We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Retired(ish) Player - Just Read the Expansion Patch Notes - No Changes to Warden?

Was really hoping for fixes to Warden's self-healing returning it to its former solo glory. I guess this isn't happening, or I'm missing something? Appreciate any insight.

With the new legendary item system, javelins have a tactical healing rating like Minstrel and LM books, RK bags, Captain emblems and Beorning carvings. That means our heals should increase with level as fast as all the main- and off-healing classes' abilities do. And this is true from 130 -> 140 (22.5% increase for all).

Currently we can heal for a maximum of about 25-30K HPS on a single target, with a dedicated healing rotation.

It is claimed (I have no evidence to the contrary, but haven't tested it myself) that every other tank class (with the possible exception of LOLBrawlers) far outstrips our healing ability though.

Morale pools generally increase by more than 22.5% in a new expansion, so classes that have self-heals based on a % of morale would move further ahead of us.

Since Gundabad is being released without ANY testing of the itemization or final stat budgets, we won't know until the paid beta test on the live servers starts tomorrow.
    Dagoreth (Warden) and Belechannas (Lore-master) of Arkenstone

< No Dorfs >
    Fighting the Dorf menace to Middle Earth since 2008

Quote Originally Posted by LagunaD2 View Post
    Since Gundabad is being released without ANY testing of the itemization or final stat budgets, we won't know until the paid beta test on the live servers starts tomorrow.
    Full LI system isn't out till the week after too.

I've submitted a few bugs last few days to hopefully highlight to the dev team. Will try to make a post in a weeks time highlighting all the bugs I've found on warden.

A tool-tip for Warden Agility still states it gives tactical mastery. This would great increase our healing.

Moral taps scaling is really odd...
    - They do not scale on any stats at all.
    - The +% Shield+Spear healing tracery does increase the healing... Ignore that moral taps are Fist+Spear & Spear+Fist...
    - Before you think it's being buffed from Inc-Healing on traceries, heal from conviction DOES NOT buff it.
    - It DOES NOT get any bonus from any Healing Tracery (Single target heal, Heal over time...)
    - +25% healing potency on the blue line effects the healing
    - The first +moral tap DAMAGE 'Trill of battle' in the blue set bonuses does increase the heal
    - The +Moral damage ' On the Offence' in the red line DOES NOT increase the heal
    - The final +moral tap DAMAGE 'Fear no darkness' in the blue line does increase the heal
    After that I'm unsure. There may be set bonuses that increase shield+spear healing that effects the moral taps. Each moral tap damage will need to be tested individually.

The tactical healing rating on legendary items is not scaling right. Some class items are getting an extreme amount of inc-healing. Then tactical damage bonuses are tiny. And then
    Level 140: Burg, Captain, Guard, Brawler, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Champ, Warden, Rune-Keeper, Beorning

Quote Originally Posted by LagunaD2 View Post
    With the new legendary item system, javelins have a tactical healing rating like Minstrel and LM books, RK bags, Captain emblems and Beorning carvings. That means our heals should increase with level as fast as all the main- and off-healing classes' abilities do. And this is true from 130 -> 140 (22.5% increase for all).

Currently we can heal for a maximum of about 25-30K HPS on a single target, with a dedicated healing rotation.

It is claimed (I have no evidence to the contrary, but haven't tested it myself) that every other tank class (with the possible exception of LOLBrawlers) far outstrips our healing ability though.

Morale pools generally increase by more than 22.5% in a new expansion, so classes that have self-heals based on a % of morale would move further ahead of us.

Guardians catch a breath gives 38% max hp heal every ~35s with warchant. Warriors heart is 90% of max hp ever 90s. On demand when HP pools are around 1million
    Not sure on captain
    Champ has 35% hp heal on ~40s cd and a 50% max hp heal on 50s cd. On demand or just one button click.

Warden still heals for flat tiny bits of health and only after you invest masteries to do a dedicated 3 gambit rotation... Pretty bad and just checking out lotro wiki for skill detail says it all.
    The only way warden self healing even looks kind of average is if you build your character and go out of your way to make it look average.

They need to just give the warden hots a percent value if they want to keep up with the updated tanks. Like 1%, 2%, and 3% for the healing gambit line. thats 6% every 3 seconds... Only after you put in the work of all 3 gambits. This only equals 36% of max hp over it duration. The overall hps of the warden may end up higher than other classes but SSG needs to take into account that this healing is not controlled or on demand. The gambits must already be running to see an effect and then its a trickle over time. IMO this is a base requirement that needs to change on top of never surrender being a more consistent proc and not requiring such low hp.

Thanks for the numbers.

Including a Never Surrender proc on c/d (not realistic, but a best-case scenario in terms of HPS) would average to an additional ~13% of max health per minute.

Which is still quite small compared to other tank classes' self-healing.
    Dagoreth (Warden) and Belechannas (Lore-master) of Arkenstone

< No Dorfs >
    Fighting the Dorf menace to Middle Earth since 2008

Quote Originally Posted by bohbashum View Post

A tool-tip for Warden Agility still states it gives tactical mastery. This would great increase our healing.
    I don't know how much agi will a tank warden have in end game but usually outgoing healing rating is truly underwhelming even for healers, realistically you wouldn't be able to get more than 1/3 1/4 of tact mastery cap with main stat contribution, meaning outgoing healing would be much further from cap even. I don't think even in full end game gear the tactical mastery contribution to heal will be more than 5-10% effective healing, and that's me being optimistic.