We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Athmur View Post
    B. I got an error message saying "cannot execute binary file."
    Whoops, that was a typo on my part. I should have written...
    Code:
    sudo wine
    ...followed by the file path. But it doesn't matter anymore, that was to determine whether the problem was being caused by a permissions issue and we've already determined that is not the case. Sorry for the trouble, I do make mistakes and I hope this one didn't annoy you and Berynwolf too much.

Athmur and Berynwolf: In the hope of experiencing this problem myself, I pulled out my 2012 Mac Mini. I haven’t booted it in 3 months.

After booting I checked for MacOS updates: Nothing for MacOS 10.14.6 Mojave. I checked the App Store: Updates for 2 applications unrelated to WINE or LOTRO, I allowed the App Store to install them. Ran the brew doctor command in the Terminal: Got the usual warning about how I should update the command line tools which I (as usual) ignored, also got told there were some updated Homebrew bits available and that I should run the brew upgrade command. Ran the brew upgrade command: Bunch of stuff (all of it for brew, nothing for WINE) got updated. Ran brew doctor again: Usual warning to update the command line tools again but nothing else so I quit out of the Terminal.

Used my cute Dock icon to invoke LotroLauncher.exe via the Wine Stable application. It started up, the LOTRO launcher app began updating itself, restarted itself, the Dock icon changed to the Wine Stable default icon (expected when the associated file is replaced which is what the LOTRO Launcher app just did to itself). The LOTRO Launcher app continued with patching LOTRO, eventually I was presented with the opportunity to enter my credentials. I quit the LOTRO launcher app instead and pasted my favorite cute LOTRO icon back into the LotroLauncher.exe file. I had to pull the old icon out of the Dock and then make a new one by dragging the LotroLauncher.exe file to the right side of the Dock.

I copied my ~/Documents/The Lord of the Rings Online folder from my main Mac (a 2019 iMac) over to the 2012 Mini using a little USB drive. I then edited the UserPreferences.ini file so that GraphicsCore=D3D9 but left everything else alone. Clicked on the LotroLauncher.exe icon in my Dock, it started right up, I entered my credentials, chose my server, successfully logged in, entered a game world with a character, and tweaked a few graphics settings down because my old Mini doesn’t have the horsepower of my 2019 iMac. 64-bit client ran perfectly, in-game store launched with no problem, everything seemed fine. I logged out, quit the game, then came here to report.

So not counting my 2019 iMac running Monterey and launching LOTRO with Crossover, that’s 4 systems that I’ve installed or updated or ran LOTRO on in the last couple of days, all in MacOS 10.14.6 Mojave and all with both SSG’s “Mac Download” version of WINE and the latest wine-stable. And no problems at all. (edit for clarification: I only ran LOTRO using WINE 7 on the Mojave systems, not WINE 4. I meant that WINE 4 is present on those systems because it is part of SSG’s “Mac Download” which is what I used to get the LOTRO game files onto those systems but did not run the game using WINE 4 after the initial installation.)

There isn’t anything special about the 4 different Macs I used nor was the procedure I went through to do those installs/updates any different than what you guys have done. That leaves us with 2 likely options for what’s causing the problem being experienced by the two of you:
    1- There is something just not right about your UserPreferences.ini file. If so, the editing procedure I outlined two messages up should work. (Berynwolf, if you can’t do that because you deleted your UserPreferences64.ini/UserPreferences64.ini.bak file, don’t worry, we can still fix you up if this turns out to be the solution.)
    2- There is something wrong with one or more of the files composing your installation of LOTRO. This should be fixable using the “repair” function of the LOTRO Launcher application. If you can’t get to the LOTRO Launcher application in order to run the “repair” function using WINE 7, you should be able to do so (as Athmur did) with WINE 4 by launching the game with the lotroclient.app application which is part of SSG’s “Mac Download” which should be in your /Application folder. As an alternative, you can delete the game (by deleting the ~/Library/Application Support/com.standingstonegames.lotro folder) and do a full reinstall of the “Mac Download” – doing so will take only a little more bandwidth and time than the “repair” function of the LOTRO launcher application which downloads and reinstalls most of the game files as part of its process. If this ends up being the solution, you do not need to delete your ~/Documents/The Lord of the Rings Online folder and so won’t lose any of your settings or keybinds or layouts or plugins.

Next step for us: Let’s get a response from Athmur as to the efficacy of the editing procedure I provided two replies up.
    Last edited by Tralfazz; Jun 03 2022 at 01:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tralfazz View Post
    Please try this (note that these instructions assume that you were running the 64-bit client prior to the u33.0.5 patch which deprecated the UserPreferences64.ini file – if that is not correct, please STOP and report that to me instead of following these instructions):
    I first installed the 64-bit client on May 30, which I believe is after the u33.0.5 patch, yes?

I first installed the 64-bit client on May 30, which I believe is after the u33.0.5 patch, yes?
    If you installed Homebrew and used that to install WINE 7 and then first used the 64-bit client on May 30th, that is after the u33.0.5 patch. However, if you ever ran the 64-bit client, such as before the 18 March 2021 patch which changed the 64-bit client to require Windows components not present in WINE 4, that should be fine. If you never ran the 64-bit client at all, you shouldn't have a UserPreferences64.ini/UserPreferences64.ini.bak file.

I would recommend making a backup of your ~/Documents/The Lord of the Rings Online folder (you can option-drag it to your ~/Desktop to copy it there, that's a good enough backup for this purpose) and then follow the procedure in Message #50 if you have a UserPreferences64.ini or UserPreferences64.ini.bak file to work with.

edit:
    If you don't have a UserPreferences64.ini/UserPreferences64.ini.bak file which you had used to successfully run the game at some time in the past, do this instead:
    1- Make a backup of your ~/Documents/The Lord of the Rings Online folder (you can option-drag it to your ~/Desktop to copy it there, that's a good enough backup for this purpose).
    2- Open ~/Documents/The Lord of the Rings Online/UserPreferences.ini with TextEdit.
    3- DELETE all the contents of UserPreferences.ini – SELECT ALL then DELETE it.
    4- COPY the following then PASTE it into your UserPreferences.ini file:
    Code:
    [Launcher]
    LastLocale=en
    FirstRun=false
    AllowMultipleInstances=true
    PreCache=true
    SelectLastPlayedWorld=false
    GameClientType=3
    LoadOnStartup=false
    AskBeforeDownload=false
    ThrottleDownload=false
    ThrottleDownloadRate=4
    AutoRetrieveUpdates=false
    AutoRetrieveUpdatesInterval=1
    KeepLauncherOpen=false
    UseHighResolutionGameData=true

[Display]
    AllowDesktopCompositing=True
    AllowFakeFullScreen=True
    AllowWindowResizing=True
    Antialiasing=2x
    ConfineFullScreenMouseCursor=True
    FixedOutputScaling=Default
    ForceFakeFullScreen=False
    FullScreen=False
    RefreshRate=Auto
    Resolution=1920x1080
    ScreenMode=FullScreenWindowed
    SyncToRefresh=False
    TripleBuffering=False
    WindowedResolution=800x600

[Misc]
    PlayedIntroMovie=True

[Render]
    AllowGammaChanges=True
    AlphaToCoverage=False
    AmbientLightBoost=0.40
    AmbientOcclusion=True
    AnisotropicQuality=4
    AspectRatio=Auto
    AtmosphericsDetail=High
    BlobShadows=True
    BloomIntensity=1.00
    BlurFilterQuality=High
    Brightness=1.00
    Contrast=1.00
    D3DVersionPromptedForAtStartup=11
    DisplayAdapter=0
    DistantImposters=True
    DynamicParticles=All
    EnablePortraits=True
    EnvironmentStencilShadows=True
    FarLandscapeNormalMaps=True
    FrillDensity=0.25
    FrillDistance=UltraHigh
    Gamma=1.00
    GlowMapping=True
    GraphicsCore=D3D9
    HavePromptedForD3D10AtStartup=False
    InteractiveWater=High
    LandscapeDrawDistance=VeryHigh
    LandscapeLightingQuality=VeryHigh
    LandscapeShoreEffects=Low
    LandscapeStaticObjectShadows=High
    MaterialDetail=High
    MaxHardwareClass=0
    MeasuredFillRate=inf
    MemoryUsage=1.00
    MeshCombining=False
    ModelDetail=UltraHigh
    MultiPassLighting=True
    ObjectDrawDistance=UltraHigh
    OverbrightBloomFilter=True
    PlayerCrowdQuality=1.00
    PrecipitationEffects=True
    ShadowMapQuality=2
    SpecularLighting=True
    StaticEnvironmentalObjects=True
    StencilShadows=UltraHigh
    SurfaceReflections=UltraHigh
    TextureDetail=VeryHigh
    TextureFiltering=Anisotropic
    VideoPostEffects=True
    VolumetricLight=True
    PerPixelLightingAttenuation=True

[Troubleshooting]
    EngineSpeed=VeryHigh
    MaximumFrameRate=30
    5- SAVE your changes then quit out of TextEdit.
    6- Attempt to run the game. If you can get into a game world, do some brief testing including attempting to launch the in-game store interface.
    7- Report back here with your results.

