We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Light Damage Tracerie

Captain does not have a Tracerie for Light Damage. Old Legacy gave ~ 87% Light Damage. Add the appropriate Tracerie.

I'm having the same issue, and am trying to find some way to replace the Light Damage legacy I had on my lvl 67 Captain. At the moment, it looks like the only Light Damage tracery that can be slotted, is for the Word of Craft slot- "Ascendent Light"- and it doesn't even grant Light Damage directly, it's only as a set bonus. If you have 2 or more Ascendent traceries, it says you get a 15% Light Damage bonus, but at lvl 67, I only have one Word of Craft slot available, meaning I cannot make a set bonus. Without the set bonus, all you get from the Ascendent Light tracery is a Critical Rating bonus.

While the Crit Rating bonus is certainly useful to me also, my understanding has always been that Light Damage is particularly strong against specific enemy types, just like Ancient Dwarf Damage, Westernesse Damage, etc. And I had my Light Damage legacy for that specific purpose. But now, there seems to be nothing to replace it with?

If the devs are intending to make these enemy-specific Damage Types all obsolete, then I guess that's up to them, but I feel like it takes a bit of the flavor out of the game if you can't tailor your weapon to be most effective against the mobs you fight the most often, or the mobs who give you the most trouble in combat, or the mobs who your character needs it against for RP purposes, whether you are into heavy RP or even if you just have your own backstory about your character in your head. (for example, you could imagine your character as hating spiders, or being afraid of the dead, or something like that, and wanting to have a weapon that's intended for fighting them.) At the very least, I'd like to see some better clarification on this from the devs; I'm still trying to navigate this new LI system very gingerly, as it's kind of a lot to take in all at once after years of being used to a very different LI system.

Quote Originally Posted by Natkin View Post
    I'm having the same issue, and am trying to find some way to replace the Light Damage legacy I had on my lvl 67 Captain. At the moment, it looks like the only Light Damage tracery that can be slotted, is for the Word of Craft slot- "Ascendent Light"- and it doesn't even grant Light Damage directly, it's only as a set bonus. If you have 2 or more Ascendent traceries, it says you get a 15% Light Damage bonus, but at lvl 67, I only have one Word of Craft slot available, meaning I cannot make a set bonus. Without the set bonus, all you get from the Ascendent Light tracery is a Critical Rating bonus.

While the Crit Rating bonus is certainly useful to me also, my understanding has always been that Light Damage is particularly strong against specific enemy types, just like Ancient Dwarf Damage, Westernesse Damage, etc. And I had my Light Damage legacy for that specific purpose. But now, there seems to be nothing to replace it with?

If the devs are intending to make these enemy-specific Damage Types all obsolete, then I guess that's up to them, but I feel like it takes a bit of the flavor out of the game if you can't tailor your weapon to be most effective against the mobs you fight the most often, or the mobs who give you the most trouble in combat, or the mobs who your character needs it against for RP purposes, whether you are into heavy RP or even if you just have your own backstory about your character in your head. (for example, you could imagine your character as hating spiders, or being afraid of the dead, or something like that, and wanting to have a weapon that's intended for fighting them.) At the very least, I'd like to see some better clarification on this from the devs; I'm still trying to navigate this new LI system very gingerly, as it's kind of a lot to take in all at once after years of being used to a very different LI system.
    Hello, unless I misunderstood your post, I'm able to use the Ascendant Light set bonus as a level 60 captain. I have used two of them - one on my sword and another on my symbol. I remember being able to use this bonus as low as level 50. According to wiki, we'll get one more slot for each weapon at level 111, and above which will allow us to reach the four piece set bonus. I'm looking forward to ways to customize our weapons more. While I find current weapons strong for low level content even with less Light damage increase from legacies/traceries, I'd be in favour of high Light damage increase source if damage is too bad at high levels. It would unfortunately make low levels even easier unless they can adjust it for certain level ranges. Of course, it's not just Light damage tracery - most traceries have very high percentage increases. No need to derail further. I hope you can slot the second tracery.
    Last edited by professorcat12; Jan 02 2022 at 07:43 PM.