We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Gundabad cooking - the fishing gridding

with the intrucduction of the new Gundabad cooking
    we have now have to grind a lot of fish for cooking
    where is the best place to get those craftable fishs so we can craft Freshwater Fish Plate with out spending hours apon hours fishing ?

Quote Originally Posted by krogano1 View Post
    where is the best place to get those craftable fishs so we can craft Freshwater Fish Plate with out spending hours apon hours fishing ?
    They seriously need to improve the catch rate of usable fish for cooking..I have been fishing for roughly 2 hours and have been able to catch around 20 usable fish.
    I have over 90 fishing and using a rare fishing pole I made years ago that has +5 fishing.

But to answer your question Evendim is a good place because you can catch trout which is usable.
    Good luck with this new grind.

so far on my server fish are posted for 10g for 5 fish...that's insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceph View Post
    They seriously need to improve the catch rate of usable fish for cooking..I have been fishing for roughly 2 hours and have been able to catch around 20 usable fish.
    I have over 90 fishing and using a rare fishing pole I made years ago that has +5 fishing.

But to answer your question Evendim is a good place because you can catch trout which is usable.
    Good luck with this new grind.

so far on my server fish are posted for 10g for 5 fish...that's insane.
    Agreed:

Playing since 2009, level 130 character, 200 fishing skill,+10 Fishing Rod 45 minutes spent fishing for +/-30 fish fillet. That is very onerous compared to other cooking items. I could likely have 2-300 or more of some other component in that amount of time.

Who was the genius that came up with this idea? The catch rate is far too low. This really puts a damper on game play. I'm actually quiet angry about this. It does nothing to enhance the game and instead makes it a burden. I get making some things challenging but with a high reward, but this is a vital part of game play. I paid for this ####. SMH.
    Last edited by lavender1934; Nov 13 2021 at 06:38 AM.

Lots of complaints, but

How many people reflect on the costs of other resources in the game.

Gundabad Skarn 250G for 100 units, with the chance to get a shard for 300G+

Gundabad level wood, same

Gundabad Hides at over 1G each.

The biggest complaint is the price of Fish in the AH. Compared to the above . . .

This is what happens when the people designing the game have no clue about how it actually plays.
    Dagoreth (Warden) and Belechannas (Lore-master) of Arkenstone

< No Dorfs >
    Fighting the Dorf menace to Middle Earth since 2008

Quote Originally Posted by krogano1 View Post

Caught 12 usable fish in 30 minutes last night in Suri-Kyla. Maxed fishing hobby with +10 rod, not sure that makes difference or not.

I'm so upset with fishing being mandatory now so that my cook can make the best food. I hate fishing, in real life, in this game, in ANY game I've ever played it's the very worst part of it for me. Now to not be able to craft food for my level because I HAVE TO do the thing I hate doing more than anything makes me very upset.

To HAVE TO fish and then get less than 50% of what I catch be actual, usable fish is a slap in the face. There are a total of 0 fish on the auction house right now on Landroval so I can't just buy them.

SSG could you look into this? I would be less upset if the drop rate for actual usable fish was higher. Maybe you could add an item like a fishing pond for housing where the only thing you can fish from it are cooking fish? Or a 'Cook's Fishing Rod' that only catches useable fish? It would make it bearable if it wasn't more than half trash coming off the fishing rod. Or put fillets on the supplier. Anything but the way things are now.

And if it was only the time spent fishing it would maybe also not be so bad, but there's more to it than that.

Have to catch the fish. Have to fillet the fish and somehow each fish only yields one fillet, two if you're lucky enough to crit. You can't use a crit item to ensure the crit. Have to farm the Gundabad vegetables, and process them into useable vegetables. Then you have to turn the vegetables into smoked stock. I'm not sure where gem berries come from but probably farming too? I got some of those on the AH. If you don't have any you also have to farm enough taters and process those. Then, finally, you can cook your items. It's SO incredibly time consuming already to be a cook but to force fishing for hours on us so that we can make some food is absolutely just terrible.
    Is it festival time yet?
    Carysta Littlefoot, Landroval

Cooking was very time consuming since ever and expensive or impossible ( except you have a farmer to deliver the stuff), but fishing now is really awful.

