We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Please please please increase taunt

Hello everyone, I hope devs read this cos I really need them to increase our Zoe taunt from max 3 to 10 or 15 mobs because in abyss i can only taunt three so when we hve a big group of mobs they attack the healers and it god dam annoys me cos it makes me look like I can’t tank. But it is not my fault I just don’t hve a big enough taunt. So please help us brawlers devs. Other than that it was awesome tanking abyss.

Quote Originally Posted by ianwelshy View Post
    Hello everyone, I hope devs read this cos I really need them to increase our Zoe taunt from max 3 to 10 or 15 mobs because in abyss i can only taunt three so when we hve a big group of mobs they attack the healers and it god dam annoys me cos it makes me look like I can’t tank. But it is not my fault I just don’t hve a big enough taunt. So please help us brawlers devs. Other than that it was awesome tanking abyss.
    Max targets in yellow line to make it 6

LI to make it >10

All tanks get 2 core taunts, a single target at 10/15s cooldown, and an aoe 10 target at 30s cooldown.

No other tank needs to get the LI tracery to make it 10+ so I will agree it needs to be increased, however I would suggest add it to a trait somewhere.

Hopefully that helps there is a workaround at the moment.
    Level 140: Burg, Captain, Guard, Brawler, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Champ, Warden, Rune-Keeper, Beorning

Quote Originally Posted by bohbashum View Post
    Max targets in yellow line to make it 6
    The bonustargets only work on damage abilities, you dont get extra targets on the taunt. Only option is the tracery, meaning you sadly lose defence stats.

Is not just the number of targets. its the range / too short/ also none of our taunts have coppy threat. We have limited aoe skills/ limited not by number (3) but by fact you need mettle to cast 1 and to build mettle you need to be at target. Is hard to do so when target chase the dps and he ofc run oposite direction and you cant do sh@it because your mele skills have zero range. Also our main aoe skill have conal attack, need be in circle around the charracter(like chant?) so we can hit all mobs around us. Bubble is great BUT it doesnt regenerate threat. I leveled from zero to hero with no rush with xp boost and skips. You can trust me i know every aspect of the class and now when i get geared for t2/3 i can say this. Class is unfinished. It doesnt fulfil ANY rolle. Dps may look impresive while leveling but is not even close do decent at lvl cap. Our support skills are great BUT man, they have 5m range. Good luck buffing your fellows. Our tanking .... oh from where to start. Il put it simply, class isnt possible to tank with. On aoe fights you have NO WAY to keep agro unless your fellows let you go first and wack 2-3 min om mobs to generate some threat which you lose after first hunter crit or champ aoe.(and by this i mean to build some mettle so you can hold agro) On ST is OKish but i end up losing threat on boss to a pre Gundabad geared hunter. Nuff said.
    My advice. For your sake, and for the sake of your fellows and random players, dont play brawler outside having fun in open world or some moors pvmp. Is so bad that il skip Storvagun runs. Its my first and only Gundabad ready character but i wont bother ppl with myself pretending i can tank on this class.
    Again. Around 20y experience in mmo half of them as tank, and i never feeled helpless / and i mean helpless/ as today.

And to SSG. Inside me il blame you and you know why. Im sure you do. But whats done is done. Class is sold and its live. Now pls be that good to fix it in next 2 or 3 updates pls.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlin View Post
    Is not just the number of targets. its the range / too short/ also none of our taunts have coppy threat.
    They fixed that a while back.

We have limited aoe skills/ limited not by number (3)
    6, target count tracery applies.

you need mettle to cast 1 and to build mettle you need to be at target.
    Neither taunt requires Mettle to cast, they actually add 3 Mettle.

Also our main aoe skill have conal attack, need be in circle around the charracter(like chant?) so we can hit all mobs around us.
    There are 2 other AoE abilities that hit 360. Backhand is fine as a frontal, tanks should never put their back to an opponent as it reduces their BPE.

