We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

cracked gundabad tracery LOL

Please forgive my intransigence on the subject but are the above traceries really worth it. Having diligently applied my resources to the reward track and recieved the bountiful bonuses showered upon me by the blessings of SSG , I find myself in possesion of a 'cracked gundabad tracery'. After wetting myself and changing my underwear upon the epiphany of recieving this powerful artifact I proceeded with the utmoet haste to Rivendell to Barter for the bountiful enhancements that this rarity could bestow upon my character.
    Well people...what can i say ! Imagine my disbelief on finding that this pinacle of endgame desire and powerexpression could change my cooldown of 'Word of Exaltation' from 21s to 20s !!! What a game changer ! what can I say......I was blown away...1s off the cooldown...now i can really kick derrier haha.
    My perusal of the other 'bonuses' on offer left me with a similar lacklustre ( hold on people, i need a drink to get through this ) appraisal of what gains were to be garnered by the grind. Sadly my conclusion upon a period of internal reflection and my sapping will to live in the lotro environment drove me to the inevitable .....................I would be far better off running to my tried and tested home of 'The Moors' and having fun, fun , fun with freinds and leaving all of this nonsense for fools and egotistical diehards.
    Did you see how i started fairly balanced and finished rather scathingly.....sorry about that but....forget BiS and just have fun.

All rebukes and character takedowns are gratefully recieved. I look forward to the collective creativity of the community. Regards Middle aged Bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by Dranak123 View Post
    Please forgive my intransigence on the subject but are the above traceries really worth it. Having diligently applied my resources to the reward track and recieved the bountiful bonuses showered upon me by the blessings of SSG , I find myself in possesion of a 'cracked gundabad tracery'. After wetting myself and changing my underwear upon the epiphany of recieving this powerful artifact I proceeded with the utmoet haste to Rivendell to Barter for the bountiful enhancements that this rarity could bestow upon my character.
    Well people...what can i say ! Imagine my disbelief on finding that this pinacle of endgame desire and powerexpression could change my cooldown of 'Word of Exaltation' from 21s to 20s !!! What a game changer ! what can I say......I was blown away...1s off the cooldown...now i can really kick derrier haha.
    My perusal of the other 'bonuses' on offer left me with a similar lacklustre ( hold on people, i need a drink to get through this ) appraisal of what gains were to be garnered by the grind. Sadly my conclusion upon a period of internal reflection and my sapping will to live in the lotro environment drove me to the inevitable .....................I would be far better off running to my tried and tested home of 'The Moors' and having fun, fun , fun with freinds and leaving all of this nonsense for fools and egotistical diehards.
    Did you see how i started fairly balanced and finished rather scathingly.....sorry about that but....forget BiS and just have fun.

All rebukes and character takedowns are gratefully recieved. I look forward to the collective creativity of the community. Regards Middle aged Bloke.
    I found your post both enlightening and highly amusing.

You had me in the first half.

4. Feb 25 2022, 08:18 PM

You might have also touched on the subject of spending additional Ancient Scripts for this superior tracery.
    For those of us without old LI's to appraise, and few means of farming said Scripts, it's just a clever trap to exhaust your store.

I would have been better to trash all of the low level Cracked or Legendary rewards than to use them & be left empty of Ancient Scripts at lvl 106.

A legendary tracery exchanged for word of power will typically yield a 2.5% increase over incomparable. I.e DOT damage from 25% to 27.5%.
    On a heraldry tracery, it's a 10% stat gain over blue.
    Overall, IMHO, not worth the fuss. But if you just get it off the track, might as well use it.

What is TRULY stupid, is those sealed traceries that give you a RANDOM. Why? You can select your reward from about every other box. A cracked symbol, you can at least choose what you get. But getting a 'Wages of Fear positional' legendary is just sad.

As was pointed out by devs before for landscape its enough to have reforged lis only. I valared 1 toon to 105 and can say its true. When before it was a pain to upgrade lis while leveling since crystals werent easy to get. Even yellow traceries can give you nice boost while they are cheap enough and at least in mordor you can get them with currency you get from quests. On cap level its up to you if you want to have legendary traceries or not, depends on the content you play since in high tier raiding even little extra never hurts. There is no point to use legendary traceries while leveling, since content isnt hard with new lis. Random traceries are useless most of the time, since pool is too big especially with word of craft/power and heraldry traceries added. Overall new system is way better compared to imbue imo even with random component in it.

Quote Originally Posted by scorrp10 View Post
    A legendary tracery exchanged for word of power will typically yield a 2.5% increase over incomparable. I.e DOT damage from 25% to 27.5%.
    On a heraldry tracery, it's a 10% stat gain over blue.
    Overall, IMHO, not worth the fuss. But if you just get it off the track, might as well use it.

What is TRULY stupid, is those sealed traceries that give you a RANDOM. Why? You can select your reward from about every other box. A cracked symbol, you can at least choose what you get. But getting a 'Wages of Fear positional' legendary is just sad.
    Any time you obtain a legendary tracery token, consider keeping for later use at level cap. I suggest this due to two things. At the current level cap of 140, reforge will make 23 tracery slots available (12 on weapon, 11 on other), 12 of which are word of mastery and 5 of which are word of power traceries. The reward track has a 3-month cycle and you can get a handful of legendary tracery tokens from each 3-month cycle. So, to fully upgrade to legendary traceries, you will need all you can get, so keep them until you are level 131+.