We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Traceries recommendations

I just got my first legendary items. Any recommendations on which traceries to get? My aim is to be able to solo as many instances as possible.

I'm thinking Mastery Cooldown, Steadfast Cooldown, and Heraldry of the Sparrow, but not sure of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by ndc View Post
    I just got my first legendary items. Any recommendations on which traceries to get? My aim is to be able to solo as many instances as possible.

I'm thinking Mastery Cooldown, Steadfast Cooldown, and Heraldry of the Sparrow, but not sure of the others.
    This may help. I replaced javelin skills damage with Steadfast Cooldown too several weeks ago (as javelin skills damage doesnt affect DoTs unlike Ranged Damage did on classic/imbued), and several of these teal things got replaced with identical gold traceries, but this pic should give you the general idea what warden traceries are (spoiler - 3/4 of them are useless). When you get to 115/120/130/140 you can fill the new slots you get with anything you consider the LEAST useless

Words of Power: single target criticals, area effect attack criticals, single target damage, single target damage - all of that dont affect DoT damage. Useful only for burst damage, 90% of long term warden dps is DoTs.
    Ranged attack extension for pew pew in moors.

I would select following Word of Mastery Traceries for build focused on soloing instances:
    - Mastery Cooldown tracery is must have for every build
    There are only few warden traceries for better survivability:
    - Shield Gambit Line Healing, which will increase healing of your morale-tap and shield gambits
    - Resolution Damage tracery will increase healing from Resolution morale-tap gambit, it will help you survive in fights with many mobs
    - Steadfast Cooldown tracery is good mainly for vitality buff
    - If you will be mostly in blue line, then Shield Tactics Tactical Mitigation buff isn't bad
    - If you want to sneak up, then Careful Step traceries can be useful

Other traceries are good for your dps:
    - Fist Gambit Damage & Critical Chance
    - Surety of Death Damage Over Time
    - Marked Target Double-cast Chance
    - Spear-shield Gambit Damage
    - Spear Gambit Damage
    - Javelin Skills Damage
    - Javelin Skills Critical Chance
    - maybe Hampering Javelin Duration & Reset Chance for kiting

Other traceries are obvious, you want better dot damage, aoe damage, heal over time, maybe single target damage. If you want to do big pulls, then you should consider tracery with + target count.
    Word of craft traceries with critical rating and set bonus with +light type damage is must have too.
    Last edited by Krindel; Dec 21 2021 at 07:31 AM.
    Laurelin: Kinship - Outcasts
    Ilwee - Warden, Krindel - Minstrel, Krinborn - Lore-Master, Gislin - Burglar

Krindel said one thing that is true across all Warden builds.

"... +light type damage is must have too. "

As you may already know, almost all Warden damage is Light so that +15% from two Ascendant Light Traceries is a must. I would get these right out of the gate. The rest of a build is situational.

Just in case, Tracery
    Ujest - 140 Lore-master, Opun Tia – 107 Warden, Tummi - 105 Captain, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 66 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly – Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

and Star Citizen…

You can hardly go wrong with mastery ones, as majority is useless. Still dont waste slots on carefull step movment/cd use those on swapie as it can be only used out of combat either way. As for word of power ones, DO NOT waste time with heal over time one even if you plan to solo instances, our heals are so badly scaled they are not even worth using outside for block buff and restoration is arguably biggest waste any warden does atm.

DoT damage and crit and + aoe targets are a must, there is very few scenarios where any other tracery will outvalue + aoe targets by such amount that it warrants slot over it considering how much you gain from it on bigger pulls, trash clear, any fight with more than 5 targets(unless ofc you want 2 lis for those ST only fights, wich).

Last 2 slots fill with either aoe damage and aoe crit if you want more offense, or if you want defence go with morale\- incoming damage ones.

Just fill mastery ones with things you use most.

Quote Originally Posted by l6rp24e57 View Post
    This may help. I replaced javelin skills damage with Steadfast Cooldown too several weeks ago (as javelin skills damage doesnt affect DoTs unlike Ranged Damage did on classic/imbued)
    Thanks for this. How do you know javelin skill damage doesn't affect DoT? I want to check other traceries myself. For example, whether Fist Gambit Damage will increase Surety of Death, or just the warden taunt damage.

Quote Originally Posted by l6rp24e57 View Post
    ... with anything you consider the LEAST useless
    That's a good one

Quote Originally Posted by Krindel View Post
    ... lots of useful recommendations ...
    Thank you.

Too bad there is no traceries to reduce Shield Tactics cooldown. Maybe in the future.

I find lots of tracery descriptions too ambiguous. For example Marked Target double cast chance, is the target going to be debuffed twice, or is the cooldown finished so you can hit another target?

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf_TheOld View Post
    ... As you may already know, almost all Warden damage is Light so that +15% from two Ascendant Light Traceries is a must. I would get these right out of the gate. The rest of a build is situational.
    Thanks for the info.

PSA for Ascendent Light Word of Craft traceries: you don't get the 2 set bonus if you put one in your sword and the other in your javelin. My lvl 50 legendaries only have one WoC slot each :P

BTW I assume I don't get the set bonus because the text doesn't highlight in the tooltip.

I wonder about the 4 set bonus, is this for the future, because currently lvl 140 legendaries only have 2 WoC slots?

