We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Using Ingredient Crates and Maybe a New One

Many of us spent the LOTRO points and purchased the ingredient crates for our homes. The new crafting recipes for armor, jewelry and weapons do not allow for the use of ingredient packs. Is this by design? We only get the recipes after we buy the expansion and earn them and the crafted items are bound to account. These items only help the account holder, so please consider allowing us to use ingredient packs for the armor, jewelry and weapon items. If you really want to make sure we buy or farm the special shard, that could be a required item in addition to the ingredient packs. The materials cost to make the new items is very high and it is difficult to get the hides and ore to make items unless you have enough high level characters and crafters to farm the materials or an endless supply of ingame gold to purchase the materials. You might even consider making a new ingredient crate we could purchase from the store. It could be a once a week use and grant a pick a special crafting material box.

It's a noble idea, but with the exception of purchasing shards off other players (arguably creating a player market), I'm certain the intention is to have everyone on a level playing field and people have thousands of ingredient packs saved up.

Are they bound to account? I believe they are bind on equip, I've seen players selling/giving away 135 items they didn't crit.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190000001ddbef/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Everything you make with an ingredient pack is bound to account. If they want to create a player market to sell materials and the ingredient packs give us an unfair advantage then why did they ever create the concept of ingredient packs and sell us the crates? Just asking to be able to use what I bought.

Quote Originally Posted by Neinda View Post
    We only get the recipes after we buy the expansion and earn them and the crafted items are bound to account.
    'We get the recipes, earn them and the crafted items are bound to account". You ought to double check your wording to avoid confusion, but alright.

They're still valid for old stuff, but I think what's happened is the ingredient packs were introduced under Turbine. So technically 'they' (as in SSG) didn't give them.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...gredient-crate!

There's already a thread about this. I guess you missed it. Still, Turbine needs to do a much better job of marketing it's products in clear and concise terms.
    Sure there are still old devs but the higher ups are different. And crafting has taken a major backseat under those higher ups.
    Last edited by TobiasEstForte; Jan 19 2022 at 02:43 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190000001ddbef/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]