We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Guardian Blue - Mandatory and situational virtues?

A Guardian Virtues at level 80:

**Defensive (Equipped *):**
    1. (80) *Loyalty*
    2. (80) *Fidelity*
    3. (80) *Charity*
    4. (80) *Tolerance*
    5. (80) *Innocence* //Physical resistance

(80) Honor. //Tactical Resistance

It seems that the Guardian in addition to survival he will still need to increase Finesse to have a better effect on Taunt, because in herdocre instances it fails if it doesn't have the Finesse limit correct? So you recommend for the following virtues at level 80:
    Wit //+Finesse

But which virtues would they take the place of?

Is it really worth replacing any of the above virtues with "Compassion" and "fortitude"? Especially in the End Game (Full set).

Is "Charity" currently not such a good virtue to be in Guardian Tank tops?

Which Virtues are mandatory in the Guardian Tank, should it always be there, and which are situational? It is important to know this with a solid security to invest the points correctly because it is difficult to put a virtue in 80.

Is it worth Virtudes for the red line to play solo?

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanjo View Post
    A Guardian Virtues at level 80:

**Defensive (Equipped *):**
    1. (80) *Loyalty*
    2. (80) *Fidelity*
    3. (80) *Charity*
    4. (80) *Tolerance*
    5. (80) *Innocence* //Physical resistance

(80) Honor. //Tactical Resistance
    I'd switch Charity with Honour, to get more Morale and TactMit. I'm not sure you need Innocence, since you often get PhyMit to or even over cap just with equipment. (Usually concentrating on Morale and TactMit is enough, so choose the virtues that buff them.)

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanjo View Post
    It seems that the Guardian in addition to survival he will still need to increase Finesse to have a better effect on Taunt, because in herdocre instances it fails if it doesn't have the Finesse limit correct?
    Nah. Force Taunts are never resisted. Maybe you see "Fray the Edge has been resisted" in combat log, but this is because FtE additionally puts a small debuff of the same name on the target - this debuff can (an often will be) resisted. But the Force Taunt portion of the skill always works.

Attacks can be blocked though, or War Chant can be resisted.

It really depends on your gear. I often use innocence towards the beginning of a new level cap as your gear will suck. As you progress your gear is often enough cap phys MIT anyway.

However, it's worth noting that the stat caps increase at higher tiers of instances, which is not reflected on your character stats. I believe around 1500000 is the MIT cap at tier 2 or 3 right now.

Anyway, as a general rule I find myself focusing on mits if my gear is.lacking and then morale/vitality as my gear and essences cover the Mits.

As Gor already pointed out your actual force taunts aren't resisted but your shield skills can be for sure. It's a luxury but some finesse is not a bad thing to have as a guard.