We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Waden landscape and large pulls

With the new LIs, landscape is not nearly as excruciating as it used to be - but, I suspect, mostly because of the stat creep from the new LIs, and the inc/out healing traceries help quite a bit. The other kicker is the max targets tracery.

I'm a fairly determined landscape/soloer. There's very little point to me tanking as a Warden, and hasn't been since 85 cap. Pre-new LIs, Minas Morgul mobs (slightly over level) were overwhelming my healing quite handily - but now, I can hang in there with heals, and even do some old-style Warden mob collection antics with on-level and even above-level mobs. Just looking over the actual numbers: I'm getting 28,741 initial heals for the entirety of the Blue heal chain, with 31,183/3s from the HoT pulses for the 18s duration (ignoring the extra Safeguard pulse). That's slightly underwhelming, but seems to still be better than it used to be under the old system with similar equipment. For the FR chain, I'm getting 23,798 initial heals/target (including Resolution) and 7194/4s/target for 24s - all for up to 12 targets w/the appropriate tracery. That last makes it more tempting to go for *large* pulls - but also makes it riskier for lag spikes - you're looking at 86,328/4s ticks on FR/EoB with 12 targets - but with a whopping 285,576 initial heal from triggering the whole chain on those same 12 targets. I'm sitting at just under 182k morale at 123 (using quest reward armor/jewelry), so healing for nearly twice your morale pool feels a good bit like old school Wadening, doesn't it? Of course, you're rarely going to actually have 12 targets unless you're really trying hard, but then you also don't have 12 targets whaling on you, either.

Now, before anyone gets too excited or nerfhappy - I specifically aimed my LI traceries toward as much incoming healing and outgoing healing as possible. My damage traceries are trash, as I run almost exclusively blue, and always have. I have incoming heal bonus (which has modifer as well as rating), gambit lifetap damage and conviction damage (both for the incoming healing rating), and shield gambit line healing. I also have area effect (which, importantly, has the tactical mastery bonus as well), healing over time, perfect recovery, and perfect healing on the jav. My incoming healing tops 122k, and my outgoing healing tops 90k - because you're not only receiving heals, you're casting them.

While it's obvious that I'm comparatively squishier as a tank than I used to be back in the day, and I find the lack of a threat system to be more than a little annoying - I actually think that we're back in the ballpark for mass mob handling. Provided we set up expressly for incoming/outgoing healing. If someone has some comparison numbers, I'd be interested to see them; but I just thought I'd point this out for discussion, since I went to the effort of setting up expressly for large pulls - and since I know others of you enjoy similar tastes in gameplay.
    Points Peasant. | Dissent | If you're bored, pull more mobs. - geoboy | I'm a wild-eyed spear-wielding, javelin throwing, shield-bashing, blood-curdled screaming, melee dervish tank. I like it. Hearts are for pansies. I'd like some cooky dough.

Quote Originally Posted by RazorsKiss View Post
    With the new LIs, landscape is not nearly as excruciating as it used to be - but, I suspect, mostly because of the stat creep from the new LIs, and the inc/out healing traceries help quite a bit. The other kicker is the max targets tracery.

I'm a fairly determined landscape/soloer. There's very little point to me tanking as a Warden, and hasn't been since 85 cap. Pre-new LIs, Minas Morgul mobs (slightly over level) were overwhelming my healing quite handily - but now, I can hang in there with heals, and even do some old-style Warden mob collection antics with on-level and even above-level mobs. Just looking over the actual numbers: I'm getting 28,741 initial heals for the entirety of the Blue heal chain, with 31,183/3s from the HoT pulses for the 18s duration (ignoring the extra Safeguard pulse). That's slightly underwhelming, but seems to still be better than it used to be under the old system with similar equipment. For the FR chain, I'm getting 23,798 initial heals/target (including Resolution) and 7194/4s/target for 24s - all for up to 12 targets w/the appropriate tracery. That last makes it more tempting to go for *large* pulls - but also makes it riskier for lag spikes - you're looking at 86,328/4s ticks on FR/EoB with 12 targets - but with a whopping 285,576 initial heal from triggering the whole chain on those same 12 targets. I'm sitting at just under 182k morale at 123 (using quest reward armor/jewelry), so healing for nearly twice your morale pool feels a good bit like old school Wadening, doesn't it? Of course, you're rarely going to actually have 12 targets unless you're really trying hard, but then you also don't have 12 targets whaling on you, either.