Some of the settings between the CODE tags might be high for your machine and you'll need to bump them down a bit. But they'll have no impact on your ability to run the LOTRO launcher application or successfully log into a game world where you can get to the in-game OPTIONS panel at the character creation/selection screen.
    Last edited by Tralfazz; Jun 03 2022 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Added an alternative procedure.

If you installed Homebrew and used that to install WINE 7 and then first used the 64-bit client on May 30th, that is after the u33.0.5 patch. However, if you ever ran the 64-bit client, such as before the 18 March 2021 patch which changed the 64-bit client to require Windows components not present in WINE 4, that should be fine. If you never ran the 64-bit client at all, you shouldn't have a UserPreferences64.ini/UserPreferences64.ini.bak file.
    That is correct, I first installed Wine 7 and used the 64-bit client on May 30. (I had Homebrew installed already from some coding stuff I did a while back, but that's probably irrelevant.) The only reason I had a UserPreferences64.ini file at all is because I created one following the instructions under F2 in the very first post in this thread. The .bak file was created automatically by lotro the first time I launched the 64-bit client (on May 30). (I did successfully use the client on May 30, at least to test it. The next time I came back to it was yesterday, which is when the problems started.)

If you don't have a UserPreferences64.ini/UserPreferences64.ini.bak file which you had used to successfully run the game at some time in the past, do this instead:
    Well I do have one that I successfully used to run the game once, but it was only created on May 30 as per above. What would be the best thing for me to try?

The .bak file was created automatically by lotro the first time I launched the 64-bit client (on May 30).
    It may have been created yesterday actually, I suddenly can't remember. I know that there was a popup informing me of it, but I don't remember when it happened.

Well I do have one that I successfully used to run the game once, but it was only created on May 30 as per above. What would be the best thing for me to try?
    Follow the full replace procedure after the "edit:" in Message #54.

edit:
    1- Make a backup of your ~/Documents/The Lord of the Rings Online folder (you can option-drag it to your ~/Desktop to copy it there, that's a good enough backup for this purpose).
    2- Open ~/Documents/The Lord of the Rings Online/UserPreferences.ini with TextEdit.
    3- DELETE all the contents of UserPreferences.ini – SELECT ALL then DELETE it.
    4- COPY the following then PASTE it into your UserPreferences.ini file:
    Code:
    [Launcher]
    LastLocale=en
    FirstRun=false
    AllowMultipleInstances=true
    PreCache=true
    SelectLastPlayedWorld=false
    GameClientType=3
    LoadOnStartup=false
    AskBeforeDownload=false
    ThrottleDownload=false
    ThrottleDownloadRate=4
    AutoRetrieveUpdates=false
    AutoRetrieveUpdatesInterval=1
    KeepLauncherOpen=false
    UseHighResolutionGameData=true

[Display]
    AllowDesktopCompositing=True
    AllowFakeFullScreen=True
    AllowWindowResizing=True
    Antialiasing=2x
    ConfineFullScreenMouseCursor=True
    FixedOutputScaling=Default
    ForceFakeFullScreen=False
    FullScreen=False
    RefreshRate=Auto
    Resolution=1920x1080
    ScreenMode=FullScreenWindowed
    SyncToRefresh=False
    TripleBuffering=False
    WindowedResolution=800x600

[Misc]
    PlayedIntroMovie=True

[Render]
    AllowGammaChanges=True
    AlphaToCoverage=False
    AmbientLightBoost=0.40
    AmbientOcclusion=True
    AnisotropicQuality=4
    AspectRatio=Auto
    AtmosphericsDetail=High
    BlobShadows=True
    BloomIntensity=1.00
    BlurFilterQuality=High
    Brightness=1.00
    Contrast=1.00
    D3DVersionPromptedForAtStartup=11
    DisplayAdapter=0
    DistantImposters=True
    DynamicParticles=All
    EnablePortraits=True
    EnvironmentStencilShadows=True
    FarLandscapeNormalMaps=True
    FrillDensity=0.25
    FrillDistance=UltraHigh
    Gamma=1.00
    GlowMapping=True
    GraphicsCore=D3D9
    HavePromptedForD3D10AtStartup=False
    InteractiveWater=High
    LandscapeDrawDistance=VeryHigh
    LandscapeLightingQuality=VeryHigh
    LandscapeShoreEffects=Low
    LandscapeStaticObjectShadows=High
    MaterialDetail=High
    MaxHardwareClass=0
    MeasuredFillRate=inf
    MemoryUsage=1.00
    MeshCombining=False
    ModelDetail=UltraHigh
    MultiPassLighting=True
    ObjectDrawDistance=UltraHigh
    OverbrightBloomFilter=True
    PlayerCrowdQuality=1.00
    PrecipitationEffects=True
    ShadowMapQuality=2
    SpecularLighting=True
    StaticEnvironmentalObjects=True
    StencilShadows=UltraHigh
    SurfaceReflections=UltraHigh
    TextureDetail=VeryHigh
    TextureFiltering=Anisotropic
    VideoPostEffects=True
    VolumetricLight=True
    PerPixelLightingAttenuation=True

[Troubleshooting]
    EngineSpeed=VeryHigh
    MaximumFrameRate=30
    5- SAVE your changes then quit out of TextEdit.
    6- Attempt to run the game. If you can get into a game world, do some brief testing including attempting to launch the in-game store interface.
    7- Report back here with your results.

Some of the settings between the CODE tags might be high for your machine and you'll need to bump them down a bit. But they'll have no impact on your ability to run the LOTRO launcher application or successfully log into a game world where you can get to the in-game OPTIONS panel at the character creation/selection screen.
    Alright, I tried all this with no success. Same results as before. (My computer seizes up for a moment, then Wine Stable opens, then the computer freezes for a moment longer and then Wine closes again.)

Alright, I tried all this with no success. Same results as before. (My computer seizes up for a moment, then Wine Stable opens, then the computer freezes for a moment longer and then Wine closes again.)
    OK, thank you for the report. It's disappointing that the LOTRO launcher application won't even start.

Now let's see what happens when we try to run the game using WINE 7 but with the 32-bit client:
    1- Open ~/Documents/The Lord of the Rings Online/UserPreferences.ini with TextEdit.
    2- Change the line...
    GameClientType=3
    ...to...
    GameClientType=1
    MAKE NO OTHER CHANGES
    3- SAVE your change then quit out of TextEdit.
    4- Attempt to run the game. If you are able to enter a game world, perform some brief testing including opening the in-game store browser.
    5- Report back here with your results.

Wine 7's most notable difference from series 6 is that it has native vulkan support. This is something you wouldn't be able to use on macos without using crossover for native metal api support. I'm only saying this for your own sanity. Many people have had random client crashes with Wine 7 in LOTRO. You might get hours of solid gameplay then a crash at an NPC or stablemaster. I've personally had it happen on two occasion when I've tested Wine 7, but the problem doesn't happen on Wine 6.

OK, thank you for the report. It's disappointing that the LOTRO launcher application won't even start.

Now let's see what happens when we try to run the game using WINE 7 but with the 32-bit client:
    1- Open ~/Documents/The Lord of the Rings Online/UserPreferences.ini with TextEdit.
    2- Change the line...
    GameClientType=3
    ...to...
    GameClientType=1
    MAKE NO OTHER CHANGES
    3- SAVE your change then quit out of TextEdit.
    4- Attempt to run the game. If you are able to enter a game world, perform some brief testing including opening the in-game store browser.
    5- Report back here with your results.
    Alas, no changes. Launcher application still won't start.

Alas, no changes. Launcher application still won't start.
    Let's recap:
    –I am able to run the 64-bit LOTRO client in WINE 7 with no issues on multiple systems, including systems which had the "Mac Download"/WINE 4 installed before u33.0.5 and systems which I set up just late last night.
    –You guys are not able to launch either the 32-bit LOTRO client or the 64-bit LOTRO client in WINE 7. In fact, you can't even get the LOTRO launcher application to launch in WINE 7.
    –You guys are able to launch the LOTRO Launcher application using WINE 4.
    –One of you reported an error message – seen only one time – related to lotrobrowserhelper64.exe which is something reported by a number of Windows box users recently.

This leads me to believe that one of the following is true:
    –There is something wrong with your installations of LOTRO. There are many, many files which all must be intact, any of which could develop a problem and cause the launch of the game to fail. Such as lotrobrowserhelper64.exe!
    –There is some odd incompatibility between the latest version of LOTRO (again, probably related to lotrobrowserhelper64.exe or some other changed components) and WINE 7.

So we should move on to one of these two things:
    –A complete deletion followed by a reinstallation of LOTRO. (This would not include deleting the ~/Documents/The Lord of the Rings Online folder, just the ~/Library/Application Support/com.standingstonegames.lotro folder.)
    –A complete deletion followed by a reinstallation of WINE 7. There might be some value to installing an older version of WINE – WINE 5 has a simple MacOS .pkg installer available but should not be so old that it will not include the components necessary to allow the 64-bit client to run.

My recommendation, based on my ability to launch and run the 64-bit LOTRO client with no issues under WINE 7, is for you to reinstall LOTRO.

