We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Burg aim skill does not guarantee crit on next skill

I just created a bug report for this at https://help.standingstonegames.com/...s/requests/new. However, I can't find a mechanism to follow the status of a submitted bug. So I am also making this forum thread.

The "aim" skill has been broken since build 1 of the 30.3 bullroarer previews. This is something that should be fixed before 30.3 goes live.

Master of war and brutal charge autocrit are also broken. This has been reported several times @SSG

Thanks, we're planning to work on this this week. Probs not gonna make it into the BR, but hopefully in the 30.3 patch next week.

It would be fascinating to understand how and why stuff like this just randomly breaks.
    Dagoreth (Warden) and Belechannas (Lore-master) of Arkenstone

< No Dorfs >
    Fighting the Dorf menace to Middle Earth since 2008

Quote Originally Posted by LagunaD2 View Post
    It would be fascinating to understand how and why stuff like this just randomly breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Raninia View Post
    Thanks, we're planning to work on this this week. Probs not gonna make it into the BR, but hopefully in the 30.3 patch next week.
    And class balance?

Quote Originally Posted by Nubja View Post
    And class balance?
    We've been working on it off and on for several BRs. We know we're not done. I'm quite confident I said that we wouldn't be done after 30.3 has released, and I'll reiterate it here - we will continue with class balance changes for the next several months, at least, unless we somehow nail it early.

I get you're frustrated that you're not getting the thing you want. I get you don't want to be patient and you don't trust us to do our jobs well. Or maybe you just enjoy stirring the pot and/or trolling. Maybe all of the above, even. So I encourage you to take a break, go for a walk, play something else, and come back when you're feeling a little less on edge about all this.

Like I said above, we'll keep working on this. Any additional specific information you or any other player can provide is always appreciated, so we can better understand what to focus our time on. I can't promise that our priorities will ever fully align with yours, but I can promise that we also value class balance, which is why we spent time on it for 30 and will continue doing so moving forward.

We've been working on it off and on for several BRs. We know we're not done. I'm quite confident I said that we wouldn't be done after 30.3 has released, and I'll reiterate it here - we will continue with class balance changes for the next several months, at least, unless we somehow nail it early.

I get you're frustrated that you're not getting the thing you want. I get you don't want to be patient and you don't trust us to do our jobs well. Or maybe you just enjoy stirring the pot and/or trolling. Maybe all of the above, even. So I encourage you to take a break, go for a walk, play something else, and come back when you're feeling a little less on edge about all this.

Like I said above, we'll keep working on this. Any additional specific information you or any other player can provide is always appreciated, so we can better understand what to focus our time on. I can't promise that our priorities will ever fully align with yours, but I can promise that we also value class balance, which is why we spent time on it for 30 and will continue doing so moving forward.
    I'm allergic to grass.

I've played this game a long time and balance work has always been handled poorly. For a very recent example I refer you back to when remmorchant was much newer and yellow RK was FOTM due to a bug with fate increasing crit mag. Not only was the bug fixed but the class was devastated by an ill-thought out nerf to the cooldown of ceaseless which broke the rotation completely. Yellow RK has still not recovered from that. The removal of the crit mag legacy from champions (which is a good thing but it NEEDED a damage bump to the class to make up for it) is eerily similar to the non-thinking done with YRK.

Trust needs to be earned, it's not owed.

With all this talk about new producers and better communication etc. etc. i'd hoped for something like the LI rework to go live with more thinking done about the balance given that there is a new raid still being progressed by a lot of people. They're gonna have to regrind LIs and redo their comp.

Any additional specific information you or any other player can provide is always appreciated, so we can better understand what to focus our time on.
    There are so many players that can provide help with this but you gotta be more specific with what you want. Until yesterday we had no idea if the new LIs should be doing equivalent to live or more than live; now we know it's meant to be a "slight increase" but not a single class has that! It's either significantly higher, the same, or worse. We've given parses, we've called out issues with specific traceries (for example sprint duration, muster courage) but by and large this feels like it falls on deaf ears. We rarely see this go anywhere and changes that are just not good for anyone go ahead despite outcry.

9. Oct 07 2021, 03:23 PM

Reason
    Delete Message

Quote Originally Posted by Nubja View Post
    And class balance?
    So I encourage you to take a break, ..... play something else.
    B r u h. How is this a response? Are you trying to drive off your player base?

This is pretty telling. Nubja has been providing feedback, seeking answers, and looking for some kind path forward to play his main character in the next bulk of content. Is the new SSG precedent really, "If your class gets demolished by changes, after all your investment, just come back, and maybe we can get it right next release."

I mean, of course, it is. It's not new. Let's remember RK between Fate Nerf and Fire Buff, Guard before Break Ranks, and Hunter/Champ before Fate change. Well, now it's written.

Is the solution to prioritize another class while yours is left behind, some kind of Brawler marketing campaign? Wait. The virtue grind is extremely pricey and time-consuming.... and the instances don't allow for alt looting anymore. GG all, start from scratch every time half-written release notes are available.