We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Level 124, needing some advice

Hi All, need a little bit of help / Advice.

I'm a level 124 Hunter, and somehow after the Mordor release and a moderate hiatus, I managed to lose my way in terms of where to be adventuring and get geared up. Now I'm stuck with about 40K health and lousy DPS for some reason; I did a spattering of questing around Erebor but I can't seem to get "back on track" for gear and equipment that is going to carry me forward.

I did a few of the areas in Mordor, but moving on to Erebor area, I seem to be woefully undergeared and getting my butt handed to me in almost every combat. I have a Captain around the same level and similar experience.

Any suggestions?

Have you gotten your new-style legendary items yet? If not, those will give you a boost. There's many threads about it, or you can Google it, I won't repeat it all in case you've done that already.

Check your traits, virtues, etc to see if they've been reset or unequipped somehow.

If you have some high level friends, I would try running the Harrowing and Shadow Roost 3 man instances from Minas Morgul at level 121. They are easy and drop decent gear quite often. Your friends can even pass you the gear they get (assuming they don't need it) to make gearing up faster. If you can't do that, try following the epic line and Black Book of Mordor, you should get some gear from those.

Lots to learn with that new LI system!
    What happens to the old LIs?
    Thanks for the initial feedback - I've acquired some new LIs now, quite a difference already.

Quote Originally Posted by kerda2007 View Post
    Lots to learn with that new LI system!
    What happens to the old LIs?
    Thanks for the initial feedback - I've acquired some new LIs now, quite a difference already.
    Old legendary items had a ton of problems and the issues were being compounded the higher in level you became. The new legendary items have solved a lot of problems, including the primary issue of not doing enough damage as you venture into new level ranges. They are still slowly rolling out features to the new skeleton system while also providing people who held onto old items some benefit in conversions, but it is a long road that is going to take a year or two to finish.