Maybe if we ask them nicely theyll sort this. If the fishing rate was decent and you could use any fish it may be ok. But it is not fun. Maybe put fish in the supplier. Then ppl who hate fishing can skip it, and ppl who wanna fish can still do it. Its like SSG hate us! What did we do? :'(

Yep to make a hobby now a requirement is a total milk for time. They are just adding stuff to slow people down as much as they can IDK why but they seem to think it will help.....IMO who ever came up with this should be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy123 View Post
    Yep to make a hobby now a requirement is a total milk for time. They are just adding stuff to slow people down as much as they can IDK why but they seem to think it will help.....IMO who ever came up with this should be fired.
    The person probably got a bonus

Lightbulb

I just use universal ingredients to cook those fishes fillets. Save me a lot of time.

Talking about cooking food, here is a idea about a new LOTRO food recipe that i suspect some here may like:

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    I just use universal ingredients to cook those fishes fillets.
    This right here is probably why they WON'T make changes... because they have the chance to earn $$ from people buying Universal Ingredients from the LOTRO Store.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihu View Post
    This right here is probably why they WON'T make changes... because they have the chance to earn $$ from people buying Universal Ingredients from the LOTRO Store.
    How dare they want to make a profit on this game! All the servers should be free, there should be no charge and you should get to 140 immediately after logging on. Do you have any clue whatsoever as to how businesses run? They need money to keep going. No one is forced to spend a penny on this game. If you don't like it, you should consider playing another game.

Not sure what everyone is complaining about. Fishing is easy and the catch rate of cook-able fish is good. I usually end up with enough to give myself, my level-cap alts, and my kin stacks (yes, stacks) of fish plates

Make sure you're using crit items when making fish fillets and fish plates

My favorite place to fish is Tol Fennas, the island off of Dol Amroth, Western Gondor

If you don't want to take the time (or are just too lazy) to fish/farm/cook I suggest a joining good kin or the Auction House
    Landroval - The Alliance kinship of The Alliance Gaming Community
    https://agc.gamerlaunch.com/
    “Take me with you. For laughs, for luck, for the unknown. Take me with you.” - Peter S. Beagle, The Last Unicorn

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Nihu View Post
    I choose to support the game development by buying 2 cheap universal ingredient crates that give me more packs per day withing all my alts, than i actually need, & im not sory for my investment. I enjoy playing this nice game & the devs deserve a payment like any worker on any company do. Everything in life that you may acquire, cost something!

Quote Originally Posted by Dervacus View Post
    Not sure what everyone is complaining about. Fishing is easy and the catch rate of cook-able fish is good. I usually end up with enough to give myself, my level-cap alts, and my kin stacks (yes, stacks) of fish plates

My favorite place to fish is Tol Fennas, the island off of Dol Amroth, Western Gondor

If you don't want to take the time (or are just too lazy) to fish/farm/cook I suggest a joining good kin or the Auction House
    Don't count me on those complaining. I agree that is very easy, just not my favorite activity. I do it when i actually need it during festivals or when waiting for something else to happen if casually near som body of water. On very rare ocasions to farm fush but it only take me a few minutes to catch enough suply for 2 weeks woryh of food.

Using crit items & going to hotspots (the game actually offer visible clues) is exactly what i do when im crafting for friends or kinmates once a month. Not on that island but a lot seems to bite at Belfalas that is where i like to lurk. Also the Gondorian pools & fountain house decos allow fishing, for the crafters that don't like to leave their home.
    Last edited by YamydeAragon; Sep 26 2022 at 05:58 PM.

I hate fishing, my toons are starving because I refuse to fish or pay in AH for them.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Steelfist View Post
    I hate fishing, my toons are starving because I refuse to fish or pay in AH for them.
    Most kinships display the Universal Ingredient crates at their kinship house & enable them to be usable by all kinmates, as part the basic kinship services.
    Last edited by YamydeAragon; Nov 02 2022 at 09:31 AM.

