We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Post Hunter damage output feedback on 4ht BR build

Hello BR forum, players and devs alike, I've decided to make three posts concerning Hunter and Burglar on the latest build on Bullroarer.
    This post focuses on the Hunter damage output on the 4th BR build and compliments my other post about Hunter traceries on the 4th BR build, so check that out as well!

BR Build4 Red Hunter dps

Above is a parse I did on Friday's BR build with only self buffs and no portent used.
    The amount of skills used has decreased a lot and the complexity of the skill utilization has gone down as well if you want to do top dps.
    This makes the class even more boring and miserable to play,
    when all you do is use Quick Shot whenever you don't need to refresh your Penetrating Shot debuff, use Upshot and Heart Seeker off cooldown, use Burn Hot at the appropriate time or using Swift-Bow.
    Barbed Arrow, Blood Arrow, Exsanguinate and Split Shot adds complexity to the rotation and makes Hunter dps one of the hardest dps classes to master.

Now the biggest contributor to dumbing down the red Hunter rotation is the lack of damage in Focus Bow Skills, Blood Arrow and Split Shot would be brought back into the rotation and
    some solitary buffs to make Merciful Shot a worth while Focus Bow skill to use would only deepen the complexity of Red Hunter rotation and it would be a great addition to the arsenal of Bow Skills to use.

The other contributor on BR that dumbed down the complexity is the removal of the Hunter Damage over Time legacy and not being compensated for in the DoT damage of Barbed Arrow and Exsanguinate.
    Only making these two DoT effects do more damage would add three skills more into the BR B4 rotation, these being Barbed Arrow, Exsanguinate and Blood Arrow,
    since you need to use Blood Arrow prior to Exsanguinate to be able to use the skill.

Possible solutions for this issue:

Solution 1
    Straight up nerf the damage of Quick Shot about 50% from 41k-67k tooltip to 21k-30k tooltip
    Move HS DoT from 45k to 60k tooltip, Barbed Arrow from 28k to 35k tooltip and Exsanguinate from 32k to 45k tooltip.
    Give Merciful Shot more base damage from 109k-184k to 150k-220k

Solution 2
    Nerf Heart Seeker cast damage and buff Upshot damage to be more closer to each other HS from 282k-425k to 250k-375k and Upshot max focus damage from 190k-319k to 240k-350k
    Option 1 Make Split Shot not have an induction and give +2 focus to cost to make it 4 cost
    Option 2 Polish up Rain of Arrows and Split Shot animations to give a more smooth feeling, they have a weird delay after you have cast them to make the rotation flow a lot better.
    Give Merciful Shot more base damage from 109k-184k to 150k-220k

On the note of Merciful Shot, the skill could ramp up in Critical Strike and Devastate Chance based on the targets %missing morale and capping to something like 20% Crit and 10% Dev at like 20-30% morale.

Concerning Hunter damage compared to other classes is saddening to see, classes such as Champion, red Burglar and Rune-keeper can't keep up with the damage numbers of a red Hunter, Warden and red Guardian even.
    When I talk about increasing the damage of certain skills, I'm talking about damage compared to other skills of the class.
    I do not want to have only one or two dps classes dominating the scene, I want every dps focused class to be as viable as the others.

That is all I have on Hunter damage output. Thank you for reading and check out my other posts about Hunter traceries and Burglar on the 4th BR build!

Quote Originally Posted by Lakesider View Post
    The other contributor on BR that dumbed down the complexity is the removal of the Hunter Damage over Time legacy and not being compensated for in the DoT damage of Barbed Arrow and Exsanguinate.
    Only making these two DoT effects do more damage would add three skills more into the BR B4 rotation, these being Barbed Arrow, Exsanguinate and Blood Arrow,
    since you need to use Blood Arrow prior to Exsanguinate to be able to use the skill.[/B]
    Hmm... didn't the class specific Damage Over Time effects get rolled into the Word of Power generic ones? Like so:

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    Hmm... didn't the class specific Damage Over Time effects get rolled into the Word of Power generic ones?

Yes and I think he is stating how that legacy is still 30% less than live. Hunter bleed dmg only went up by roughly 3,000 this includes Heart seeker bleeds, while other skills scaled much more accurately for level 140 weapon damage.

In short Hunter bleeds did not scale or haven't been compensated from the loss in bleed dmg legacy and it made using dots not worth which in turn made the rotation simpler.

They are not enough

[QUOTE=ChromiteSwiftpaw;8094974]Hmm... didn't the class specific Damage Over Time effects get rolled into the Word of Power generic ones?

Yea, they did that. Sadly it was not enough and also, my bad I forgot to add my Legendary Item build, sorry!