Also, if in the future my legendaries have 2 WoC slots and I put Ascendent Light in all of them, will I get +30% light damage (double +15%)?

Quote Originally Posted by Osglinthor View Post
    You can hardly go wrong with mastery ones, as majority is useless. Still dont waste slots on carefull step movment/cd use those on swapie as it can be only used out of combat either way. As for word of power ones, DO NOT waste time with heal over time one even if you plan to solo instances, our heals are so badly scaled they are not even worth using outside for block buff and restoration is arguably biggest waste any warden does atm.

DoT damage and crit and + aoe targets are a must, there is very few scenarios where any other tracery will outvalue + aoe targets by such amount that it warrants slot over it considering how much you gain from it on bigger pulls, trash clear, any fight with more than 5 targets(unless ofc you want 2 lis for those ST only fights, wich).

Last 2 slots fill with either aoe damage and aoe crit if you want more offense, or if you want defence go with morale\- incoming damage ones.
    Thank you. Looks like I have a lot of good options once my LIs have WoP slot.

I find lots of tracery descriptions too ambiguous. For example Marked Target double cast chance, is the target going to be debuffed twice, or is the cooldown finished so you can hit another target?

Thanks for the info.

PSA for Ascendent Light Word of Craft traceries: you don't get the 2 set bonus if you put one in your sword and the other in your javelin. My lvl 50 legendaries only have one WoC slot each :P

Thank you. Looks like I have a lot of good options once my LIs have WoP slot.
    Marked target double cast has chance to make debuff apply twice. For word of craft you should still get setbonus if you put one in each LI. I missed\didnt know you are lvl 50, and forget low lvl lis have very limited choice. Still good to follow some of these priorities as you unlock.

People just use low tier stuff at lvl cap to check if tracery affects skill by checking tooltip before and after its sloted.

Surety of death will inscrease spear of virtue, surety of death and desolation dot. And only other thing that increases dots is word of power ones.

Most of other things work work only on initial gambit damage. Worth to get but only because there is no alternative, esp at cap. So only get them later after you get more slots.

Mastery CD,Surety of death, Shiled gambit heal, Resolution damage. Those 4 are probably best to start, Marked double cast, Fist gambit dmg and crit after that. Javelin skills crit also worth grabing since yellow is very good for solo some of easier stuff.

BTW I assume I don't get the set bonus because the text doesn't highlight in the tooltip.

I wonder about the 4 set bonus, is this for the future, because currently lvl 140 legendaries only have 2 WoC slots?

Also, if in the future my legendaries have 2 WoC slots and I put Ascendent Light in all of them, will I get +30% light damage (double +15%)?
    Must be in one or both "Equipped" LIs: one in each equipped LI or two in one Equipped LI. For example, I have three Ascendant Light Traceries, 2 equipped; one in the spear and one in the Javelin, and one in my sword for when I equip that (which is almost never).

If you have four equipped, no you do not get +30%, but you do get the extra Outgoing Heal Rating along with the +15% light damage.

See - Tracery Traceries section, bottom of the page...

As you grow the LI(s) more slots will open. to a max of two Craft slots per item
    Ujest - 140 Lore-master, Opun Tia – 107 Warden, Tummi - 105 Captain, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 66 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly – Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

and Star Citizen…

You may find some help on this site: http://lotrohq.com. They have builds for all classes, many with multiple trait lines. Good luck.
    Last edited by Bothketbog; Dec 22 2021 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Make link active

Hmm, are some of those traceries (eg mastery cooldown) not available or were they removed? Or I am just blind.. ???????? I can't see them in Rivendell... (They are mentioned here and also on wiki...)

Sword:
    1x Heraldry of the Sparrow
    2x DoT

Javelin Skill Critical Chance
    Spear-Shield Gambit Damage
    Spear Gambit Damage
    Javelin Skills Damage
    *Heal Bonus for Conviction (Incoming Heal)
    *Javeling of Deadly Force Damage (Phy Mastery)

2x Heroic Precision (3% Crit hit Chance) [I dont have, but would take these now]

Javelin:
    1x Heraldry of the Sparrow
    2x AOE
    1x Targets

Surety of Death Damage Over Time
    Gambit Builder Damage
    Fist Gambit Damage & Critical Chance
    Marked Target Double Cast Chance
    Mastery Cooldown
    *Steadfast Cooldown (Vita)

2x Ascendent Light (+15% Light Typ Damage)

* I took for the 2nd Value, the Traceries give. (Vita, Incoming Heal and Phy Mastery)
    This depends on what you need, and you can Overwrite these with, what you feels better for you.

The Warden has not many good Options, but that was the same with the Former LI System.
    So see it as a benefit, you have 3 Traceries you can fill with something, that is better as the former +264 Vita & Fate :-)

This i use for Raids.
    If you build for Dummy fights then pick Singletargets damage instead of AOE Damage and more Targets are versus the Trainingdummy also useless :-)

If i would build a 2nd Sword, then i can keep the Jav for both.

Sword 2nd (Not Build):
    Heal Bonus for Conviction
    Shield Tactics Tactical Mitigation Buff
    Gambit Lifetap Damage
    Defiant Challenge Damage Return
    Resolution Damage
    Schild Gambit Line Healing