Bubble is great BUT it doesnt regenerate threat.
    Why would it? It's meant to improve sustain.
    ~ Take the player, not the class ~

Quote Originally Posted by Joedangod View Post
    They fixed that a while back.

Neither taunt requires Mettle to cast, they actually add 3 Mettle.

There are 2 other AoE abilities that hit 360. Backhand is fine as a frontal, tanks should never put their back to an opponent as it reduces their BPE.

Why would it? It's meant to improve sustain.
    I dont know what they fixed, im just telling you that brawler taun have no copy threat

there are all brawler changes

Brawler taunts now jump Brawlers to the top of the enemy's threat list when used.
    Brawler damage has been significantly increased. We will continue to monitor Brawler DPS output.
    Fixed an issue that caused some Brawler set armour pieces to require Beorning in order to equip.
    The Brawler toggle skills Aggressive Posture and Defensive Posture are no longer cancelled when the Brawler is stunned.
    The particle effects shown around a Brawler character to indicate Mettle status will no longer display when out of combat.

This isnt copy threat....
    Also dmg is good/ stil the weakest from all dps- even from some healer/ until you go tank and lost 200 000k mastery.
    Taunts are not used on cd, to keep mobs on you in aoe figh you need a aoe skills or need to build agro from selfheals/heals like cpt.
    All aoe /damaging/ skills require mettle to use additional to cooldown. And mettle you build on mele range, which is half the other classes have....
    The range of skils itself is like 5m ... + long animations. swiping or jumping in air.
    You have no sprint.
    You dont have short cd aoe skill/dmg like EVERY other tank in game.
    Tank should never but their back to oponent.... ?
    Dude do you miss the 20y half of them as tank part? You educate me how to tank ?
    Its no matter where you put your back when mobss are not focusin you .... Its about to get their attention, and when you are out if mettle and mobss run toward your dps or healer, the only chanse to get them back is to ignore the one you tank, and run after the ones who go away from you / resuliting putting you back to mobs agroed by you, and running like idiot to go to upercut range and get the one who run, which lead to lost agro on mobs in all, because you know, dps wont stop and wait you to gather all mobs. Aoe combat is a fast pace if you didnt notice.
    Seems you want to prove me noob or atleast newbye. So i have a sugestion. Get to range dps . No matter yellow wrd, hunt or rk, and go tank with brawler. Make a video of it. And show me my mistakes.
    Il do the same, to show you how broken /not in a good way/ the class is.
    Then il log any of my naked tanks. / any class/ and you or any of your friends are welcomed to come and steal agro from me.

Deal ?

I play on Evernight. Answer this post if you wana make some tests and prove your words.

Take care.

Brawler taunts now jump Brawlers to the top of the enemy's threat list when used.

This isnt copy threat....
    It is though.

Also dmg is good/ stil the weakest from all dps- even from some healer/ until you go tank and lost 200 000k mastery.
    The mastery drop is fairly minor considering the raw % mastery Brawler gets. It's not great, but then no tank holds aggro via damaging skills alone.

Taunts are not used on cd, to keep mobs on you in aoe figh you need a aoe skills or need to build agro from selfheals/heals like cpt.
    Self healing really doesn't generate the level of aggro you seem to think it does. Regardless, Brawler taunts should be kept on cooldown where possible due to the bubble being tied to them. You only hold it if you know you need to save it for new add spawns.

All aoe /damaging/ skills require mettle to use additional to cooldown. And mettle you build on mele range, which is half the other classes have....
    Strike Towards the Sky is the only real offender on range, although I suppose Come At Me could use a slight bump to 10m to be a bit more in line with other tanks AoE taunts. Trait really should also effect Come At Me target count, although I don't think you've actually complained about that bit.

You have no sprint.
    Yep, definitely lacking there.

You dont have short cd aoe skill/dmg like EVERY other tank in game.
    Brawler has significantly more spammable AoE than Captain.

