We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

A bit of an unorthodox playstyle question

A bit of an unorthodox playstyle question regarding Beorning builds.

I really don't want to play as a bear.

"Well then why are you playing a Beorning?"

Because I really like the idea of a DW class, (I don't like, and won't use, 2H... just a preference thing in any MMO), that wears heavy armor, and can heal himself or others... the travel speed increase of Wanderlust is a bonus, even if it does have to be in bear form, lol.

Yes, aside from the heal & and fast travel, (somewhat negated by mounts), that's essentially a Champion. True, but it's the healing for survivability that factors in greatly, plus the ability to fulfill all 3 roles to one extent or another that put Beorning > Champion to me.

So... for solo, overland/questing, can you recommend a build/tree that requires the least usage of bear form, (if there is such a thing), please?

For grouping ya do what da group needs. "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." So, I'll "bear it when necessary for the group." UGH... that even made me vomit a bit, lol.

Thank you.
    Yours in Friendship, Brotherhood, and Honor,
    Turaldur, Wandering Captain & NoOb Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by Rinwen View Post

I really don't want to play as a bear.

"Well then why are you playing a Beorning?"

Because I really like the idea of a DW class, (I don't like, and won't use, 2H... just a preference thing in any MMO), that wears heavy armor, and can heal himself or others... the travel speed increase of Wanderlust is a bonus, even if it does have to be in bear form, lol.

Yes, aside from the heal & and fast travel, (somewhat negated by mounts), that's essentially a Champion. True, but it's the healing for survivability that factors in greatly, plus the ability to fulfill all 3 roles to one extent or another that put Beorning > Champion to me.

So... for solo, overland/questing, can you recommend a build/tree that requires the least usage of bear form, (if there is such a thing), please?

For grouping ya do what da group needs. "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." So, I'll "bear it when necessary for the group." UGH... that even made me vomit a bit, lol.

Thank you.
    +Cord of the Rings & Producer Raninia Reddit Q&A Friday Stream Summary August 20th, 2021

"What are the future intentions for Class Balance? - Producer Raninia Answer: Our goal again is those two things first to make sure Players can play through Landscape with whatever Class & Trait Tree Combination they want and then on the high level content every Class has 1 Trait Line that works there. Once we feel like we have that in a better place that's when we are going to want to go through some of these other Trait Lines that have been left behind a bit more and get them up to snuff."

With Brawler there are 10 classes, so that's 10 guaranteed template builds for end-game. Beyond that, " Better Place", it's an uncertain matter with an indefinite timeline as to when and if any forgotten trees will see end-game attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Loox View Post
    +Cord of the Rings & Producer Raninia Reddit Q&A Friday Stream Summary August 20th, 2021

"What are the future intentions for Class Balance? - Producer Raninia Answer: Our goal again is those two things first to make sure Players can play through Landscape with whatever Class & Trait Tree Combination they want and then on the high level content every Class has 1 Trait Line that works there. Once we feel like we have that in a better place that's when we are going to want to go through some of these other Trait Lines that have been left behind a bit more and get them up to snuff."

With Brawler there are 10 classes, so that's 10 guaranteed template builds for end-game. Beyond that, " Better Place", it's an uncertain matter with an indefinite timeline as to when and if any forgotten trees will see end-game attention.
    11 Classes. But Brawler still has no endgame template.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinwen View Post

I, too, mostly play my Beorning as a man. In my case, it's mostly because the bear form has a very minimal but still annoying run-speed boost which makes playing with other non-bear characters annoying to me.

I found yellow line to be pretty effective for solo/duo landscape questing. The first 20 levels or so, I relied on bear-forms heals pretty heavily, but after that I've been able to play mostly in man-form and just go into bear-form for the occasional heal. Once I got high enough level to have extra trait points, I put several into vitality from the blue line for added survivability, and then into anything that boosted damage out of the red line. At some point (I think it's in blue line) you'll get a trait that lets your man-form heal regenerate wrath, and once I unlocked that, I had a good excuse to heal mostly in man-form. Of course, I don't actually run group end-game content, (my computer is old and doesn't handle having that many other players around well) so depending on what you want to do, ymmv.
    Well, I suppose you could always say "flame resistant sunglasses" if you prefer that to "shoes"