A- Delete your current installation of LOTRO:
    1- Find the folder ~/Library/Application Support/com.standingstonegames.lotro and move it to your Trash, then EMPTY your Trash.
    2- Find the application lotroclient.app (probably in your /Applications folder) and move it to your Trash, then EMPTY your Trash.
    3- You might have a few other files: The Lord of the Rings Online.desktop and The Lord of the Rings Online.lnk – you can delete them or ignore them, they take up no appreciable space on your drive and are ignored by MacOS, WINE, and LOTRO for the purposes of running the game. So if you can't find them right away, don't worry about them.

B- Make a backup of your ~/Documents/The Lord of the Rings Online folder. If you made some other backup earlier, don't overwrite that – make a new backup.

C- Reinstall LOTRO. There are two ways to do this:
    –The first is to use the "Mac Download" which becomes the lotroclient.app application. This will install the current Windows version of LOTRO and along with it, a bottle of WINE 4. The installation will occur in the ~/Library/Application Support folder. There is nothing wrong with doing this, it is the easier method and the method I used to get LOTRO on all 4 systems on which I have recently run it including the system I tested late last night and the system I installed it on from scratch a few days ago.
    –The second is to use the "PC Download" and run it using your installed WINE 7. All you have to do is download it and then double-click on the file, your installed Wine Stable application will then run it. The advantage to this is that you will not get WINE 4 on your Mac. This installation will occur either in ~/Library or in ~/.wine (I don't remember which) the later of which is "hidden" by default. (I will walk you through the process to "un-hide" it or otherwise give you the ability to easily double-click the LotroLauncher.exe file or use your Dock to launch the game if necessary.) This is the procedure I recommend because WINE 4 has almost no value since it can't be used to run the 64-bit client, and this will give you a "cleaner" install. I have used this procedure in the past, detailed here:
    https://forums.lotro.com/forums/show...ayers-of-LOTRO
    I do not recommend following that exact procedure anymore, but it does still work.

Use either method you prefer to reinstall LOTRO.

If you use the "Mac Download" don't attempt to log in to the game. Just allow it to complete your installation, then when it eventually asks for your credentials QUIT out of the LOTRO Launcher application and relaunch the LOTRO launcher application using WINE 7. (Remember that you do that by double-clicking directly on the ~/Library/Application Support/com.standingstonegames.lotro/common/wineprefix/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/StandingStoneGames/The Lord of the Rings Online/LotroLauncher.exe file and allowing it to be run by the Wine Stable application.)

If you use the "PC Download" you can proceed to enter your credentials and enter a game world as soon as the installation is complete. You do not have to re-launch the LOTRO Launcher application first.

I know this is time-consuming, the game is about 34gb and for most people that takes a few hours to download completely. The "repair" process offered by the LOTRO Launcher application downloads over 20gb of replacement files and also takes a while, not as long but also it is not as thorough an operation as a reinstallation. Based on my ability to launch and run the game under WINE 7, I believe this has the best chance of success for you. Please give it a try, then report back with your results.
    Last edited by Tralfazz; Jun 03 2022 at 01:49 PM. Reason: I don't remember if the Windows version installs into ~/.wine or ~/Library, probably depends on the WINE defaults.

Thanks so much Tralfazz! I'll go ahead and reinstall LOTRO using the PC Download, and report back when that's complete.

Just finished installing it, and was able to log in. When I went to launch the game, it asked me if I want to switch to the 64-bit game client. I didn't answer, because I don't want to accidentally mess something up in the settings. Thoughts?

Just finished installing it, and was able to log in. When I went to launch the game, it asked me if I want to switch to the 64-bit game client. I didn't answer, because I don't want to accidentally mess something up in the settings. Thoughts?
    First: AWESOME! The issue was with one or some files installed or recently patched by the game.

Second: You're using the 32-bit client because the last thing we did before we reinstalled your game was to write GameClientType=1 into your UserPreferences.ini file for a test – and then we didn't revert that change. That's OK! You can switch to the 64-bit client now. You can do so either by agreeing to the request from the LOTRO Launcher application to do it for you; or you can quit out of the LOTRO Launcher application, change that line in your UserPreferences.ini file back to GameClientType=3, then relaunch the LOTRO Launcher application.

I'm eagerly anticipating your next report.

edit: Please tell me if WINE 7 installed LOTRO into ~/Library or into ~/.wine.
    Last edited by Tralfazz; Jun 03 2022 at 03:39 PM.

First: AWESOME! The issue was with one or some files installed or recently patched by the game.

Second: You're using the 32-bit client because the last thing we did before we reinstalled your game was to write GameClientType=1 into your UserPreferences.ini file for a test – and then we didn't revert that change. That's OK! You can switch to the 64-bit client now. You can do so either by agreeing to the request from the LOTRO Launcher application to do it for you; or you can quit out of the LOTRO Launcher application, change that line in your UserPreferences.ini file back to GameClientType=3, then relaunch the LOTRO Launcher application.

I'm eagerly anticipating your next report.

edit: Please tell me if WINE 7 installed LOTRO into ~/Library or into ~/.wine.
    Still no luck, unfortunately.

Here's what happened:

Tried to get the details, but the window disappeared at some point.

Thanks again for all your help!

EDIT: It installed into ~/.wine.

Still no luck, unfortunately.

Here's what happened:

Tried to get the details, but the window disappeared at some point.
    Did this happen when you attempted to launch the LOTRO Launcher application? After the LOTRO Launcher application launched and you entered your credentials? After you chose a server and clicked the PLAY button?

Please look inside */StandingStoneGames/The Lord of the Rings Online and confirm that there is a file called lotrobrowserhelper.exe there, and that there is not a file called lotrobrowserhelper64.exe there.

Please look inside */StandingStoneGames/The Lord of the Rings Online/x64 and confirm there is file called lotrobrowserhelper.exe there, and a file called lotrobrowserhelper64.exe there.

Did this happen when you attempted to launch the LOTRO Launcher application? After the LOTRO Launcher application launched and you entered your credentials? After you chose a server and clicked the PLAY button?
    After I chose a server and clicked the PLAY button. Also, after receiving that error message I am no longer able to open the launcher application at all...

Please look inside */StandingStoneGames/The Lord of the Rings Online and confirm that there is a file called lotrobrowserhelper.exe there, and that there is not a file called lotrobrowserhelper64.exe there.

Please look inside */StandingStoneGames/The Lord of the Rings Online/x64 and confirm there is file called lotrobrowserhelper.exe there, and a file called lotrobrowserhelper64.exe there.
    */StandingStoneGames/The Lord of the Rings Online ONLY has lotrobrowserhelper.exe
    */StandingStoneGames/The Lord of the Rings Online/x64 ONLY has lotrobrowserhelper64.exe

Should the /x64 folder also have lotrobrowserhelper.exe?

Should the /x64 folder also have lotrobrowserhelper.exe?
    Yes. That is the case for both my Monterey/Crossover install and my Mojave/WINE 7 install. Your install missing that file in that location might be the problem.

I don't know for sure if the lotrobrowserhelper.exe file which is in */StandingStoneGames/The Lord of the Rings Online is identical (in content) to the lotrobrowserhelper.exe in */StandingStoneGames/The Lord of the Rings Online/x64. But here is something to try, it can't break anything, worst case scenario is the game continues to fail to launch (possibly with different symptoms) but best case is that this will fix you up:
    Make a copy of */StandingStoneGames/The Lord of the Rings Online/lotrobrowserhelper.exe. Move the copy into */StandingStoneGames/The Lord of the Rings Online/x64. Rename the copy to lotrobrowserhelper.exe – an easier way is to option-drag lotrobrowserhelper.exe from */StandingStoneGames/The Lord of the Rings Online to */StandingStoneGames/The Lord of the Rings Online/x64 but whatever, get it in there any way you like.

Then try running the game, then report back here.

Yes. That is the case for both my Monterey/Crossover install and my Mojave/WINE 7 install. Your install missing that file in that location might be the problem.

I don't know for sure if the lotrobrowserhelper.exe file which is in */StandingStoneGames/The Lord of the Rings Online is identical (in content) to the lotrobrowserhelper.exe in */StandingStoneGames/The Lord of the Rings Online/x64. But here is something to try, it can't break anything, worst case scenario is the game continues to fail to launch (possibly with different symptoms) but best case is that this will fix you up:
    Make a copy of */StandingStoneGames/The Lord of the Rings Online/lotrobrowserhelper.exe. Move the copy into */StandingStoneGames/The Lord of the Rings Online/x64. Rename the copy to lotrobrowserhelper.exe – an easier way is to option-drag lotrobrowserhelper.exe from */StandingStoneGames/The Lord of the Rings Online to */StandingStoneGames/The Lord of the Rings Online/x64 but whatever, get it in there any way you like.

Then try running the game, then report back here.
    Still nothing. It seems like the first time the error occurred, something changed because since then I haven't been able to run the launcher at all. Maybe if I could get the launcher running again, the browserhelper problem would be fixed?

So I have been feeling a little self-conscious and wanted to offer some proof that I am actually running the game in MacOS 10.14.6 Mojave using WINE 7.