Tank should never but their back to oponent.... ?
    Dude do you miss the 20y half of them as tank part? You educate me how to tank ?
    Its no matter where you put your back when mobss are not focusin you .... Its about to get their attention, and when you are out if mettle and mobss run toward your dps or healer, the only chanse to get them back is to ignore the one you tank, and run after the ones who go away from you / resuliting putting you back to mobs agroed by you, and running like idiot to go to upercut range and get the one who run, which lead to lost agro on mobs in all, because you know, dps wont stop and wait you to gather all mobs. Aoe combat is a fast pace if you didnt notice.
    Yes, that is incorrect. When moving between groups of enemies you should be strafing to ensure that both groups are within a 180 degree arc in front of yourself. You do not turn your back on opponents whilst tanking, not unless you're in a position where you can guarantee no attacks will be coming your way (kiting a group of slowed melee mobs as an example).

Seems you want to prove me noob or atleast newbye. So i have a sugestion. Get to range dps . No matter yellow wrd
    Yellow Wardens are melee DPS (with slow ramp), RK's are a slow ramping DPS, Hunters are primarily ST burst. So none of those are difficult to hold aggro against.

Then il log any of my naked tanks. / any class/ and you or any of your friends are welcomed to come and steal agro from me.
    LOTRO doesn't do building threat, tanks hold aggro via threat copies and the inherent ~800% multiplier those threat copies seem to come with. Holding aggro is done through the basic feat of holding your taunt for a few moments to ensure the DPS has a decent threat cushion for you to copy. LOTRO tanking places greater emphasis on ensuring you cycle defensive boosts properly than it does on actually building or maintaining aggro.

It is though.

The mastery drop is fairly minor considering the raw % mastery Brawler gets. It's not great, but then no tank holds aggro via damaging skills alone.

Self healing really doesn't generate the level of aggro you seem to think it does. Regardless, Brawler taunts should be kept on cooldown where possible due to the bubble being tied to them. You only hold it if you know you need to save it for new add spawns.

Strike Towards the Sky is the only real offender on range, although I suppose Come At Me could use a slight bump to 10m to be a bit more in line with other tanks AoE taunts. Trait really should also effect Come At Me target count, although I don't think you've actually complained about that bit.

Yep, definitely lacking there.

Brawler has significantly more spammable AoE than Captain.

Yes, that is incorrect. When moving between groups of enemies you should be strafing to ensure that both groups are within a 180 degree arc in front of yourself. You do not turn your back on opponents whilst tanking, not unless you're in a position where you can guarantee no attacks will be coming your way (kiting a group of slowed melee mobs as an example).

Yellow Wardens are melee DPS (with slow ramp), RK's are a slow ramping DPS, Hunters are primarily ST burst. So none of those are difficult to hold aggro against.

LOTRO doesn't do building threat, tanks hold aggro via threat copies and the inherent ~800% multiplier those threat copies seem to come with. Holding aggro is done through the basic feat of holding your taunt for a few moments to ensure the DPS has a decent threat cushion for you to copy. LOTRO tanking places greater emphasis on ensuring you cycle defensive boosts properly than it does on actually building or maintaining aggro.
    I see you are all talk. And yellow warden mele dps ?

As i said be free to show me any video of brawler tanking any fellow content/ at lvl cap
    Til then you are just talking ####.
    Take care m8 and have fun.

It is silly every other tank gets a 10man taunt without needing to really trait hard for it or use a tracery.

The brawler shouldn't be uniquely bad here. You shouldn't need typically dps tracery for a tank.
    Level 140: Burg, Captain, Guard, Brawler, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Champ, Warden, Rune-Keeper, Beorning

Quote Originally Posted by bohbashum View Post
    It is silly every other tank gets a 10man taunt without needing to really trait hard for it or use a tracery.

The brawler shouldn't be uniquely bad here. You shouldn't need typically dps tracery for a tank.
    Ehhhhhh. Different tanks require different things. Cappy tanks want healing traceries, Brawler tanks want a target count tracery. I definitely agree that 6 is too few but if the trait applied and put the taunt at 9? Yeah, that'd probably be fine. Not like it's necessary or even desirable for every tank to have the exact same WoP loadouts on LI's.

