We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Yellow Skill Line Beorning - 1h or 2h?

Hi all.

I'm getting close to obtaining my first Legendary Item on my Beorning (came back after a long looong hiatus) and I looked around at guides on whether to go 1hand or 2hand for a yellow skill line beorning. Some guides say 1hand all the way so you can get an offhander and go for stats and other guides say that you won't have a problem getting the stats you want and to go 2hander so you can do more damage in bear form when not healing.

Any thoughts from the end game content yellow beorning crowd? While I say right now I'm just a casual player I know I'll want to at least dip my toe in the end game content so a little bit of min/maxxing won't hurt.

Thanks for the time and advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Graverjack View Post
    I'm getting close to obtaining my first Legendary Item on my Beorning (came back after a long looong hiatus) and I looked around at guides on whether to go 1hand or 2hand for a yellow skill line beorning. Some guides say 1hand all the way so you can get an offhander and go for stats and other guides say that you won't have a problem getting the stats you want and to go 2hander so you can do more damage in bear form when not healing. !
    I apologize for the delay in responding (figured others would) and perhaps it's too late. However Blood of Loki (probably the best player in the game, too bad he's left for good) made a good argument. Even if you're running yellow line (which usually but not always means you're healing as part of a group) you might as well contribute as much as possible to group/raid damage. The benefit of higher damage outweighs the modest gain in stats from an off-hand weapon.
    Ngaemond 140 Cpt | Ngeowyn 140 Wrd | Ngali 140 Ch | Ngorbadoc 140 Hnt | Ngollwydha Brg 140 | Ngureth 140 Lm | Ngoin 140 Min | | Ngori 140 Rk | Ngeorn 140 Beor | Ngurin 140 Grd | Ngalin 140 Br
    Arkenstone (formerly Windfola)