Here is a screenshot showing my 2019 21.5" i3 iMac booted into Mojave:

Here is a screenshot showing that my UserPreferences.ini file is set to use the 64-bit client:

Here is a screenshot showing that I am using WINE 7:

Here is a screenshot showing that I can successfully launch the LOTRO Launcher application:

I will note that it took about 10 seconds from the moment I clicked on the LotroLauncher.exe icon in my Dock to the appearance of the LOTRO Launcher application. I don't remember it being that long under WINE before last week's LOTRO patch and it is definitely not that long under Crossover even after that patch. This extra time might be related to the issue you are experiencing even if whatever is happening is not causing a failure on my system.

Here is a screenshot showing that I can successfully reach the character creation/selection screen:

Here is a screenshot showing that I can successfully enter the game world with a character:

I know this doesn't really help but I wanted to assure you that, if it will run on my system, it should run on yours. We just have to track down what's causing the symptom you are reporting.

Still nothing. It seems like the first time the error occurred, something changed because since then I haven't been able to run the launcher at all. Maybe if I could get the launcher running again, the browserhelper problem would be fixed?
    Please log out of your Mac user account, then log back in. After that, try to run the game again. If still unsuccessful, please delete the lotrobrowserhelper.exe file which we placed into */StandingStoneGames/The Lord of the Rings Online/x64.

----------
    edit: DO NOT DO THE THINGS IN THE REST OF THIS MESSAGE BELOW THIS LINE. At least not yet, for now please skip ahead to Message #75 instead.
    ----------
    Let's try an older version of WINE. This is absolutely my last choice, if I could think of something else to try first we would do that other thing. But it is possible that some of the new or changed components introduced to the LOTRO install in last week's patch (such as lotrobrowserhelper.exe) are somehow incompatible with something in WINE 7. (It also isn't fully sensible that it's working on multiples of my systems and not on yours, but... I am running out of ideas and at least this gives us something to try.)

The easiest way to test this is to leave your installation of WINE 7 in your current Mac user account alone and create a new Mac user account into which we will install an older version of WINE. With the exception of the Wine Stable or Wine application in your /Applications folder, no part of WINE gets put in any of your root directories – just in the directories of the user active at the time it is installed (well, that's how it works by default but you'd have to know what you're doing and do it on purpose for it to be installed in some other way). If the test works, we can uninstall WINE 7 in your primary user account and then install the older version of WINE there. If the test doesn't work out, we can go right back to trying to do something with LOTRO and WINE 7.

A- Prep.
    1- Create a new Mac user account. Be sure it has "Allow user to administer this computer" checked and that a password is set for the account.
    2- Go into your ~/.wine folder and find the StandingStoneGames folder wherever it's nested (probably in *drive_c/Program Files (x86).
    3- COPY (by a simple option-drag between Finder windows) the StandingStoneGames folder from the above location to your boot volume's /Users/Shared folder.
    4- COPY (by a simple option-drag between Finder windows) the The Lord of the Rings Online folder located in your ~/Documents folder to your boot volume's /Users/Shared folder.
    5- Log out of your primary user account and log in to the new user account.
    6- COPY (by a simple option-drag between Finder windows) your The Lord of the Rings Online folder from your boot volume's /Users/Shared folder to your new user account's ~/Documents folder.

B- We can install either WINE 5 which has a simple MacOS .pkg installer available, or WINE 6 which is best installed via Homebrew. Let's try WINE 5 first, that is both faster and easier because installing anything other than the most recent release version of a software package via Homebrew isn't as simple as it should be.
    1- Download the WINE 5 for MacOS .pkg installer here:
    https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/ma...stable-5.0.pkg
    2- This is a pretty normal MacOS installer, just run it and let it do its thing. You might be asked to enter your password or grant some permissions via System Preferences; do so if requested.
    3- When done, log out of your new Mac user account and then log back into it.

C- Getting LOTRO into your new Mac user folder.
    1- Look in the /Users/Shared folder for the StandingStoneGames folder.
    2- Using a simple option-drag between Finder windows, COPY the StandingStoneGames folder from the /Users/Shared folder to your new Mac user account's ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86) folder.

D- Testing time:
    1- Still logged into your new Mac user account, go to ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/StandingStoneGames/The Lord of the Rings Online/LotroLauncher.exe and double-click on that file. That should launch the Wine Stable or Wine application (I don't recall which name WINE 5 uses for its application launcher) which will run the LOTRO Launcher application.
    2- The game should run. If so, great! Please get into the game and test a bit, then report back here.
    3- If the game fails to run, please go into your ~/Documents/The Lord of the Rings Online/UserPreferences.ini file (remember, this is your new user account) and edit the file so that GameClientType=1. Save your changes, quit out of TextEdit, then try to run the game again. (We do this step if the game failed to run in D2 because it is possible that WINE 5 will not be able to run the 64-bit client but might be able to run the 32-bit client.) If it fails again, report that. If it is successful, get in and do a little testing then report back. (If successful, we should be able to use WINE 6 to allow you to run the 64-bit client and avoid the problem SSG introduced with last week's patch).
    Last edited by Tralfazz; Jun 04 2022 at 12:51 AM.

K, so I restarted my computer and tried again, and this time the launcher worked again! I was actually able to login AND launch the game, but I still got the same error message popup when I hit "play". I got it again when I clicked "enter middle-earth," but the game seemed to work just fine! The only issue was with the in-game store. when I tried opening that it didn't work (blank in-game window opened).

Definitely seems like we're making progress here!

