We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Legendary servers = classic servers?

My google-fu has been pretty weak this morning and I haven't found any solid answers to how the actual experience is on the Legendary servers. I get that they release expansions in a certain timeline, but I'm wondering about how the game is actually played compared to regular servers. Are the Legendary servers complete Classic revamps, from the old tradeskill system to very limited classes and races, etc? Or does it include (what) features of the modern game? If anyone could point me in the right direction here, the wikis have been very lacking for this kind of description. Also, I'd appreciate it if anyone could confirm whether or not the Stone of the Tortoise is available?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheir View Post
    My google-fu has been pretty weak this morning and I haven't found any solid answers to how the actual experience is on the Legendary servers. I get that they release expansions in a certain timeline, but I'm wondering about how the game is actually played compared to regular servers. Are the Legendary servers complete Classic revamps, from the old tradeskill system to very limited classes and races, etc? Or does it include (what) features of the modern game? If anyone could point me in the right direction here, the wikis have been very lacking for this kind of description. Also, I'd appreciate it if anyone could confirm whether or not the Stone of the Tortoise is available?
    The actual gameplay reflects today's version, pretty much. You progress a bit more slowly as XP is nerfed a little. Stone of the Tortoise is always available in the store; it's called something else, "Experience disabler"? I've enjoyed my time on Anor...have not rolled toons on Shadowfax/Treebeard but I understand that they add in extra difficulty levels.

No, they are not “classic” in that way. Yes Tortoise Stone is available for 100 LP.

Thank you for the answers, so far. Turns out that I should have limited my searching to the main site here. There's a pretty good faq about most of these questions. Looking forward to restarting fresh on Treebeard now.

Thank you for the answers, so far. Turns out that I should have limited my searching to the main site here. There's a pretty good faq about most of these questions. Looking forward to restarting fresh on Treebeard now.
    Another factor if you do play on Treebeard is that Shadowfax & Treebeard have the Landscape Difficulty on these Servers.

Landscape Difficulty allows the Player per Character to select the Difficulty of how hard the Landscape Content is. This ranges from the Default Game Difficulty up to Deadly +6 the Hardest Landscape Difficulty LOTRO offers. So if you are a Player who enjoys a larger challenge from the largest part of the game you can try such and find what Difficulty works best or just play on said Server with the Default Difficulty.

Here later in 2021 or possibly early 2022 Treebeard (SSG stated it would be 5 to 6 months for when Treebeard gets Content Gated which at 5 Months is Nov/Dec and 6 months is Dec 2021/Jan 2022) will also get the New Legendary Item System once the Mines of Moria Expansion Content is opened for said Server to play through.