Ehhhhhh. Different tanks require different things. Cappy tanks want healing traceries, Brawler tanks want a target count tracery. I definitely agree that 6 is too few but if the trait applied and put the taunt at 9? Yeah, that'd probably be fine. Not like it's necessary or even desirable for every tank to have the exact same WoP loadouts on LI's.

I just record a video for you. There you can see all downsides of the class.
    Isnt about the number of targets. its about that you shout under your nose and taunt no one....
    To taunt mobs you need to drag boss mele range to them. Also if boss run after player and that player runs away from you you are helples.
    ALSO brawler miss AoE skill like guardian chant, to get attention/ dont mistake it with agro/ on new adds, spawning at range. Like last phase on Storvagun.
    Otside that class is great, but without the changes i requested, is unplayable unless you tank a single mob or play with mele dps and healer at mele range.
    As i said video is uploading atm and il post link when is done.

And yes mr ``i oposse everything because i can`` i stil wait a video of you to prove all you said.
    It may be not yours, just give me video of brawler tanking.

Cheers

There is video of Storvagun t2. After my first experience in instances i decided to skip Storvagun (and brawler in general) and to not waste ppl time. Unless SSG fix the class and make it atleast semi playable. I did go Storva not for the bracers but just to show YOU that you are wrong. I dont know do you even play brawler. Im prety sure you dont. As im sure you never have brawler tank in your fellow/raid.
    Dont know why you are so much against that class need fixes ? Maybe get ego hurted in moors ? Maybe you dont have the expansion and just dont want ppl have fun with the new class just because you dont have it ? Maybe because you dont want another viable tank just to save your precious tank spot ? I rly dont know.

https://youtu.be/lxW0tMUmEps

All i want is to be possible to play. I dont want op class, nor top 1.
    If i did, i wont go with brawler as main for the current expansion.
    I was aware that class wont be finished/polished, but i didnt expect it to be that bad.
    Ofc i test it while leveling. Both solo and fellow, but under level cap you cant say much.

I was wrong when i thought class will be behind other /at survival/ because as tank he lack self heal and block. As tank brawler is damn durable. Lots of options and defensive cooldowns. Also decent fellow buffs both/ofensive and defensive. SSG dont need to tuch any of those aspects or class will become too OP. As i said just add +15 metters to buff range /make them 20 from 5/
    Sadly i wasnt wrong about ranged aoe skill/ not taunt/ but short cd . decent range (15-20m or area tagetable) dmg skill like guardiand chant.
    As warden i have ton of ways to pick the target from range without even moving. Resounding Challenge literaly have no cd.
    As bear you have unlimited targets long range taunt and once they come close range you just claw spam the hell out of them.
    As guardian you have chant.
    As cpt you have your decent range/even if not short cd/ taun, your aoe heals, and routing cry + your baners as last option.
    With champion you have, ok, as champion you have your guaranteed slot as best dps class in game and you dont need to bother about tanking.
    So Joedan God, tell me what you have as brawler ?

As brawlers we have you, and ppl like you. Speaking about something they have no idea or experience.
    I see you under every class forum. Arguing with ppl with and without reason.

To be honest i want to be wrong in this, sadly im not.
    Stil if you can prove me wrong / not with words/ il be happy to stand corrected.

Take care.
    Last edited by Pavlin; Dec 10 2021 at 11:32 AM.

sorry to be annoying but where is this tracie cos i dont see where it increases to 6??? am i missing something

Quote Originally Posted by ianwelshy View Post
    sorry to be annoying but where is this tracie cos i dont see where it increases to 6??? am i missing something
    To +7 not 6

https://imgur.com/a/ZXkTSzs

Yellow one start +1

ah!!!! so that counts towards taunts as well i did not realise that thxs