I did get a chance to grab the details from the error message, in case that helps anything:
    Code:
    Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0x0000000000000020 in 64-bit code (0x00000000094e7bf2).
    Register dump:
     rip:00000000094e7bf2 rsp:00000000098ffde0 rbp:0000000000000000 eflags:00010246 (  R- --  I  Z- -P- )
     rax:0000000000000000 rbx:0000000000000001 rcx:0000000000000000 rdx:00000000098ffdc8
     rsi:0000000000000000 rdi:0000000000000000  r8:0000000009588a80  r9:0000000009588a88 r10:00000000001409f0
     r11:0000000000000000 r12:0000000000000000 r13:0000000000000000 r14:0000000000000000 r15:0000000000000000
    Stack dump:
    0x00000000098ffde0:  0000000000000000 0000000000000000
    0x00000000098ffdf0:  0000000000000000 0000000000000000
    0x00000000098ffe00:  00000000001408d0 00000000094cdebe
    0x00000000098ffe10:  0000000000000000 0000000000000000
    0x00000000098ffe20:  0000000000000000 0000000000000000
    0x00000000098ffe30:  0000000000000000 000000007b62c6e9
    0x00000000098ffe40:  0000000000000000 0000000000000000
    0x00000000098ffe50:  0000000000000000 0000000000000000
    0x00000000098ffe60:  0000000000000000 00000001700595f3
    0x00000000098ffe70:  0000000000000000 0000000000000000
    0x00000000098ffe80:  0000000000000000 0000000000000000
    0x00000000098ffe90:  0000000000000000 0000000000000000
    Backtrace:
    =>0 0x00000000094e7bf2 in vk_swiftshader (+0x2e7bf2) (0x0000000000000000)
      1 0x00000000094cdebe in vk_swiftshader (+0x2cdebe) (0x0000000000000000)
      2 0x000000007b62c6e9 ActivateActCtx+0x20b69() in kernel32 (0x0000000000000000)
      3 0x00000001700595f3 A_SHAFinal+0x377f3() in ntdll (0x0000000000000000)
    0x00000000094e7bf2 vk_swiftshader+0x2e7bf2: movq	0x0000000000000020(%rax),%rcx
    Modules:
    Module	Address					Debug info	Name (369 modules)
    ELF	0000000000002000-0000000000006000	Deferred        <wine-loader>
    PE	0000000000250000-0000000000382000	Deferred        chrome_elf
    PE	00000000085f0000-0000000008aa2000	Deferred        d3dcompiler_47
    PE	0000000008ab0000-00000000090bc000	Deferred        libglesv2
    PE	00000000090c0000-000000000912d000	Deferred        libegl
    PE	0000000009130000-00000000091fc000	Deferred        vulkan-1
    PE	0000000009200000-00000000095d4000	Export          vk_swiftshader
    ELF	0000000068007000-0000000068098000	Deferred        ntdll.so
    PE	00000000680f7000-00000000680fc000	Deferred        libwine.1.dylib
    ELF	00000000680fc000-00000000680fe000	Deferred        netapi32.so
    ELF	0000000068716000-000000006871c000	Deferred        ws2_32.so
    ELF	000000006871c000-0000000068721000	Deferred        dnsapi.so
    ELF	0000000068721000-0000000068761000	Deferred        dxgi<elf>
      \-PE	0000000068730000-0000000068760000	\               dxgi
    ELF	0000000068761000-0000000068769000	Deferred        secur32.so
    ELF	0000000068769000-0000000068770000	Deferred        crypt32.so
    ELF	0000000068770000-000000006877b000	Deferred        bcrypt.so
    ELF	000000006877b000-0000000068781000	Deferred        dwrite.so
    ELF	0000000068781000-0000000068787000	Deferred        winspool.so
    PE	0000000068792000-00000000687a6000	Deferred        libz.1.2.11.dylib
    PE	00000000687a6000-00000000687bb000	Deferred        libbz2.1.0.8.dylib
    PE	00000000687bb000-00000000687e7000	Deferred        libpng16.16.dylib
    PE	00000000687e7000-00000000687f3000	Deferred        libbrotlidec.1.0.9.dylib
    ELF	000000006b200000-000000006b2e0000	Deferred        win32u.so
    ELF	000000006b2e0000-000000006b46e000	Deferred        wined3d<elf>
      \-PE	000000006b2f0000-000000006b467000	\               wined3d
    PE	000000006b46e000-000000006b512000	Deferred        libfreetype.6.dylib
    PE	000000006b512000-000000006b534000	Deferred        libbrotlicommon.1.0.9.dylib
    ELF	000000006d16c000-000000006d214000	Deferred        winemac<elf>
      \-PE	000000006d180000-000000006d207000	\               winemac
    PE	000000006d3a3000-000000006d3aa000	Deferred        libobjc-trampolines.dylib
    PE	000000006d6dd000-000000006d86d000	Deferred        libgnutls.30.dylib
    PE	000000006d86d000-000000006d9ce000	Deferred        libp11-kit.0.dylib
    PE	000000006d9ce000-000000006d9f0000	Deferred        libidn2.0.dylib
    PE	000000006d9f0000-000000006da00000	Deferred        libtasn1.6.dylib
    PE	000000006da00000-000000006da50000	Deferred        libhogweed.6.4.dylib
    PE	000000006e266000-000000006e406000	Deferred        libunistring.2.dylib
    PE	000000006e406000-000000006e459000	Deferred        libnettle.8.4.dylib
    PE	000000006e459000-000000006e4d7000	Deferred        libgmp.10.dylib
    PE	000000006e4d7000-000000006e4e6000	Deferred        libintl.8.dylib
    PE	000000006e4e6000-000000006e4ef000	Deferred        libffi.8.dylib
    ELF	000000006e601000-000000006e603000	Deferred        kerberos.so
    ELF	000000007a800000-000000007a960000	Deferred        opengl32<elf>
      \-PE	000000007a810000-000000007a959000	\               opengl32
    PE	000000007b000000-000000007b0d5000	Deferred        kernelbase
    PE	000000007b600000-000000007b812000	Export          kernel32
    ELF	000000007d400000-000000007d405000	Deferred        <wine-loader>
    PE	0000000140000000-0000000140066000	Deferred        lotrobrowserhelper64
    PE	0000000170000000-000000017009a000	Export          ntdll
    PE	0000000180000000-000000018a228000	Deferred        libcef
    PE	00000001c4ee0000-00000001c4f10000	Deferred        winspool
    PE	00000001c69e0000-00000001c72fc000	Deferred        shell32
    PE	00000001c8b40000-00000001c8b60000	Deferred        msacm32
    PE	00000001c8db0000-00000001c8e47000	Deferred        msvcrt
    PE	00000001cfdf0000-00000001cfe13000	Deferred        dxva2
    PE	00000001d97a0000-00000001d97a7000	Deferred        api-ms-win-core-fibers-l1-1-1
    PE	00000001dd3f0000-00000001dd4bc000	Deferred        crypt32
    PE	00000001ec2b0000-00000001ec2d5000	Deferred        ws2_32
    PE	00000001f51e0000-00000001f51f0000	Deferred        hid
    PE	00000001fdfd0000-00000001fdff8000	Deferred        wintrust
    PE	0000000201cf0000-0000000201d0f000	Deferred        secur32
    PE	000000020fc60000-000000020fcc9000	Deferred        mf
    PE	000000021a7e0000-000000021a855000	Deferred        setupapi
    PE	0000000226310000-0000000226317000	Deferred        api-ms-win-core-string-l1-1-0
    PE	0000000228450000-000000022847b000	Deferred        propsys
    PE	0000000231ae0000-0000000231b62000	Deferred        rpcrt4
    PE	000000023d820000-000000023da68000	Deferred        user32
    PE	0000000240030000-000000024005d000	Deferred        iphlpapi
    PE	0000000241850000-0000000241857000	Deferred        api-ms-win-crt-environment-l1-1-0
    PE	000000024f470000-000000024f48f000	Deferred        mpr
    PE	00000002522e0000-0000000252324000	Deferred        oleacc
    PE	000000025d740000-000000025d74e000	Deferred        dwmapi
    PE	0000000262250000-0000000262259000	Deferred        api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0
    PE	000000026b4c0000-000000026b53a000	Deferred        gdi32
    PE	000000026ed50000-000000026ed69000	Deferred        vcruntime140
    PE	00000002739c0000-0000000273af6000	Deferred        oleaut32
    PE	0000000274a50000-0000000274a5d000	Deferred        kerberos
    PE	000000027ab80000-000000027ab8b000	Deferred        cfgmgr32
    PE	000000028ba60000-000000028ba67000	Deferred        api-ms-win-crt-time-l1-1-0
    PE	000000028dfa0000-000000028dfac000	Deferred        nsi
    PE	00000002967b0000-00000002967e5000	Deferred        d3d9
    PE	000000029cfc0000-000000029cfd6000	Deferred        dnsapi
    PE	000000029ea80000-000000029ea87000	Deferred        api-ms-win-core-datetime-l1-1-1
    PE	00000002a4090000-00000002a409e000	Deferred        wtsapi32
    PE	00000002a9540000-00000002a9548000	Deferred        usp10
    PE	00000002bb750000-00000002bb88f000	Deferred        comctl32
    PE	00000002cc880000-00000002cc88c000	Deferred        wevtapi
    PE	00000002cd450000-00000002cd4b7000	Deferred        d3d11
    PE	00000002d23f0000-00000002d2417000	Deferred        credui
    PE	00000002d4d40000-00000002d4d56000	Deferred        bcrypt
    PE	00000002e3540000-00000002e3591000	Deferred        shlwapi
    PE	00000002e8f10000-00000002e902b000	Deferred        ole32
    PE	00000002f1fa0000-00000002f1fad000	Deferred        version
    PE	00000002f3920000-00000002f3930000	Deferred        esent
    PE	00000002f7230000-00000002f725e000	Deferred        uxtheme
    PE	00000002f7f20000-00000002f7f2c000	Deferred        vcruntime140_1
    PE	00000002fa030000-00000002fa037000	Deferred        api-ms-win-core-localization-obsolete-l1-2-0
    PE	000000030a2c0000-000000030a2c9000	Deferred        api-ms-win-crt-stdio-l1-1-0
    PE	000000030a950000-000000030a9c2000	Deferred        dwrite
    PE	000000030c980000-000000030c988000	Deferred        api-ms-win-core-synch-l1-2-0
    PE	00000003126f0000-0000000312709000	Deferred        shcore
    PE	0000000316370000-000000031637b000	Deferred        psapi
    PE	000000031f800000-000000031f8ff000	Deferred        comdlg32
    PE	0000000327020000-0000000327073000	Deferred        combase
    PE	000000032a700000-000000032a729000	Deferred        sechost
    PE	0000000330260000-000000033029f000	Deferred        advapi32
    PE	0000000330a70000-0000000330a81000	Deferred        uiautomationcore
    PE	0000000335260000-0000000335272000	Deferred        rtworkq
    PE	000000033ea00000-000000033ea09000	Deferred        api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0
    PE	00000003422e0000-000000034237c000	Deferred        urlmon
    PE	0000000346ba0000-0000000346bc1000	Deferred        jsproxy
    PE	0000000351680000-0000000351688000	Deferred        api-ms-win-core-localization-l1-2-1
    PE	0000000355100000-0000000355107000	Deferred        api-ms-win-crt-locale-l1-1-0
    PE	0000000358120000-0000000358163000	Deferred        winhttp
    PE	0000000360a80000-0000000360a8a000	Deferred        api-ms-win-crt-math-l1-1-0
    PE	0000000360e10000-0000000360ea1000	Deferred        msvcp140
    PE	00000003673d0000-00000003673f8000	Deferred        netapi32
