We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Yellow Guardian

Yellow Guardian

I currently play a red Guardian level 137 solo. I was thinking of trying something different with a second trait tree in yellow line.
    Is a 2h or sword and board best for yellow solo in regards to AoE?
    AoE is my main concern. Is yellow better then red?
    I can't seem to find any current builds.
    Any info would be helpful. Thanks

There is a nice guide here:
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...vL-130-Gearing
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...YDxculW2c/edit
    It's focused on tanking but you might get some useful information from it.

yellow is pretty meh atm... a bit more AoE than red but significantly less ST damage, kinda lacking the impact red has. it is, however, a lot bulkier than red abd has better self heals. so if you wanna use it for landscape to just pick up a lot and AoE kill it while surviving with ease, this is the line for you (i'd recommend a 2H weapon for that, since with sword + shield you'd just straight up deal less damage).

Very helpful thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kotal View Post
    yellow is pretty meh atm... a bit more AoE than red but significantly less ST damage, kinda lacking the impact red has. it is, however, a lot bulkier than red abd has better self heals. so if you wanna use it for landscape to just pick up a lot and AoE kill it while surviving with ease, this is the line for you (i'd recommend a 2H weapon for that, since with sword + shield you'd just straight up deal less damage).
    From the current Beta patch notes:
    Guardian - Flash of Light now scales with weapon. Damage will now scale up much more effectively into the higher levels.
    Guardian - Flash of Light will now ONLY proc off of your active Take to Heart target. No more exponential AoEs. :P

Maybe this will help yellow Guard ST DPS enough to make it halfway viable again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorikon View Post
    From the current Beta patch notes:
    Guardian - Flash of Light now scales with weapon. Damage will now scale up much more effectively into the higher levels.
    Guardian - Flash of Light will now ONLY proc off of your active Take to Heart target. No more exponential AoEs. :P

Maybe this will help yellow Guard ST DPS enough to make it halfway viable again.

the question is viable for what? solo play? it already is. in groups? what role, tank or dps? if you say tank, then you'd play the tanking class with the least amlunt of bulk rn, okish damage, but not much else. if you say dps, then it wouldn't make much sense either: the rotation is janky, the utility is questionable and having a 4.47x threat modifier on a viable dps will make it almost impossible to keep aggro against without spamming force taunts. this is the main reason as to why yellow guard is in an identity crisis rn, it wants to do two things but the overlapping parts make either job not work particularly well.

yellow kinda works in PvP, if you want to not kill anything but just be super annoying and perma slow everyone. funny for a little while, but gets old quickly and won't get you anywhere really...
    Last edited by Kotal; Jan 27 2022 at 02:33 PM.

the question is viable for what? solo play? it already is. in groups? what role, tank or dps? if you say tank, then you'd play the tanking class with the least amlunt of bulk rn, okish damage, but not much else. if you say dps, then it wouldn't make much sense either: the rotation is janky, the utility is questionable and having a 4.47x threat modifier on a viable dps will make it almost impossible to keep aggro against without spamming force taunts. this is the main reason as to why yellow guard is in an identity crisis rn, it wants to do two things but the overlapping parts make either job not work particularly well.

yellow kinda works in PvP, if you want to not kill anything but just be super annoying and perma slow everyone. funny for a little while, but gets old quickly and won't get you anywhere really...
    The OP asked about damage when playing solo. I tried to give some information about that.

Otherwise, I agree. Yellow line even tries three things - damage, tank, debuff. The result is that it isn't good at anything.

Some ppl suggested giving yellow line the "Brawler treatment", making it a pure support line for red and blue. I tend to agree - yellow isn't widely played, but many blue and red builds depend on skills and passives from yellow.

I quite like solo play in yellow. Decent dps, and much more survivable than red line. I use the same equipment I use for red line, 2h weapon also.

It’s a weird line, but for tanking with it it’s nice in easy three mans, like low tier ones, school, etc... where you still want a tank for aggro control but the extra dps is nice compared to blue line.

yes interesting. I was also interested in how the Stamp interrupt works...it says 6s duration in yellow line. Does it actively stop all inductions for 6s or does the effect get consumed from the first proc ? This could also be handy in PvMP.

Quote Originally Posted by Dranak123 View Post
    yes interesting. I was also interested in how the Stamp interrupt works...it says 6s duration in yellow line. Does it actively stop all inductions for 6s or does the effect get consumed from the first proc ? This could also be handy in PvMP.
    You sure you reading the correct skill ? Interrupts are a one time thing.
    Captain-General Narthrivor r15 Hunter - r12 Warden - r12 Champion - r10 Captain - r6 Guardian - r9 Reaver - r9 Warg

Quote Originally Posted by RicoFTW View Post
    You sure you reading the correct skill ? Interrupts are a one time thing.
    well this is precisely what i thought. But in red and blue the skill reads 'interrupts inductions' with nothing underneath it. However in yellow it has 'duration 6s' directly under it which makes me wonder if the skill functions differently in yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dranak123 View Post
    well this is precisely what i thought. But in red and blue the skill reads 'interrupts inductions' with nothing underneath it. However in yellow it has 'duration 6s' directly under it which makes me wonder if the skill functions differently in yellow.
    The trait Manifester Ire in Yellow puts a delayed debuff with a 6 second timer on a mob, during which if the Guardian doesn't attack the mob, it'll get a 30% slow.