We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Gundabad 3 man’s Bug List

I spent most of today clearing the new 3 man instances in tier 3 on various characters and here’s what I noticed:

Den of Pughlak:
    1. The most glaringly obvious bug is that if you wipe on Pughlak, you HAVE to reset the entire instance. If you make a second or third attempt after a wipe, the adds in the various “dreams” won’t spawn. This forces you to wait until the boss encounter times out and auto resets. The only way to counter this is to reset the entire instance and clear the first boss again.
    2. The boss CC needs to be changed to work with stun immunity. In some of the dream encounters, I.e. mad cow encounter, the tank is basically perma dazed with no way to use skill/quick reaction to outplay the mechanic.
    3. In the crawlers/roots encounter room, Pughlak knocks the tank to the ceiling every few seconds, causing various mobs(including Pughlak) to enter “Anti-Exploit” mode, preventing the group from doing anything until they move around enough to make the anti exploit mode deactivate.
    4. In the candles encounter room, the pathing of various candles is horrific. You’ll run around the corner to pull one, drag it to the middle of the room where Pughlak spawns, and they will path back to their initial spawn point for no apparent reason. Additionally, if you follow the candle for too long, Pughlak will enter “Anti-Exploit” mode and the encounter will reset after a few seconds. Another bug is that sometimes, the candles only spawn the first wave, making the fight bug out and reset.

Dhurstrok:
    1. No bugs that I have noticed.
    2. The Bat’s morale is 54 million, then splits into 28 x 2 for the second phase. This seems quite high compared to the other encounters and the fight takes about 8 minutes to complete at minimum, despite being a fairly trivial encounter. It took me 8 minutes to DPS on my Champion and about 9 minutes on my Warden. A few friends grouped with less geared/less skilled/more casual DPS’ers and it took them upwards of 15 minutes to complete.

Overall, other than the Bat boss having too much morale(IMO), Dhurstrok seems pretty well done and enjoyable to play. Pughlak, on the other hand, is a bit of a mess and definitely could use some hot fixes to make it more playable.

Dhurstrok:
    1. Bat boss sometime bugs and doesn't activate after phase 1, so you have to reset the fight (probably caused by phasing the boss to P2 during grey induction)
    2. If you miss the first part of the quest (find Nani or smth) and go directly to a troll boss and jump down to fight him, the fight will activate but boss will not spawn. After this If you try to reset the instance by leaving, only one person will be able to enter, so you need to reset the instance completely.
    Xolla

Quote Originally Posted by Fresuvi View Post
    2. The boss CC needs to be changed to work with stun immunity. In some of the dream encounters, I.e. mad cow encounter, the tank is basically perma dazed with no way to use skill/quick reaction to outplay the mechanic.
    Even without the bugs, this boss is the worst encounter I've ever endured in the game.

Not because it's difficult, but because the design (and the constant loss of control) is absolutely moronic.

It's like being a lone creep facing a half dozen LMs and Burglars trying to keep you locked down until the rest of the raid arrives to tag you...
    Dagoreth (Warden) and Belechannas (Lore-master) of Arkenstone

< No Dorfs >
    Fighting the Dorf menace to Middle Earth since 2008

More from Dhurstrok-

-The quest to complete the instance isn't advanced by completing the instance (many have said so already, just not in this list)

-The second boss (troll)'s chest doesn't always spawn when he's defeated.

Thanks folks, we're investigating these!

are you supposed to get something more after the Assault instance? I found Nain, the dwarf lady said oh no. then I get this: Completed:
    Assault on Dhúrstrok -- Solo
    and leave the instance, but there's nothing more of it, looked in Aslif. It just ends open-ended?
    "...None of us would join the Grey Company if we felt its errand was not important enough to brave those risks. For my part, I will not give in to fear of the unknown. We all have our role to play, and I hope only that when I have played mine, the world will have been better for my having been in it.

2. The Bat’s morale is 54 million, then splits into 28 x 2 for the second phase. This seems quite high compared to the other encounters and the fight takes about 8 minutes to complete at minimum, despite being a fairly trivial encounter. It took me 8 minutes to DPS on my Champion and about 9 minutes on my Warden. A few friends grouped with less geared/less skilled/more casual DPS’ers and it took them upwards of 15 minutes to complete.
    Couple of options here.

A - reduce morale by about half in both phases
    B- have phase one end at 50%+ morale
    C - reduce outgoing damage so 2 dps + healer is viable (may already be viable? Haven't leveled my dps or heals yet so idk)

Either way definitely needs to be shorter or it'll be skipped by most, even those that can complete it. Rewards just aren't worth the trouble atm.

Dhurstrok:
    1. No bugs that I have noticed.
    this. Morale for the bat only phase is too high. Also, its strange wwhen a fight is hardest in the middle and easiest during the end. When the goblin and bat are present the fight is challenging and fun ( nice design ). However, once the bat is killed its essentially a victory lap from there on in. The goblin should recieve some kind of buff once the bat dies so the last phase of the fight is not a forgone conclusion.