    PE	0000000375610000-0000000375648000	Deferred        win32u
    PE	00000003871c0000-000000038720d000	Deferred        concrt140
    PE	0000000388e20000-0000000388e2e000	Deferred        userenv
    PE	000000039b510000-000000039b518000	Deferred        api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0
    PE	00000003a0440000-00000003a04c3000	Deferred        wininet
    PE	00000003a19e0000-00000003a19ee000	Deferred        ncrypt
    PE	00000003a6d40000-00000003a6da1000	Deferred        mfplat
    PE	00000003aa4c0000-00000003aa4cc000	Deferred        dhcpcsvc
    PE	00000003af670000-00000003af730000	Deferred        ucrtbase
    PE	00000003afd00000-00000003afd1a000	Deferred        imm32
    PE	00000003b8f00000-00000003b8fc1000	Deferred        winmm
    PE	00000003bb250000-00000003bb358000	Deferred        cryptui
    PE	00000003be590000-00000003be604000	Deferred        dbghelp
    PE	00007fff4932e000-00007fff4a102000	Deferred        appleintelkblgraphicsgldriver
    PE	00007fff4cf40000-00007fff4cf41000	Deferred        accelerate
    PE	00007fff4cf41000-00007fff4cf58000	Deferred        libcginterfaces.dylib
    PE	00007fff4cf58000-00007fff4d84d000	Deferred        vimage
    PE	00007fff4d5f2000-00007fff4d799000	Deferred        libblas.dylib
    PE	00007fff4d86c000-00007fff4d8b1000	Deferred        libbnns.dylib
    PE	00007fff4d8df000-00007fff4dc98000	Deferred        liblapack.dylib
    PE	00007fff4dc89000-00007fff4dc9f000	Deferred        liblinearalgebra.dylib
    PE	00007fff4dc9f000-00007fff4dca5000	Deferred        libquadrature.dylib
    PE	00007fff4dca5000-00007fff4dd22000	Deferred        libsparse.dylib
    PE	00007fff4dd22000-00007fff4dd35000	Deferred        libsparseblas.dylib
    PE	00007fff4dd36000-00007fff4ded7000	Deferred        libvdsp.dylib
    PE	00007fff4df1e000-00007fff4e093000	Deferred        libvmisc.dylib
    PE	00007fff4df1e000-00007fff4e093000	Deferred        veclib
    PE	00007fff4e174000-00007fff4ef2a000	Deferred        appkit
    PE	00007fff4ef7b000-00007fff4ef7c000	Deferred        applicationservices
    PE	00007fff4ef7c000-00007fff4efe8000	Deferred        ats
    PE	00007fff4f080000-00007fff4f198000	Deferred        libfontparser.dylib
    PE	00007fff4f198000-00007fff4f1db000	Deferred        libfontregistry.dylib
    PE	00007fff4f234000-00007fff4f267000	Deferred        libtruetypescaler.dylib
    PE	00007fff4f2cb000-00007fff4f2d0000	Deferred        colorsynclegacy
    PE	00007fff4f36a000-00007fff4f3bd000	Deferred        hiservices
    PE	00007fff4f3bd000-00007fff4f3cd000	Deferred        langanalysis
    PE	00007fff4f3cd000-00007fff4f417000	Deferred        printcore
    PE	00007fff4f417000-00007fff4f451000	Deferred        qd
    PE	00007fff4f451000-00007fff4f45e000	Deferred        speechsynthesis
    PE	00007fff4f45e000-00007fff4f6d6000	Deferred        audiotoolbox
    PE	00007fff4f6d7000-00007fff4f6d8000	Deferred        audiounit
    PE	00007fff4fa30000-00007fff4fdd3000	Deferred        cfnetwork
    PE	00007fff4fde7000-00007fff4fde8000	Deferred        carbon
    PE	00007fff4fde8000-00007fff4fdec000	Deferred        commonpanels
    PE	00007fff4fdec000-00007fff500e4000	Deferred        hitoolbox
    PE	00007fff500e4000-00007fff500e8000	Deferred        help
    PE	00007fff500e8000-00007fff500ee000	Deferred        imagecapture
    PE	00007fff500ee000-00007fff50184000	Deferred        ink
    PE	00007fff50184000-00007fff5019d000	Deferred        openscripting
    PE	00007fff501bc000-00007fff501be000	Deferred        print
    PE	00007fff501be000-00007fff501c1000	Deferred        securityhi
    PE	00007fff501c1000-00007fff501c8000	Deferred        speechrecognition
    PE	00007fff502f7000-00007fff50447000	Deferred        colorsync
    PE	00007fff505d2000-00007fff50659000	Deferred        coreaudio
    PE	00007fff506bc000-00007fff506e7000	Deferred        corebluetooth
    PE	00007fff506e7000-00007fff50a7b000	Deferred        coredisplay
    PE	00007fff506e7000-00007fff50a7b000	Deferred        coredata
    PE	00007fff50b5e000-00007fff50fa5000	Deferred        corefoundation
    PE	00007fff50fa6000-00007fff51654000	Deferred        coregraphics
    PE	00007fff51638000-00007fff51959000	Deferred        coreimage
    PE	00007fff51db6000-00007fff51db7000	Deferred        coreservices
    PE	00007fff51db7000-00007fff51e34000	Deferred        ae
    PE	00007fff51e34000-00007fff5210c000	Deferred        carboncore
    PE	00007fff5210c000-00007fff52155000	Deferred        dictionaryservices
    PE	00007fff52155000-00007fff5215e000	Deferred        fsevents
    PE	00007fff5215e000-00007fff52310000	Deferred        launchservices
    PE	00007fff52310000-00007fff523af000	Deferred        metadata
    PE	00007fff523af000-00007fff523fa000	Deferred        osservices
    PE	00007fff523fa000-00007fff52462000	Deferred        searchkit
    PE	00007fff52462000-00007fff52484000	Deferred        sharedfilelist
    PE	00007fff5278e000-00007fff528f3000	Deferred        coretext
    PE	00007fff528f3000-00007fff52934000	Deferred        corevideo
    PE	00007fff52934000-00007fff529c4000	Deferred        corewlan
    PE	00007fff52c1a000-00007fff52c20000	Deferred        diskarbitration
    PE	00007fff52de6000-00007fff53195000	Deferred        foundation
    PE	00007fff53203000-00007fff53233000	Deferred        gss
    PE	00007fff53332000-00007fff5343d000	Deferred        iobluetooth
    PE	00007fff5349f000-00007fff5352f000	Deferred        iokit
    PE	00007fff53530000-00007fff53540000	Deferred        iosurface
    PE	00007fff53593000-00007fff53725000	Deferred        imageio
    PE	00007fff53721000-00007fff53726000	Deferred        libgif.dylib
    PE	00007fff53726000-00007fff53804000	Deferred        libjp2.dylib
    PE	00007fff53726000-00007fff53804000	Deferred        libjpeg.dylib
    PE	00007fff53afe000-00007fff53b25000	Deferred        libpng.dylib
    PE	00007fff53b25000-00007fff53b28000	Deferred        libradiance.dylib
    PE	00007fff53b28000-00007fff53b76000	Deferred        libtiff.dylib
    PE	00007fff54ce8000-00007fff54d02000	Deferred        kerberos
    PE	00007fff5571d000-00007fff557c6000	Deferred        metal
    PE	00007fff557e1000-00007fff55801000	Deferred        mpscore
    PE	00007fff55801000-00007fff5587e000	Deferred        mpsimage
    PE	00007fff5587e000-00007fff558a6000	Deferred        mpsmatrix
    PE	00007fff558a6000-00007fff559d2000	Deferred        mpsneuralnetwork
    PE	00007fff559d2000-00007fff559ed000	Deferred        mpsrayintersector
    PE	00007fff559ed000-00007fff559ef000	Deferred        metalperformanceshaders
    PE	00007fff567ec000-00007fff567f9000	Deferred        netfs
    PE	00007fff5928d000-00007fff59296000	Deferred        libcldcpuengine.dylib
    PE	00007fff59296000-00007fff592ee000	Deferred        opencl
    PE	00007fff592ee000-00007fff5930a000	Deferred        cfopendirectory
    PE	00007fff5930a000-00007fff59316000	Deferred        opendirectory
    PE	00007fff59c65000-00007fff59c68000	Deferred        libcvmspluginsupport.dylib
    PE	00007fff59c68000-00007fff59c6e000	Deferred        libcorefscache.dylib
    PE	00007fff59c6e000-00007fff59c73000	Deferred        libcorevmclient.dylib
    PE	00007fff59c73000-00007fff59c7c000	Deferred        libgfxshared.dylib
    PE	00007fff59c7c000-00007fff59c88000	Deferred        libgl.dylib
    PE	00007fff59c88000-00007fff59cc3000	Deferred        libglimage.dylib
    PE	00007fff59cc3000-00007fff59e36000	Deferred        libglprogrammability.dylib
    PE	00007fff59e36000-00007fff59e75000	Deferred        libglu.dylib
    PE	00007fff5a811000-00007fff5a821000	Deferred        opengl
    PE	00007fff5a821000-00007fff5a9b9000	Deferred        glengine
    PE	00007fff5a9b9000-00007fff5a9e3000	Deferred        glrendererfloat
    PE	00007fff5b62a000-00007fff5b882000	Deferred        quartzcore
    PE	00007fff5c0b9000-00007fff5c3bb000	Deferred        security
    PE	00007fff5c3bb000-00007fff5c448000	Deferred        securityfoundation
    PE	00007fff5c479000-00007fff5c47e000	Deferred        servicemanagement
    PE	00007fff5c816000-00007fff5c884000	Deferred        systemconfiguration
    PE	00007fff5fabf000-00007fff5fb65000	Deferred        apfs
    PE	00007fff60579000-00007fff6057b000	Deferred        aggregatedictionary
    PE	00007fff60b5a000-00007fff60b87000	Deferred        apple80211
    PE	00007fff60cae000-00007fff60cbe000	Deferred        applefscompression
    PE	00007fff60db9000-00007fff60dc5000	Deferred        appleidauthsupport
    PE	00007fff60e05000-00007fff60e4f000	Deferred        applejpeg
    PE	00007fff610a2000-00007fff610c5000	Deferred        applesauce
    PE	00007fff61223000-00007fff61238000	Deferred        assertionservices
    PE	00007fff61607000-00007fff616f4000	Deferred        authkit
    PE	00007fff618b5000-00007fff618be000	Deferred        backgroundtaskmanagement
    PE	00007fff618be000-00007fff61954000	Deferred        backup
    PE	00007fff61954000-00007fff619c2000	Deferred        baseboard
    PE	00007fff6362e000-00007fff63638000	Deferred        commonauth
    PE	00007fff64310000-00007fff64322000	Deferred        coreemoji
    PE	00007fff648cb000-00007fff64932000	Deferred        corenlp
    PE	00007fff64bde000-00007fff64be7000	Deferred        corephonenumbers
    PE	00007fff64d62000-00007fff64d94000	Deferred        coreservicesinternal
    PE	00007fff6515a000-00007fff651df000	Deferred        coresymbolication
    PE	00007fff6526e000-00007fff6539a000	Deferred        coreui
    PE	00007fff6539a000-00007fff6553b000	Deferred        coreutils
    PE	00007fff6558e000-00007fff655f2000	Deferred        corewifi
    PE	00007fff655f2000-00007fff65604000	Deferred        crashreportersupport
    PE	00007fff65693000-00007fff656a3000	Deferred        dfrfoundation
    PE	00007fff656a3000-00007fff656a8000	Deferred        dsexternaldisplay
    PE	00007fff65728000-00007fff6579e000	Deferred        datadetectorscore
    PE	00007fff657e9000-00007fff65827000	Deferred        debugsymbols
    PE	00007fff65827000-00007fff65963000	Deferred        desktopservicespriv
    PE	00007fff668a9000-00007fff66cc5000	Deferred        facecore
    PE	00007fff6bc0d000-00007fff6bc19000	Deferred        libgpusupportmercury.dylib
