We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Counter Fear - Caras Tilion

Any suggestions on how to counter the constant fear melee characters have to deal with in Caras Tilion? Level 121, I have moderate barter gear and jewelry from Mordor, no additional essences loaded (don't see the point since it's basically going away). The first trip through everything was ok until the instance. Now I can't even make it to the instance. The constant fear effects are reducing morale by at least 1,500 per tick and probably more. There isn't any destiny that helps, there doesn't appear to be any armour or jewelry that helps, there doesn't appear to be any food that helps, and burgs don't have any range attack of any real significance.

If the only response you have it get better gear, don't bother to respond. As far as I'm concerned that is a cop out response. As a level 121 toon I'm six levels above everything in Caras Tilion and it should be a cake walk even with my current gear.
    Last edited by Tawel; Sep 28 2021 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawel View Post
    Any suggestions on how to counter the constant fear melee characters have to deal with in Caras Tilion? Level 121, I have moderate barter gear and jewelry from Mordor, no additional essences loaded (don't see the point since it's basically going away). The first trip through everything was ok until the instance. Now I can't even make it to the instance. The constant fear effects are reducing morale by at least 1,500 per tick and probably more. There isn't any destiny that helps, there doesn't appear to be any armour or jewelry that helps, there doesn't appear to be any food that helps, and burgs don't have any range attack of any real significance.

If the only response you have it get better gear, don't bother to respond. As far as I'm concerned that is a cop out response. As a level 121 toon I'm six levels above everything in Caras Tilion and it should be a cake walk even with my current gear.
    Where did you hear/read essences were going away? The Legendary system is undergoing some big changes, but I haven't heard anything about essences going away (plus, investing in LoE essences would just be an epic fail).

In any event, go back to Ruins of Dingarth, there is gear that is motes baterable that offers +14 LoE (as I recall). I think the cost is 70 motes per piece, when you disenchant you get 40 of those back (practically a cheap rental). That will give you more than enough LoE for Caras Tillion.
    Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // Akthuri r15 LM // Vishus r5 Captain // Curad r11 Mini < RETIRED // ACTIVE > Ursamajor Beorn // Babayaga LM // Kleptomania Burg // (Anor)

Quote Originally Posted by Tawel View Post

Fear pots? I found the area tough, also, if you can, bring a friend. Otherwise, you may just want to wait a level or two.

Doesn’t Burglar’s Antidote work?