endgame content (yes I know the game isn't about the endgame, but endgame is where your legacies truly matter). Having 2 legacies for base increases and 6 class increases on each weapon really doesn't give room for customisation especially when half of the new legacies aren't interesting/viable. You are essentially putting in a "new" system which is actually the same thing we have now but with more complications and from what it looks like, way WAY more grind. 12 legacies that can be upgraded 49 times (12 x 49 = 588) now given that half the legecy levels we currently get are free this makes it easily 2x the current grind and not to mention if you wanted to upgrade a blue legacy with a gold legacy, you lose the progress what you have made on your current so again more grind.

Just scrap the legendary system completely and change class skills to reflect the current LI legacies (a few changes for balance) and give us crafted/barterable/drop weapons which can potentially have essences in them and even give us set bonus essences. I get that the LI system is a "selling point" for the game but at this point it's just gone too far. Having to play around with essences, legacies and trait trees, it causes way too much balance issues and let's be fair, lotro has struggled with balancing classes for years which won't help when you throw in another (unneeded) class. If you're gonna give us another class, make it something interesting instead of a another "dps" class.

Strider5548 is offline Legendary Hunter of Middle-earth
    Original Challenger of Jagger Jack
    They could have saved an enormous amount of time and effort by keeping the existing system and simply removing unimbued LIs from the game, then overhauling the existing legacies, and lowering the amount of grind it takes to catch your LI up.

There are 90 players online on Treebeard right now, perfect case study for what happens when class balance is completely non-existent. I so fear an HD situation happening all over again if they can't get this fixed quickly.

What I'm most curious about is whether Palantir participants are clueless or just ignored.
    Servers: Treebeard | Arkenstone | Landroval
    Classes: Hunter | Champion | Loremaster | Warden | Beorning | Guardian | Captain | Burglar
    Creeps: Warleader | Reaver

It's like players feedback gets lost in translation - when we complained about SoEs best source being in the old content, they "fixed" it instead of adding more good sources. When we complained about ILI grind, they want to introduce a "new" complicated and grind driven system with new fancy vocabulary.

And it passes through Palantir testing.

After 6 years of staying on top of LI grind, I have had enough, bring on festival encores.
    Roaming Gladden since 2013

Okay, I may sound a bit sarcastic/cynical, but that's how I am.

Tried several toons on Bullroarer and it's unbalanced as hell:
    1. champs are done for good (there is a nice topic from Nubja, where you can read how to fox this mess)
    2. hunters are way too OP (I have just 3 pieces of Remmo 430 set, so no bonus damage/heartseeker CD), bad rotation and still have 3-min parse 230k+ DPS
    3. Heck, even my red guardian has better DPS compared to champ
    4. Yellow/Red RK seems same - ofc there are some cornerstone legacies missing (another topic on Bullroarer aims on this)

Advantage of new system:
    You get just one weapon/class LI (well more if you need DPS/healing/tanking sets) at the low level and stick with it until eternity (aka when game will be shut down)

Disadvantages:
    Four different rarities of traceries, 13 tiers of them, crazy amount of scrolls to upgrade those traceries

You basically recycled some old game systems, created abomination with insane grind

My questions are:
    Can you AFFORD TO LOOSE significant part of your player base, subscribers mostly? Because this is going to happen and I bet you know it.
    Can SSG/Daybreak/EG7 afford to keep game in red numbers? Will they keep it?
    Is it really that hard to listen to players on forums/reddit?
    Are Palantir testers okay with this system? Or you just ditched their opinions like you do with ours?

Honestly just ditch whole LI system and let us have normal weapons and class items with few bonuses like other games do - will work way better anyway.

PS: Sorry for bad English, I am just angry Slavic boy

I think SSG is fine with losing a big percentage of players as long as there are some people that pay in this system. But I'm sorry for them because it means that population will be less and it will be harder to do group content, specially pugs.
    Anamura, Sunnarea, Silenius, Neushiro, Wandrassa, Wuldar, Fingaladir, Meowear, Virgalia, Turgamar (Old Fegefeuer)
    Amilegeth, Wargarr, Shakarabash, Luklubuz, Grishlukashkahkh, Dashkanakh
    "One lag to lag them all and in the lagness lag them"

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarsong View Post

Honestly just ditch whole LI system and let us have normal weapons
    This. Get rid of the whole LI system. Make some kind of a class perks similar to virtues in mechanic instead.