    PE	00007fff6bc19000-00007fff6bc1f000	Deferred        gpuwrangler
    PE	00007fff6ca2a000-00007fff6ca3a000	Deferred        graphvisualizer
    PE	00007fff6cb9f000-00007fff6cc14000	Deferred        heimdal
    PE	00007fff6df1e000-00007fff6df26000	Deferred        ioaccelerator
    PE	00007fff6df29000-00007fff6df42000	Deferred        iopresentment
    PE	00007fff6e2e9000-00007fff6e317000	Deferred        iconservices
    PE	00007fff6e5a9000-00007fff6e5bc000	Deferred        keychaincircle
    PE	00007fff6e5d6000-00007fff6e6b2000	Deferred        languagemodeling
    PE	00007fff6e6b2000-00007fff6e6ef000	Deferred        lexicon
    PE	00007fff6e6f5000-00007fff6e6fb000	Deferred        linguisticdata
    PE	00007fff6f3f0000-00007fff6f419000	Deferred        metadatautilities
    PE	00007fff6f419000-00007fff6f4a7000	Deferred        metaltools
    PE	00007fff6f7cd000-00007fff6f7e9000	Deferred        mobilekeybag
    PE	00007fff6f871000-00007fff6f89c000	Deferred        multitouchsupport
    PE	00007fff6fad7000-00007fff6fae2000	Deferred        netauth
    PE	00007fff70343000-00007fff70395000	Deferred        otsvg
    PE	00007fff7152e000-00007fff7153e000	Deferred        performanceanalysis
    PE	00007fff733cf000-00007fff733ee000	Deferred        protocolbuffer
    PE	00007fff73585000-00007fff735d6000	Deferred        rockit
    PE	00007fff7372f000-00007fff73752000	Deferred        remoteviewservices
    PE	00007fff74f5b000-00007fff7507a000	Deferred        sharing
    PE	00007fff75e8e000-00007fff7613e000	Deferred        skylight
    PE	00007fff768e1000-00007fff768ee000	Deferred        speechrecognitioncore
    PE	00007fff7703e000-00007fff770ca000	Deferred        symbolication
    PE	00007fff775af000-00007fff775bc000	Deferred        tcc
    PE	00007fff77821000-00007fff778ea000	Deferred        textureio
    PE	00007fff7799f000-00007fff779a1000	Deferred        trustevaluationagent
    PE	00007fff779a6000-00007fff77b5f000	Deferred        uifoundation
    PE	00007fff787da000-00007fff788b4000	Deferred        viewbridge
    PE	00007fff7908b000-00007fff7908f000	Deferred        xcttargetbootstrap
    PE	00007fff7948f000-00007fff79492000	Deferred        loginsupport
    PE	00007fff7975b000-00007fff79790000	Deferred        libcrfsuite.dylib
    PE	00007fff79792000-00007fff7979d000	Deferred        libchinesetokenizer.dylib
    PE	00007fff7982a000-00007fff7982c000	Deferred        libdiagnosticmessagesclient.dylib
    PE	00007fff79862000-00007fff79aba000	Deferred        libfosl_dynamic.dylib
    PE	00007fff79b0a000-00007fff79b2a000	Deferred        libmobilegestalt.dylib
    PE	00007fff79b2a000-00007fff79b2b000	Deferred        libopenscriptingutil.dylib
    PE	00007fff79c6a000-00007fff79c6c000	Deferred        libsystem.b.dylib
    PE	00007fff79ce7000-00007fff79ce9000	Deferred        libthaitokenizer.dylib
    PE	00007fff79cfa000-00007fff79d11000	Deferred        libapple_nghttp2.dylib
    PE	00007fff79d11000-00007fff79d3b000	Deferred        libarchive.2.dylib
    PE	00007fff79d3b000-00007fff79e3b000	Deferred        libate.dylib
    PE	00007fff79d3b000-00007fff79e3b000	Deferred        libauto.dylib
    PE	00007fff79e90000-00007fff79ea1000	Deferred        libbsm.0.dylib
    PE	00007fff79ea1000-00007fff79eaf000	Deferred        libbz2.1.0.dylib
    PE	00007fff79eaf000-00007fff79f03000	Deferred        libc++.1.dylib
    PE	00007fff79f03000-00007fff79f19000	Deferred        libc++abi.dylib
    PE	00007fff79f19000-00007fff79f1a000	Deferred        libcharset.1.dylib
    PE	00007fff79f1a000-00007fff79f2b000	Deferred        libcmph.dylib
    PE	00007fff79f2b000-00007fff79f44000	Deferred        libcompression.dylib
    PE	00007fff7a1b8000-00007fff7a1cf000	Deferred        libcoretls.dylib
    PE	00007fff7a1cf000-00007fff7a1d1000	Deferred        libcoretls_cfhelpers.dylib
    PE	00007fff7a36e000-00007fff7a467000	Deferred        libcrypto.35.dylib
    PE	00007fff7a67c000-00007fff7a6d3000	Deferred        libcups.2.dylib
    PE	00007fff7a807000-00007fff7a808000	Deferred        libenergytrace.dylib
    PE	00007fff7a839000-00007fff7a83f000	Deferred        libgermantok.dylib
    PE	00007fff7a83f000-00007fff7a845000	Deferred        libheimdal-asn1.dylib
    PE	00007fff7a86f000-00007fff7a960000	Deferred        libiconv.2.dylib
    PE	00007fff7a960000-00007fff7abc2000	Deferred        libicucore.a.dylib
    PE	00007fff7ac0e000-00007fff7ac10000	Deferred        liblangid.dylib
    PE	00007fff7ac10000-00007fff7ac29000	Deferred        liblzma.5.dylib
    PE	00007fff7ac40000-00007fff7ace5000	Deferred        libmecab.1.0.0.dylib
    PE	00007fff7ace5000-00007fff7aeea000	Deferred        libmecabra.dylib
    PE	00007fff7b0c1000-00007fff7b413000	Deferred        libnetwork.dylib
    PE	00007fff7b4a4000-00007fff7bc2d000	Deferred        libobjc.a.dylib
    PE	00007fff7bc3b000-00007fff7bc40000	Deferred        libpam.2.dylib
    PE	00007fff7bc42000-00007fff7bc78000	Deferred        libpcap.a.dylib
    PE	00007fff7bd90000-00007fff7bda9000	Deferred        libresolv.9.dylib
    PE	00007fff7bdfb000-00007fff7bfcd000	Deferred        libsqlite3.dylib
    PE	00007fff7c1f1000-00007fff7c1f5000	Deferred        libutil.dylib
    PE	00007fff7c1f5000-00007fff7c203000	Deferred        libxar.1.dylib
    PE	00007fff7c207000-00007fff7c2eb000	Deferred        libxml2.2.dylib
    PE	00007fff7c2eb000-00007fff7c314000	Deferred        libxslt.1.dylib
    PE	00007fff7c314000-00007fff7c327000	Deferred        libz.1.dylib
    PE	00007fff7cb0a000-00007fff7cb0f000	Deferred        libcache.dylib
    PE	00007fff7cb0f000-00007fff7cb1a000	Deferred        libcommoncrypto.dylib
    PE	00007fff7cb1a000-00007fff7cb22000	Deferred        libcompiler_rt.dylib
    PE	00007fff7cb22000-00007fff7cb2c000	Deferred        libcopyfile.dylib
    PE	00007fff7cb2c000-00007fff7cbb2000	Deferred        libcorecrypto.dylib
    PE	00007fff7cc38000-00007fff7cc72000	Deferred        libdispatch.dylib
    PE	00007fff7cc72000-00007fff7cc9f000	Deferred        libdyld.dylib
    PE	00007fff7cc9f000-00007fff7cca0000	Deferred        libkeymgr.dylib
    PE	00007fff7cca0000-00007fff7ccad000	Deferred        libkxld.dylib
    PE	00007fff7ccad000-00007fff7ccae000	Deferred        liblaunch.dylib
    PE	00007fff7ccae000-00007fff7ccb4000	Deferred        libmacho.dylib
    PE	00007fff7ccb4000-00007fff7ccb7000	Deferred        libquarantine.dylib
    PE	00007fff7ccb7000-00007fff7ccb9000	Deferred        libremovefile.dylib
    PE	00007fff7ccb9000-00007fff7ccd1000	Deferred        libsystem_asl.dylib
    PE	00007fff7ccd1000-00007fff7ccd2000	Deferred        libsystem_blocks.dylib
    PE	00007fff7ccd2000-00007fff7cd5a000	Deferred        libsystem_c.dylib
    PE	00007fff7cd5a000-00007fff7cd5e000	Deferred        libsystem_configuration.dylib
    PE	00007fff7cd5e000-00007fff7cd62000	Deferred        libsystem_coreservices.dylib
    PE	00007fff7cd62000-00007fff7cd69000	Deferred        libsystem_darwin.dylib
    PE	00007fff7cd69000-00007fff7cd70000	Deferred        libsystem_dnssd.dylib
    PE	00007fff7cd70000-00007fff7cdbc000	Deferred        libsystem_info.dylib
    PE	00007fff7cdbc000-00007fff7cde5000	Deferred        libsystem_kernel.dylib
    PE	00007fff7cde5000-00007fff7ce31000	Deferred        libsystem_m.dylib
    PE	00007fff7ce31000-00007fff7ce5c000	Deferred        libsystem_malloc.dylib
    PE	00007fff7ce5c000-00007fff7ce67000	Deferred        libsystem_networkextension.dylib
    PE	00007fff7ce67000-00007fff7ce6f000	Deferred        libsystem_notify.dylib
    PE	00007fff7ce6f000-00007fff7ce79000	Deferred        libsystem_platform.dylib
    PE	00007fff7ce79000-00007fff7ce84000	Deferred        libsystem_pthread.dylib
    PE	00007fff7ce84000-00007fff7ce88000	Deferred        libsystem_sandbox.dylib
    PE	00007fff7ce88000-00007fff7ce8b000	Deferred        libsystem_secinit.dylib
    PE	00007fff7ce8b000-00007fff7ce93000	Deferred        libsystem_symptoms.dylib
    PE	00007fff7ce93000-00007fff7cea9000	Deferred        libsystem_trace.dylib
    PE	00007fff7ceaa000-00007fff7ceb0000	Deferred        libunwind.dylib
    PE	00007fff7ceb0000-00007fff7cee0000	Deferred        libxpc.dylib
    Threads:
    process  tid      prio (all id:s are in hex)
    00000038 services.exe
    	0000003c    0
    	00000040    0
    	0000004c    0
    	0000006c    0
    	00000090    0
    	000000a8    0
    	000000d4    0
    00000044 winedevice.exe
    	00000048    0
    	00000054    0
    	00000058    0
    	0000005c    0
    	00000060    0
    	000000b4    0
    00000064 winedevice.exe
    	00000068    0
    	00000070    0
    	00000074    0
    	00000078    0
    	0000007c    0
    	00000080    0
    	00000084    0
    00000088 plugplay.exe
    	0000008c    0
    	00000094    0
    	00000098    0
    	0000009c    0
    	00000194    0
    	00000198    0
    000000a0 svchost.exe
    	000000a4    0
    	000000ac    0
    	000000b0    0
    000000b8 explorer.exe
    	000000bc    0
    	000000c0    0
    	000000c4    0
    000000cc rpcss.exe
    	000000d0    0
    	000000dc    0
    	000000e0    0
    	000000e4    0
    	000000e8    0
    	000000ec    0
    00000168 lotroclient64.exe
    	0000016c    0
    	00000170    0
    	00000174    0
    	00000178    0
    	00000184    0
    	00000188    0
    	0000018c    0
    	00000190    0
    	0000019c    0
    	000001a0    0
    	000001a4    0
    	000001ac    0
    	000001b0   15
    	000001b4    0
    	000001b8    0
    	000001bc    0
    	000001c0    0
    	000001c4   -2
    	000001c8    0
    	000001cc    0
    	000001d0    0
    	000001d4    0
    	000001d8    0
    	000001dc    0
    	000001e0    0
    	000001e4    0
    	000001e8    0
    	000001ec    0
    	000001f8    0
    	000001fc    0
    	00000200   -2
    	00000204    0
    	00000208    0
    	0000020c   15
    	00000210    0
    	00000214   -2
    	00000218   -2
    	00000228    0
    	0000023c    0
    000001f0 (D) C:\Program Files (x86)\StandingStoneGames\The Lord of the Rings Online\x64\lotrobrowserhelper64.exe
    	000001f4    1
    	0000021c    0
    	0000022c    0 <==
    	00000238    0
    System information:
        Wine build: wine-7.0
        Platform: x86_64
        Version: Windows 7
        Host system: Darwin
        Host version: 18.7.0

