We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Unattended grief macroers plaguing the festivals ( again )

Seems like this year, they have some dwarves jump, walk through everyone at the festival, play several notes then 'repeat'.
    This is same kinship/person has been griefing festivals with unattended macros and spam for years.
    These actions aren't the actions of a story teller, or minstrel, they have no audience, or set time. They repeat their actions over and over, griefing people. They tend to climb on locations they shoudl not be, make alts so you cannot easily block their spam, and all in all have become a nuisance.

I cant understand why this is done. This isn't them trying to enjoy the game, or help others enjoy the game, this is one person multiboxing unattended macros to grief play to stop other people from enjoying the festivals and events.
    If they had a spot out of the center of the festival area like any normal band woudl do, and play, a set and be done for the day, people woudl not complain.
    But when you are fishing, and you see the same text spammed over and over by a 'group of macro characters' It becomes a bloody annoyance.

I have not named anyone here. We all know who is doing this. Please do not 'name' them if you reply. perhaps a gamemaster could pop in and take care of this, it is easily spotted.

I know of who you speak, and they do same on Laurelin server as well, same kin name, player names multiboxing on both servers at the same time, and its constant 24/7 during festival time, Stories and music is nice, but not when your just botting and spamming it all day long, its annoying yes, and hope something is done.
    Pontin Level 140 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    other classes: Minstrel, Guardian, Captain, Hunter.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

I saw them too, but I don't think this counts as griefing. It may be spammy, but so are certain other people who hold incomprehensible discussions in Elvish amongst their alts all day long. I would just find a new fishing hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilan View Post
    I saw them too, but I don't think this counts as griefing. It may be spammy, but so are certain other people who hold incomprehensible discussions in Elvish amongst their alts all day long. I would just find a new fishing hole.
    Its same person they also spam stories and words all day as well besides just music.
    Pontin Level 140 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    other classes: Minstrel, Guardian, Captain, Hunter.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

We can't find a new "fishing hole" because the person who multiboxes does so around necessary festival areas. I've already sent a report in though I doubt staff will help relieve the issue.
    Landroval : Warders of the Weald : Eirithdiel, Ellenfled, Liverwort, Maravor, Magnhilde, Eleafinna. Bounders of the Shire : Molee Kettle, Parslee Kettle.

The Greatest Adventure is what lies ahead...

The 4 dwarves right at the quests rewards, are grief playing.
    playing 4 or 5 notes of a song as the macro makes you jump, turn around walk to the opposite spot, and repeat these actions, all day long, is an unattended macro. The macro is causing tremendous lag as well right at the quest rewards turn in.
    Unwanted "spam" in elvish, is also making it hard to see people legitimately talk, and increases lag due to how the macros work. ( Your unwanted Elf conversation, is also this same person )
    During the fishing festivals for years, he's surrounded the pond to spam. While you may not at first think this is grief play, after about the 40th time of hearing the same lines all day long, you are no longer enjoying the game.
    This is the essence of causing grief.
    The entire kin ( which is one person multiboxing on multiple servers ) is grief playing and clearly aware of this.
    When you ask them to please stop in a tell without a reply while they continue to do this, its clear it is an unattended macro. when 20 minutes go by, and they finally 'read it' and send you a " " wink emote face in a reply, yeah.. they are aware they are grief playing and getting by with it.

Once again, if this was normal roleplay where the persons were interacting with each other, playing music in a reasonable location, etc.. None of us would have a problem with it. But this is being done by a grief player.
    Years ago, there was a grief player that used to attend music with a group of champions or captains to make people do forced emotes. This caused a lot of lag and woudl crash people out.
    I have a feeling this is the same person, just trying to 'skirt the edges' of what is allowed so he can ruin someone's fun.