We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

RL Tear and share pastry platter

More commonly known as "Star bread" I've been reading a few recipes until I decided to try my hand at making a savoury adaptation of this housing decor - I think the one in game is probably sweet instead, but I was making dinner tonight xD

If anyone's interested in the details, let me know & I'll pass along the recipe I used (I always modify recipes I find online, can't help it xD)
    Stuffing was made in 3 layers: tomato sauce & shredded mozzarella cheese; shredded ham & some italian sausage stuffing; caramelized onions & garlic.

You can see more pics in my Twitter!

That is an absolute gorgeous piece of baking! Bet this is not the first baking you've ever done

Quote Originally Posted by Aeroniel View Post
    That is an absolute gorgeous piece of baking! Bet this is not the first baking you've ever done
    Thank you so much, it's high praise! I do love baking! And it's not my first time in general but it was my first attempt at this "star bread" recipe. Planning on making a sweet version soon!

I'm not much of a baker - some simple breads, some muffins, some cookies. But your star bread looks so beautiful and sounds so delicious (I prefer savoury to sweet). Is it something a casual baker could make?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeroniel View Post
    I'm not much of a baker - some simple breads, some muffins, some cookies. But your star bread looks so beautiful and sounds so delicious (I prefer savoury to sweet). Is it something a casual baker could make?
    Yes, if working with a little yeast doesnt scare you, you'll have no trouble.

Here's the recipe for the dough - I followed it except for the 3tbs of sugar (only used 1 to feed the yeast) since the idea wasn't to make a sweet pastry.

For the stuffing I just did my own thing - the recipe above smears butter on every layer and I didn't do that (there's no need). My dough layers had a diameter of 12 inches.

Here's the breakdown of my ingredients:

Layer 1: a couple tbsps of light tomato sauce & 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella
    Layer 2: 4 or 5 ham slices, shredded, & I sprinkled some italian sausage stuffing (not a lot, just for flavor);
    Layer 3: caramelized onions & garlic

I'd love to know if you decide to try it out!

I will def try it out - if I'm successful, the fam will love it, I know. I'll let you know how it goes.