K, so I restarted my computer and tried again, and this time the launcher worked again! I was actually able to login AND launch the game, but I still got the same error message popup when I hit "play". I got it again when I clicked "enter middle-earth," but the game seemed to work just fine! The only issue was with the in-game store. when I tried opening that it didn't work (blank in-game window opened).

Definitely seems like we're making progress here!
    OK, well, that is interesting although I can't think of any reason why a restart of your computer would have made a difference.

Very frustrating, and frankly it makes no sense that my systems run without these issues but you two guys are either getting errors related to lotrobrowserhelper64.exe or a complete failure to even launch the launcher app.

Ignore my previous instruction for now, stick with WINE 7. I'm doing a little research and there might be something we can do with winecfg. Since I can't reproduce this problem on my systems it's going to take a bit for me to develop a procedure. Some Linux users have reported good results by forcing the use of a specific component built in to WINE instead of allowing the related component within the LOTRO installation to be used. But they have different tools, I need to see if I can generate the same settings using shell commands in the Terminal or if we need to install something to help us.

Thanks for sticking with this and for your patience. I don't know if I'll have something before tomorrow morning, but I'll try to have something for you as soon as I can.

So here's the fix that has worked for Linux users who were reporting the same symptom as Berynwolf and Athmur. This procedure is designed for WINE 7 installed onto a Mac running MacOS 10.14.6 Mojave. Please note that since I could not reproduce the problem, I could not test if the procedure actually repairs the problem for LOTRO players using a Mac with Mojave and WINE 7. I did perform the procedure and I did test to be sure LOTRO would still run on my system (2019 21.5" i3 iMac booted into Mojave) and it performed exactly the same as it did before I made this change – i.e. perfectly fine. So I need someone to run this procedure on a system experiencing that issue to determine if it has a positive effect.

1- Launch the Terminal.
    2- Go to your /Applications folder in the Finder. Look for the Wine Stable application.
    3- Right-click on the Wine Stable application and choose SHOW PACKAGE CONTENTS.
    4- Click on CONTENTS.
    5- Click on RESOURCES.
    6- Click on WINE.
    7- Click on BIN.
    8- Look for "winecfg".
    9- In the Terminal, type "wine" followed by a single space, then drag "winecfg" into the Terminal window. Doing this will populate that command line of the Terminal with the correct path to "winecfg".
    10- Hit the RETURN key to run the command. The Terminal will generate some text output and then the "Wine configuration" GUI window will appear.
    11- Click on the LIBRARIES tab.
    12- Choose a "New override for library:" by using the scrolling list to find "vulkan-1".
    13- Click the ADD button to the right of the "New override for library:" selector.
    14- Under "Existing overrides:" click on "vulkan-1" – click only once.
    15- Click the EDIT button to the right of the "Existing overrides:" selector.
    16- Click the radio button to the left of "Builtin (Wine)".
    17- Click the OK button at the bottom of the EDIT OVERRIDE window.
    18- Click the APPLY button at the bottom right of the WINE CONFIGURATION window.
    19- Click the OK button at the bottom left of the WINE CONFIGURATION window.
    20- Close the WINE CONFIGURATION window.
    21- Quit out of the Terminal.

Attempt to run the game. If you can get to the LOTRO launcher application, log in. If you can get to the character creation/selection screen, enter the game world with a character. Do a brief performance test including invoking the in-game store interface. Then please report back here with your results.

Please remember that while I performed this procedure, I could not determine whether it would be effective for this problem as it is exhibiting on some people's Macs. So I can't guarantee that it will work for you if you are experiencing this problem and I am relying on you to report back to let me know your results.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast