We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

New LI system: Legendary Fragments & Shards

Hello,
    now we have been able to use our Heritage Runes for the Reward Track, does anyone know if there is still a use for Legendary Fragments and/or Legendary Shards?

Also, wondering if the Shards (that are in Barter Wallet) have a new use now (in the past you could earn them by deconstructing relics). And what about components that you could only use for LI's? E.g. Flawed Symbol of Celebrimbor.

Symbols of Celebrimbor should be disenchantable into scripts. At least that's what the Bullroarer notes said a while back, I don't have any to test with myself.

Fragments and shards are still in the "maybe some day" category.

Unhappy

Not yet on any of those items. (

Quote Originally Posted by Beia View Post
    Not yet on any of those items. (

Holding out hope

Quote Originally Posted by Vilan View Post
    Symbols of Celebrimbor should be disenchantable into scripts. At least that's what the Bullroarer notes said a while back, I don't have any to test with myself.

Fragments and shards are still in the "maybe some day" category.
    I noticed that some of the symbols can now be disenchanted, but it seems only the top level ones (level 100 LIs?). The symbols for lower level LIs cannot be disenchanted (unless that changed with the patch this week).

Any update to this? Or to the use of guild rep/recipes, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by FrankvdN View Post
    Hello,
    now we have been able to use our Heritage Runes for the Reward Track, does anyone know if there is still a use for Legendary Fragments and/or Legendary Shards?

Also, wondering if the Shards (that are in Barter Wallet) have a new use now (in the past you could earn them by deconstructing relics). And what about components that you could only use for LI's? E.g. Flawed Symbol of Celebrimbor.
    From Bulroarer U33.1 B3 release notes:
    Quote Originally Posted by LordOfTheSquids View Post

• The rewards for the Treasure Bugan event barter and quests have been updated, with new cosmetics and new LI reward options, in addition to the items available previously.
    • Festival Vendors now have a profile for "Essences" rather than "Essences and Legendary Items" since the obsolete legendary items were previously removed.
    • As there are no plans to use relics or shards in the future, relic masters and their services have been removed from the world. Combination Legendary Item services are now only forge masters. A few relic masters bestow quests or are related to quests, and have been turned into forge masters so as not to break those quests.
    • Forge Masters in Rivendell and Thorin's Hall can now be used for reforging outside of the Volume II Book 1 quest sequence.
    • Instance and Skirmish chests will no longer drop Heritage Runes.
    • Obsolete Relic Packages have been removed from several instances and raids.
    It is not clear the destiny of existing legendary shards. I think that they need a way to convert them in the new currency somehow.