We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Captain self heals

When playing a red Captain solo I depend on self heals.
    The companion skill Lend Courage when used stays activated. Is this intended?
    While always activated it might heal when not needed then go on CD.
    I also noticed to use the skill it takes a right mouse click instead of left like most others.
    Also is the skill Revealing Mark a self heal?
    Thanks

There are several ways a red captain can heal themselves, but I'm going to focus on your current questions. Lend Courage doesn't automatically trigger. Right clicking generates a toggle that tells the AI to decide on when to use it. This generally means that if you are hurt even a little bit, the ability will be consumed. If you wish to manually use it, then you have to left click it while the toggle is off. Be aware that you need to be engaged in combat in order to use it. Your herald must also be within range.

Revealing Mark is a special case where it generates a condition on a target. You can use it outside of combat without generating any threat or engaging the enemy. However, the ability itself will only heal if someone in your group attacks the target and only if the people in your group are within range of the target.

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdJedi View Post
    There are several ways a red captain can heal themselves, but I'm going to focus on your current questions. Lend Courage doesn't automatically trigger. Right clicking generates a toggle that tells the AI to decide on when to use it. This generally means that if you are hurt even a little bit, the ability will be consumed. If you wish to manually use it, then you have to left click it while the toggle is off. Be aware that you need to be engaged in combat in order to use it. Your herald must also be within range.

Revealing Mark is a special case where it generates a condition on a target. You can use it outside of combat without generating any threat or engaging the enemy. However, the ability itself will only heal if someone in your group attacks the target and only if the people in your group are within range of the target.
    Thanks for the info very helpful.
    As far as other ways a red captain can self heal that I know of are Rallying Cry and Inspire (shield brother) and maybe using the herald of hope.
    If there is more than that I would appreciate it.

I know a few captains who forget about the Inspire ability. Although it might be difficult to obtain unless you have the trait points to spend, you can also go a little deeper in blue to get the ability Gallant Display and trait Courageous Convocation to make your Muster Courage heal a little bit. Since all your banners share cooldown, I would not bother getting Standard of Honour with your Standard of War taking priority.

Fun History Lesson: All three of our marks have been adjusted in some way. Noble Mark didn't always have an extremely short range. Telling Mark used to do double the amount. Revealing Mark once returned a certain percentage of the damage we dealt to the enemy as morale.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezzorr View Post
    Thanks for the info very helpful.
    As far as other ways a red captain can self heal that I know of are Rallying Cry and Inspire (shield brother) and maybe using the herald of hope.
    If there is more than that I would appreciate it.
    I just got back from a 10+ year break trying to rebuild a captain as my other characters are trapped on Nimrodel server. You used to could spend your destiny points for perks, it's not quite a selfheal but you do earn them just so you can boost your character and fellowships. There were quite a few that increased hope and morale for a good amount of varying time. Not sure if it's still a thing since they have a real money store all over the UI panels now lol. Just got started again myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Imatia_Narene View Post
    I just got back from a 10+ year break trying to rebuild a captain as my other characters are trapped on Nimrodel server. You used to could spend your destiny points for perks, it's not quite a selfheal but you do earn them just so you can boost your character and fellowships. There were quite a few that increased hope and morale for a good amount of varying time. Not sure if it's still a thing since they have a real money store all over the UI panels now lol. Just got started again myself.
    The Perks panel still exists and you do still get Destiny Points over level 10 I think is, 200 per level? You can find the Perks tab in the Barter wallet, but pretty much the only worth-while buff now is blue-bar EXP booster which has 5 stacks that recharge over time.