Now, before anyone gets too excited or nerfhappy - I specifically aimed my LI traceries toward as much incoming healing and outgoing healing as possible. My damage traceries are trash, as I run almost exclusively blue, and always have. I have incoming heal bonus (which has modifer as well as rating), gambit lifetap damage and conviction damage (both for the incoming healing rating), and shield gambit line healing. I also have area effect (which, importantly, has the tactical mastery bonus as well), healing over time, perfect recovery, and perfect healing on the jav. My incoming healing tops 122k, and my outgoing healing tops 90k - because you're not only receiving heals, you're casting them.

While it's obvious that I'm comparatively squishier as a tank than I used to be back in the day, and I find the lack of a threat system to be more than a little annoying - I actually think that we're back in the ballpark for mass mob handling. Provided we set up expressly for incoming/outgoing healing. If someone has some comparison numbers, I'd be interested to see them; but I just thought I'd point this out for discussion, since I went to the effort of setting up expressly for large pulls - and since I know others of you enjoy similar tastes in gameplay.

You don’t need to go so balls to the wall on healing to do large landscape pulls. I am currently levelling in Gundabad and I can pull as many mobs as I like (20+) and just use the morale taps every now and then. I don’t even use the shield spear line when soloing at the moment.

What I did was to make a BPE specific LI, so I evade a ridiculous amount when doing the War cry line.

So I get a 1% heal for each evade, and I also get a 10% heal from each evade every 20 seconds with the stalwart defender class essence.
    That’s enough healing when combined with the AoE heals and focussed BPE.

It’s like the old days of running through goblin town on level and pulling everything.

Sure, I don't need to. I just wanted to. As I said, I don't really do much else but mass pulls on landscape, and I am enjoying being able to use the morale taps more in line with their old school feel to them using this setup. It was just a post sharing my setup for folks who might like to do the same.
    Points Peasant. | Dissent | If you're bored, pull more mobs. - geoboy | I'm a wild-eyed spear-wielding, javelin throwing, shield-bashing, blood-curdled screaming, melee dervish tank. I like it. Hearts are for pansies. I'd like some cooky dough.

Sure, I don't need to. I just wanted to. As I said, I don't really do much else but mass pulls on landscape, and I am enjoying being able to use the morale taps more in line with their old school feel to them using this setup. It was just a post sharing my setup for folks who might like to do the same.
    Try this setup for fun with morale taps on landscape, you go yellow and pick up shattered javelin trait(with 50% barbed bleed and sieze the moment ofc). Then pull as much as you can and spam morale taps from ranged stance. This used to be way more fun before nerf but even now its viable on landscape(make sure to pick up + aoe targets tracery if you havent already).

That’s fair enough, play how you enjoy! I was following up in case you weren’t aware of the other options which would allow you to burn the large packs faster, if that’s what you wanted to do.

I’m having great fun with the mass pulls again

I was doing mass pulls even before the LI revamp without any problem. Removal of disarm effects is another factor making them easier now.

In Gundabad, I was pulling entire camps, tombs and floors with (almost) impunity. I died once in the story instance where you discover an old dorf being interrogated by Angmarim; I tried pulling everything and because I ducked around a corner in an attempt to force ranged mobs in, I didn't notice that a bunch of casters were chain-summoning ghosts outside of melee. Eventually there were dozens of ghosts spamming fear DoTs on top of all the regular mobs (I had three rows of debuffs under my vitals...). Started lagging and finally couldn't keep up with damage.

As William Blake famously said, you never know how much is enough until you know how much is more than enough...
    Dagoreth (Warden) and Belechannas (Lore-master) of Arkenstone

< No Dorfs >
    Fighting the Dorf menace to Middle Earth since 2008