Additional to the other postings

Den of Pughlak:

First Boss Chest is available when killing the boss. The adds mechanic can be mostly ignored since you can jump again and again to finish adds and loot the chest.
    This does not seem to be correct.

Dhurstrok:

Really challenging one.
    Moralreduction from patch notes seems to be good.
    Questionable is what the change about the bond means.

The loot is not useful at all.
    All non purple ones are worse than what you get from quests/mobs (which is also almost nothing).
    Questionable is why the items mostly have offense and defence stats together on one item which is confusing.

Right now you can only finish T3 with full heal, full tank and full dd.
    Loremaster has no spot in here - I guess same for brawler.

At least this makes crafting more viable right now...

Someone told me you still can use this NPC from solo on T3. Is that true? I have not check it myself. But it would be embarrasing if it will slip 3rd time (after chambers and WoE/Ago) developers attention.

11. Nov 23 2021, 10:57 AM

Quote Originally Posted by TronGilrain View Post
    Someone told me ...

Yes. Its been reported since day 1 and they havnt fixed it... wholes kinships have been exploiting it and got all content from it by now.

However, delete your post. Sharing exploits is prohibited here even if SSG wont do anything. Dont get yourself banned over talking about it.

There are currently 5 exploits (3 in AoD and 2 in Pug) that break tye fights. Poor quality control unfortunately, but leaving them open is aweful.

Yes. I have reported them...
    Last edited by bohbashum; Nov 24 2021 at 03:59 AM.
    Level 140: Burg, Captain, Guard, Brawler, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Champ, Warden, Rune-Keeper, Beorning

Quote Originally Posted by MimDerZwerg View Post
    Dhurstrok:

Really challenging one.
    Moralreduction from patch notes seems to be good.
    Questionable is what the change about the bond means.

The loot is not useful at all.
    All non purple ones are worse than what you get from quests/mobs (which is also almost nothing).
    Questionable is why the items mostly have offense and defence stats together on one item which is confusing.

Right now you can only finish T3 with full heal, full tank and full dd.
    Loremaster has no spot in here - I guess same for brawler.

At least this makes crafting more viable right now...
    LM is actually pretty useful in Dhurstrok if they go dps cause they can easily handle the boss adds with AoEs/CC, use water-lore/beacon of hope to assist the healer, use bear to grab aggro for a bit if tank's struggling or down (bear pet's pretty sturdy at 140, even outside of blue line) and keep SI on tank during P2 of the bat rider boss.
    Any class can clear T3 really; it's a matter of mastering the boss mechanics.
    With the troll boss you'll want to be spread out to mitigate damage from the twister, and you'll want CC/AoE the book-tossers asap as well as cure any bleeds asap. The bat rider is just a matter of avoiding puddles if you're taking too much damage from them, and killing the bat adds asap (the tank should use AoEs right when the bats spawn to grab them immediately).
    Mydiel 140 LM
    Uulanel 140 GRD

Not exactly a bug (i guess?) but in Dhurstrok when troll summons his goblins, depending on where the healer stands rn goblins will start casting on the healer in an unreachable position for tanks to grab agro without resetting the boss plus it happens that they start casting widely spread to some point that the tank can only pull agro of 1-2 adds, because we can't get upstairs. We had that problem many times with a blue cappy that has to melee attack the boss to heal and warden, that has no panic skill for when healer tries to hide, to get goblins downstairs. It could help greatly and make the fight more consistent if adds activate downstairs, also it could make it way easier for CC classes (for example LMs/Burgs) to get their spots in that instance.
    Warden - Nicl - lvl130
    LM - Telperinor - lvl130
    Burglar - Nicsa - lvl130
    RK - Telpinquar - lvl130

T4/5 no deed

Durstrok T4/ T5 quest cannot be completed since Muta shows no ring.
    No need for T4/T5 advances - might be connected with quest issue.

Pughlak T4 also no deed for completion.

No titles either.

Den of Pughlak aggro is only consistent on force attack.
    Aggregation table seems to be ignored when Tank is stunned. Not sure if this is intended.

Durstrok T4/5 can have effect eye on non attackable hurricane. Seems not to be right.
    Also books falling down is not consistent - not sure if it’s a mechanic thing or a bug since Boss is saying the words.

Quote Originally Posted by Raninia View Post
    Thanks folks, we're investigating these!
    Any news on these?
    Please for the love of god sort out the perma CC & constantly anti-exploiting mobs in pughlak.. This has great potential for a fun 3 man with basic fixes but its horrific at the moment - particularly the crawler room.
    Dhurstrok is good.

Puglak is a neat instance but has so many bugs. Anyone at SSG still working on fixes?

Tonight we died between illusions which caused the Puglak instance to bug out, we retreated but the door into puglak was closed and we could not get it to reopen we tried all leaving instance, /stuck and nothing worked. Hope this help the folks at SSG to get some fixes out.

We started over and faced another bug in the cog-lurker room where we entered combat while still on the ramp.
    Last edited by CasualActual; Jan 27 2022 at 02:09 AM.

Main problem seems the mobs use dazes, not stuns. A short time daze doesn't make much of a difference to a player, since when it is broken by damage, the effect timer has ended anyway. But a daze doesn't activate stun immunity, so the player can immediately be dazed again. And again. And Again. ...
    Since your stun break skill only works for the first daze, you're pretty much screwed afterwards. Nothing you can do. Except bringing a LM for Stun Immunity. Which shouldn't be mandatory when playing a three man instance.

Quote Originally Posted by MimDerZwerg View Post
    Aggregation table seems to be ignored when Tank is stunned. Not sure if this is intended.
    Could be the same problem. When my LM dazes a mob, my pet immediately stops attacking it. Maybe this rule also applies to mobs - if a target gets dazed, attack something different. This doesn't seem to be the case with stuns.

These kinds of short time dazes also made parts of the Caverns of Thrumfall instance super annyoing...

The bugs I find are annoying in puglak t3+ are:

Cog Lurker Illusion - broken limbs from the drop. (temporarily solved by using Store bought fall immunity)
    Candle Illusion - puglak goes in and out of anti exploit like there already isnt enough to handle already.
    crawler tentacle illusion - puglak again in and out of anti exploit if your not careful you may find the fight will reset and port you out, he doesnt fit in the room anyhow just remove him. its already challenging enough without his issues.

I also find it annoying that as a 3 man instance its nigh on impossible to do t3+ without a Lore-master in group, or having a guardian as the tank role. I dont see any other class being able to trait any way to manage the stupid amout of stuns/dazes that puglak hands out in the illusions. You might just wing it with some luck on T3 with a random group with no LM or guardian tank but t4 and t5 are just no go if you dont have the group make up.

Assault on Durstock - AOD seems better balanced although not sure if its a bug but sometimes on the troll boss the goblin book tossers keep on coming with no end in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Landara View Post
    The bugs I find are annoying in puglak t3+ are:

Cog Lurker Illusion - broken limbs from the drop. (temporarily solved by using Store bought fall immunity)
    Candle Illusion - puglak goes in and out of anti exploit like there already isnt enough to handle already.
    crawler tentacle illusion - puglak again in and out of anti exploit if your not careful you may find the fight will reset and port you out, he doesnt fit in the room anyhow just remove him. its already challenging enough without his issues.

I also find it annoying that as a 3 man instance its nigh on impossible to do t3+ without a Lore-master in group, or having a guardian as the tank role. I dont see any other class being able to trait any way to manage the stupid amout of stuns/dazes that puglak hands out in the illusions. You might just wing it with some luck on T3 with a random group with no LM or guardian tank but t4 and t5 are just no go if you dont have the group make up.

Assault on Durstock - AOD seems better balanced although not sure if its a bug but sometimes on the troll boss the goblin book tossers keep on coming with no end in sight.
    Agree with all your points on puglak but on 1 hand its been a long time since (within my circle of gamers at least) that anybody wanted an LM for t4-t5 3 mans. It is nice for them to finally have a niche imho.

Just wanted to add for AOD, the issue of the boss spawning more adds happens when the boss isn't below the morale threshold which varies per tier. For t4 I believe the number is 18m.

I did find another bug in AOD last night at the bat boss, after phase only the goblin spawned. The bat stayed on the ground and never did anything.

Puglak t3+ has some new #### going on since update 32 dropped.

He now stacks the miss chance debuff to like 45% and has inherited other wonderful amusing abilities from his cousins upstairs, the tongue flick which throws your fellowship around the room, the hypnotise thing which focuses on a person and appears to not be interrupted by stuns, interrupts etc.. the stuns are still there albeit appears to be slightly different in their execution. All these wonderful new abilities appear throughout the illusions, although i didn't get to experience them all yet.

So incase you didnt enjoy puglak already fair warning, guaranteed to loose it (mentally) at some point.

Really hoping the Raid drops teal pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Laetitia View Post
    Puglak t3+ has some new #### going on since update 32 dropped.

He now stacks the miss chance debuff to like 45% and has inherited other wonderful amusing abilities from his cousins upstairs, the tongue flick which throws your fellowship around the room, the hypnotise thing which focuses on a person and appears to not be interrupted by stuns, interrupts etc.. the stuns are still there albeit appears to be slightly different in their execution. All these wonderful new abilities appear throughout the illusions, although i didn't get to experience them all yet.

So incase you didnt enjoy puglak already fair warning, guaranteed to loose it (mentally) at some point.
    I'm really hoping the raid drops new teal pants, because the dreams part (2nd phase) with the stuns make this instance no fun at all. Mind you I have T4 and T5 clear on my Yellow Captain as a tank, but the permanent "stunlocks" are no fun and If I can avoid this instance all together I will.
    Last edited by bcowan; Feb 24 2022 at 03:59 PM.