We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

LOTRO Animated Wallpapers

A few months ago I started making animated wallpapers (based off video recordings of the game or screenshots) using Wallpaper Engine. I've been sharing them in other places, but figured it wouldn't hurt to add the info here - not like I'm expecting any interest or even visibility from this section but hey, maybe someone does see it.

All wallpapers are, of course, free tho you need to have the Wallpaper Engine software to be able to use animated wallpapers & screensavers in your monitor(s).

Here's a link to my Steam workshop, where you can find all the LOTRO ones I've made public: https://steamcommunity.com/id/eiskon...workshopfiles/
    Most (if not all) 2D animated scenes have a video uploaded so you can see how it'd look when active.

And if anyone else is making similar stuff, I'd love to know! Or if anyone has any requests, more than welcome to try to oblige.

Cheers.

Nornúan

Bumping this thread to add my latest and probably last animated wallpaper. It's been fun while it lasted

This is my only audio-responsive one, prior to it I had made a mouse-responsive one (Second Hall).

https://youtu.be/dMVfTx3hKVU

I saw this for the first time now - how do I use this? I don't find a download button anywhere?
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

I happen to use Wallpaper Engine too for my desktop. It's a thing you need to purchase through one of several game stores where it is available for a few bucks. It's a nice program imo and is mostly user generated wallpaper content. I've had this idea to mess around with creation as well but have never really gotten to it.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I happen to use Wallpaper Engine too for my desktop. It's a thing you need to purchase through one of several game stores where it is available for a few bucks. It's a nice program imo and is mostly user generated wallpaper content. I've had this idea to mess around with creation as well but have never really gotten to it.
    Thank you for the reply! I'll have to look for it then.
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

Quote Originally Posted by Gildoriel View Post
    I saw this for the first time now - how do I use this? I don't find a download button anywhere?
    Like Cord said, you need Wallpaper Engine. I use it through Steam so everything I share is done through the Steam Workshop - you can either browse the database or if you have an individual link, you only need to hit the Subscribe button (that will add the wallpaper to your collection, free of charge).

Here's the link to all the ones I've made: https://steamcommunity.com/id/eiskon.../?appid=431960