For the people that often fish, for crafting, quests or deeds, to kill spare time & in any random landscape location, there is a new simple plugin named: Fisherman. It allow swifter swapping of fishing rod vs weapons, access to the fishing skill & without need to have all the time open the fishing panel subtab nor occupy the regular limited quickslot spaces. You can download from this link: https://www.lotrointerface.com/downl...Fisherman.html .

Another plugin for the people that want to go more in deep fishing is FishingHelper https://www.lotrointerface.com/downl...ingHelper.html .
    Last edited by YamydeAragon; Nov 02 2022 at 10:09 AM.

It's a awesome idea but could use some additions

Actually I love the idea of fishing for food and it's not the only food. Nine Star works fine but i get it, that it's not the actual best endgame food. Really I think all it needs is a Gundabad tier non fish required food and then for the extra special food the fish. Can't just not do something because some people hate fishing. Including the hobby in crafting is a great idea and I enjoy it. I don't actual fish for most of mine tho, i buy mine from a fish farmer in-game in bulk and more than happy to pay the price. I understand not everyone can afford it which is why there should have been 2 endgame foods with non fish being good enough and the fish kind for those that don't mind putting in the work or paying the price. Wouldn't mind some more ways to get the fish like nets or something. Anyways, awesome job with it being included and hope to see fish in recipes in the future

Quote Originally Posted by spanyard2 View Post
    Actually I love the idea of fishing for food and it's not the only food. Nine Star works fine but i get it, that it's not the actual best endgame food. Really I think all it needs is a Gundabad tier non fish required food and then for the extra special food the fish. Can't just not do something because some people hate fishing. Including the hobby in crafting is a great idea and I enjoy it. I don't actual fish for most of mine tho, i buy mine from a fish farmer in-game in bulk and more than happy to pay the price. I understand not everyone can afford it which is why there should have been 2 endgame foods with non fish being good enough and the fish kind for those that don't mind putting in the work or paying the price. Wouldn't mind some more ways to get the fish like nets or something. Anyways, awesome job with it being included and hope to see fish in recipes in the future
    Talking about new Gundabad tier cooking recipes, there are a few new improved versions of the trail foods, released with U35 update. They drop at the Return to Carn Dum instances & are bound to account, with option to trade with fellows that completed the instance with you, before the timer expire. I don't know yet if there is also some improved version of the fish recipe but i hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Dervacus View Post

Fishing is easy, but I must disagree with the rest. I have spent about an hour fishing so far this week and have come up with ONE cook-able fish. Availability on AH is very sparse, with 5 fish for 10 gold being a typical listing and only a couple of those available, if any. And I am the one in my kinship who is doing the cooking for the rest. I had a considerable stock of fish saved up over the years in the hopes that it would one day be of use. Now that day has come and my supply is nearly out after crafting 1 stack each for three people.

I keep looking for the "right" place to fish or clues about determining same, and I am finding that no one knows for sure. Several have recommended Suri-kyla, I spent 20 minutes fishing there last night and did not catch a single cook-able fish. The one cook-able fish I did catch was in Bywater, with my level-cap toon, and so the advice about "the right spot to fish for your level" seems to be outdated. I tried fishing in Bargstad in Gundabad, still came up empty handed, and discovered the hard way that not only is the fishing pole a very ineffective weapon, the game won't let you switch out once you have entered combat.

That said, I am off to Tol Fennas, ever the optimist.

[EDIT]: When I said "1 stack" I meant 50. While no fish are available at AH, the Freshwater Fish Plate can be had at a rate of 100 for 50gp. That is better than the rate for raw fish that I have seen, when they are available. Lastly, I had better luck just now, I caught 4 usable fish in 20 minutes at Thorin's Hall (level 140 toon with 60+ proficiency and lebrethon pole). Still, I do not consider 1 fish every 5 minutes as a good catch rate. Trying Tol Fennas now...

[UPDATE]: 1 hour fishing at Tol Fennas and not one single usable fish.
    Last edited by Mithronde; Apr 26 2023 at 03:05 PM.