We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Help a fellow captain :)

Hello!

I just started lotro again with my lvl 105 red lime captain with Crafted gear for that level. I normally play solo and just prefer to Quest and maybe run skirmishes.
    I just read the current patch notes and from my point the damage for red line captain was heavily reduced. Can somebody give me Tips, Link a current guide (all i found were 1+ years, pre nerf old).

1) What line should i go for solo content? 2) What gear stats look out for? 3)Which helper? 4) Virtues? 5) tips
    Or do the Patch notes just look more dramatic as they actually are.
    Or should I just drop him because of the nerfs ????

Thanks a lot for your help
    KR

Quote Originally Posted by PB1993 View Post
    Hello!

I just started lotro again with my lvl 105 red lime captain with Crafted gear for that level. I normally play solo and just prefer to Quest and maybe run skirmishes.
    I just read the current patch notes and from my point the damage for red line captain was heavily reduced. Can somebody give me Tips, Link a current guide (all i found were 1+ years, pre nerf old).

1) What line should i go for solo content? 2) What gear stats look out for? 3)Which helper? 4) Virtues? 5) tips
    Or do the Patch notes just look more dramatic as they actually are.
    Or should I just drop him because of the nerfs ????

Thanks a lot for your help
    KR
    I'm not sure what patch notes you're reading but red cappy is fine for landscape. They are my most unloved alt so has the worse gear and least attention yet they've plodded through everything upto Gundabad no problem, they haven't started Gundabad yet. If you play a real DPS class, champ, RK, hunter then a cappy is an exercise in frustration in the amount of time it takes to kill a group of mobs, the lack of ranged attacks and AoE, but they get there in the end. I switch between heralds based on my mood, they all seem as ineffectual as each other so makes no odds really.

Usual stats focus - might gear with focus on Crit Rating then Physical Mastery. Back when Mordor came out the later stages became a lot easier with some tactical mitigation, so might want to change your virtues around depending on where you are, but that was before they made Mordor easier, so maybe a cake walk now like rest of landscape.

Just make sure to read up on the new LIs, they boost your DPS a lot, the wiki has a helpful guide and links to several more.
    Evernight - Walred (Champ), Walmur (RK), Walbert-2 (Cappy)

Do whatever you can to acquire a +3 targets (or even +2) tracery, and then AOE+ dmg and AOE crit, that's all I can say on top of what OoB says above me.

A buff to pressing attack and routing cry, perhaps another banner attack that does dmg only, with a short cooldown (Kinda like explosive arrow or rune stones) would go a long way in landscape. Even red guard got a nice boost recently and is a dream to play on landscape now - even in sword and board.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190000001ddbef/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Thanks for your tips.

Regarding LI = These are the new legendary weapon, etc. Do these really level with you? Which weapon type should i go for? Sword/shield oder 2h weapon?

Regarding +2 or +3 targeta. Is this something i can achieve with the "essences" i can socked into these LI? Or do I achieve this via traits?

Unfortunately i can not play the next few days and find out the answeres myself but can not wait

Thanks!

Unlike guardian, captains have zero offensive capability with their shields so they only serve to give you more endurance at a large sacrifice of DPS. Guardian's shield skills are also bolstered by their belt buckle. Don't make fights a war of attrition, make it a DPS race.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190000001ddbef/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by PB1993 View Post
    Thanks for your tips.

Regarding LI = These are the new legendary weapon, etc. Do these really level with you? Which weapon type should i go for? Sword/shield oder 2h weapon?

Regarding +2 or +3 targeta. Is this something i can achieve with the "essences" i can socked into these LI? Or do I achieve this via traits?

Unfortunately i can not play the next few days and find out the answeres myself but can not wait

Thanks!
    Cappy DPS is bad enough with 2H don't make it worse by using a 1H + shield. Red cappy always 2Her, always.
    Evernight - Walred (Champ), Walmur (RK), Walbert-2 (Cappy)