We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Red guard dps after revamp?

Hi, as title says, anyone has dps parses to share?

How does red guard compare to other dps right now?

Many thanks for the info.

The non responses from the Guardian community says it all. Apart of Brawlers, which I know nothing about, guard dps is at the bottom of the barrel compared to the other classes. Their dps is decent enough for t1/2 but you can forget about getting invited for anything above t3 stuff. Also good luck getting invited to t3 and above HoR when they have a better options in captains. I'm not saying you won't get invited but that you as a guard are not the best option even though we are a true tank class and the captains as support class, is better able to survive higher end instance/raid and provide all kind of other support including rezzing, healing and morale buffs, etc... to the group that guards can't in their tank line.
    Last edited by Technician46; Jan 20 2022 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Technician46 View Post
    The non responses from the Guardian community says it all. Apart of Brawlers, which I know nothing about, guard dps is at the bottom of the barrel compared to the other classes. Their dps is decent enough for t1/2 but you can forget about getting invited for anything above t3 stuff. Also good luck getting invited to t3 and above HoR when they have a better options in captains. I'm not saying you won't get invited but that you as a guard are not the best option even though we are a true tank class and the captains as support class, is better able to survive higher end instance/raid and provide all kind of other support including rezzing, healing and morale buffs, etc... to the group that guards can't in their tank line.
    Thanks mate, well, my main is a captain, but I really like how red guards rotation plays out, so I was wondering if it worth the time and effort to level and gear it up...

Sad news, you won't get invited to HoR as a blue or red cpt, only as yellow.

May be after the big nerfs, red will get a spot since we won't need 3 debuff now (lm, burg, champ), but till now, red cpt wasn't needed.

red guardian dps is in a decent spot. not, as someone said earlier, the bottom of the barrel. i'm personally reaching on a housing dummy unbuffed in a glass build ~285k over 3 minutes, and i am convinced that 300k is possible. a few reasons red guardian is not quite competitive for instance/raid content are that they have not much utility for their lower dps (compared to champs or beornings), and they have to build a good bit more glass than champs since they don't get any crit out of might.

as for ST dps rankings, guardian is clearly above cappy mini and brawler. probably on par with red rk atm (not sure tho haven't seen many parses of them). i also don't have any idea how LMs do ST (i know they are crazy in static AoE fights, but idk what ST numbers they are pulling). burgs will probably do a bit more than guards.

Quote Originally Posted by Technician46 View Post
    I have to disagree, I play a yellow captain and I have completed a T5 Pughlak with me as the tank, a red guard on dps and an RK healing. Red Guards have tons of survivability as dps and can taunt when I stay stun locked in Pughlak which is a common occurrence because cappys stun breakout is ####. A stun and a daze are 2 different things in there, so my rotation is challenge, grey bar, remove wound, grey bar, rally cry, grey bar, rinse and repeat, red guard bleeding things and doing damage and NOT dying.

Thank you both, good points.

So the class it self is viable, unless there is an enrage timer involved in the fight.

The main obstacle then is the meta gaming mindset aka bring only the best class/comp for the given task.

Quote Originally Posted by Cafat View Post
    Thank you both, good points.

So the class it self is viable, unless there is an enrage timer involved in the fight.

The main obstacle then is the meta gaming mindset aka bring only the best class/comp for the given task.
    pretty much any current content should be doable with a red guard as dps, although it is gonna take longer than with a champ/hunter/warden/beorning.
    i don't see the mindset being the obstacle tho, more the fact that SSG decided it'd be a great idea to make 6man fights last as long as they currently do in HoR (very easy and ignorable mechanics, just a disgusting amount of morale on boss 2 and 3, so they will take a while to kill). so i definitely understand that people would much rather run tank/heals/LM/burg/champ/beorning as their group comp instead of replacing the champ or beorning with a red guard, since guards just don't reach the dps of a champ or the dps buffs of a beorning. but at least in regards of tanking, a guard isn't far behind cappies anymore, unlike the start of 130