We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Is there a timer on Instances?

I did an instance yesterday, (Minas Morgul-The Harrowing Of Morgul)

I want to do it again today,
    but when I click "Launch Now", the "TRAVEL now" button is gray. I can't travel!

Is there a 24 hour time or something on it??

Get out of whatever private area you are in. That's pretty much the only reason it would do that. This generally means housing or Beorninghus.

I can't believe none of you numb-nuts replied!?
    I figured it out myself... I went in and created a new Instance. I ran the thing and got to the chest..

I went to open the treasure chest and it said, "6 hours left on timer!!!!!"
    SO yea.. I basically re-did the thing for nothing. Gotta wait 6 hours until you can at least open the chest, and that's what we are there for.

Quote Originally Posted by Guidorocker View Post
    I figured it out myself... I went in and created a new Instance. I ran the thing and got to the chest..

I went to open the treasure chest and it said, "6 hours left on timer!!!!!"
    SO yea.. I basically re-did the thing for nothing. Gotta wait 6 hours until you can at least open the chest, and that's what we are there for.
    Uhm, you're not exactly right..
    Weirdjedi explained to you something that's been happening a lot in LOTRO. Basically the game takes a noticeable amount of time to register you have left the private encounter, and until it does so, your travel button is greyed out. In fact, when you're in that situation you may even hit reddish "invisible" walls that won't let you move far from your position (again, until the game notices you've returned to open world).

Now what you mention is called a chest lock. And they vary by instance and by tier. If you look at your Raid locks panel, there's a tab for chest locks. It'll tell you exactly how many hours to wait. In Harrowing's case, for solo mode/T1 you can only open once a day.

I figured it out myself
    Possibly because you often post the most inane questions that, with a bit of extra attention, you would as you did here. Find the answer yourself. Amazing isn't it.
    "The internet is a bubble dominated by the loudest, most unrepresentative voices; an infinitesimally small minority of a minority which, deaf to reason and the opinions of others, deludes itself that somehow it is the voice of the majority. An infinite echo chamber of shrieking, witless banality."

"Everyone draws the moral line of what's acceptable just slightly below what they're actually doing."

"Er gwaetha pawb a phopeth. Ry'n ni yma o hyd."

I can't believe none of you replied!?
    I'm not sure what I should say. I've been trying to help you with the series of questions that you post. There is a limit on the number of instances you can do in a given hour, but that is not what you were asking in your post. When can you enter an instance, how often you can enter, and wondering when you can loot a chest are three different things. I answered the question, which Laurel expanded on, as vague as possible considering the amount of information you provided. Now I feel like my response wasn't welcomed when you stated a third un-related question. In that case I'll add to Laurel's response that as easily it is to check your raid locks in the social window or type /raid locks to see when you can loot the chest again, it also tells you in the chat log when you can loot the chest again right after obtaining your loot.

My apologies. I am very new to instances.

My apologies. I am very new to instances.
    Ok. More importantly, one needs to learn to not insult the very people one is asking for help.
    Ujest - 140 Lore-master, Opun Tia – 107 Warden, Tummi - 105 Captain, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 66 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly – Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

and Star Citizen…

you type /raid locks
    shows what chests are locked out, timers

wild nobody replied with this

Many people know what we have timer 15 instances per hour, but not many encounter other timer - 100 instances per 24 hours

Quote Originally Posted by friimynd View Post
    you type /raid locks
    shows what chests are locked out, timers

wild nobody replied with this
    Problem is there are raid locks and there are chest locks and the way they are listed on the lock panel is "clear as mud." Add in the locks for running x number of instances per hour and I guess based on the above comment x number of instances per 24 hours and "clear as mud" would be welcome to what we have right now.

Some consistency in locks and how to determine if you have locks would go a long way.

It would be very nice if when starting the instance, one received a lock reminder message before entering the instance. They could even come up with a basic chest at each boss and an enhanced chest that was good once every 24 hours or whatever. It would be even nicer if locks were consistent throughout the game or only existed at current level cap. There are so many different ways this could be handled and locks communicated to the player base. The list of suggestions to improve this system would probably be a very long list and most of the suggestions would be leaps and bounds better than the current "lack of" system.