We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

New Cutting Attack Animation slow and ugly

I think the cutting attack animation looks ridiculous, especially the way the captain holds his "follow through". It reminds me of hitting a high wedge shot in golf, trying to hold off turning over the clubface, holding my finish as I watch the ball go to the green. These are observations from use with a two handed sword.

Either 1: modify and speed up the animation to cut the long follow through or 2: Go back to the duplicate animation we had before.
    Arkenstone: Pelagor 100 Captain, Finarwe 100 Loremaster, Banderdas 100 Minstrel

I don't mind the look of it, it's a bit strange. But also something new, fresh and a bit flashy.

I dislike that the after-animation delay seems quite a bit longer than the previous one, this makes the skill feel clunky.
    Would be nice if they can match the timings on the animation to the old one.
    Currently, you kind of want to cut the delay after the animation by using kick, which negates the entire animation all together.

We still have some animations left that are identical apart from color effects (inspire and BoE come to mind, I think Sure Strike and cleanse corruption too).

the animation-delay is what annoys me the most, even with a full kick esc animation cancel it doesn't really work well. The only proper cancel would be an FW esc, or harms way. But sacrificing those skills for the sake of it is of course not realistic.

The cut itself is also way too clean for my taste and doesn't fit with how other animations go, it's so fixed that it almost comes across as a martial arts katana cut. This wouldn't work with a great sword anyway, while an underhand swing is entirely possible, it should contain a lot more movement as for the angle not being so steep.
    Last edited by Zaheer; Dec 20 2021 at 07:27 PM.
    WhiteGoliath

I think it needs a little tweaking to the animation timing, but I'm glad to have that animation brought back.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

well, the animation was part of cutting attack before they changed it into the GW animation. This was during 60-65 cap iirc. It changed around 85-95, cannot exactly recall.
    WhiteGoliath