We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Landscape Difficulty Details?

I'm hoping to try some of the harder difficulty settings out, firstly, as a blue-line guardian. From the very little bit of information that I've seen available, what actually happens is that the character in question gets debuffed. If the information that I've come across is accurate, I should take anywhere from 300% to 900% more damage from enemies in Deadly to Deadly+6 settings. With the main debuff active, some of the enemies will, also, have extra abilities that they'll use against me. I'll also be doing significantly less damage, though I haven't seen any exact details for this yet. Finally, in the Deadly through Deadly+6 settings, there's a secondary debuff that will occasionally trigger, when I kill mobs, that will cast area-effect shadow damage.

300% extra damage sounds within reason, but I'm wondering if there are, currently, any extra perks for going above and beyond Deadly. I imagine that I'd have to burn through consumables very constantly at Deadly+6 and be equipped in some very serious gear. Can anyone share some details on how they're handling soloing Deadly+6, starting from 10th level, please? If I select Deadly+6 to really push myself, can I back down to a lesser Deadly level without penalty? Are the few details that I've mentioned above all correct?

There is no additional reward for Deadly +1-6. If you are at least Deadly, you get the best title when you go from 11-50 without going below Deadly. The +1 and up is just for extra challenge.

I'm playing on Deadly 6, mainly as a challenge/experiment to see if it's possible. It is, but it's extremely difficult and I die ALL THE TIME. There's a lot of regrouping, figuring out which enemies I can kill for my current quests, etc.

Yes, player damage is extremely nerfed, and enemy damage is extremely buffed. In addition, there are three different Corruptions that will appear on enemies pretty often. They look like a red, blue, or yellow Eye of Sauron and it makes a special noise when they appear. These make the enemies nearly godlike, so you have to be quick with skills that remove corruptions just so you have a chance at survival. Also, there's the infamous "Eye of Sauron nuke" which will randomly blast the player if you stay in the red target-area.

Survival and success always seem to come down to these tactics:
    -Keep moving as you fight (avoids Eye nuke)
    -Be ready to remove corruptions as soon as they appear
    -Keep an eye on your minimap (backing into a second enemy = death)
    -Be ready to skip quests or leave them behind to do them later.

Note that most solo instances do NOT use these mechanics. Otherwise they would be impossible.

Thank you for the details! Has the program been a success where they'll eventually carry it over to more servers? Or have they made it very clear that it will only be available for two servers?