We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Reward Track End Date

When does the initial reward track end?
    Graymen Halfear, Guardian 140; Huethump, Hunter 130; Grumendir, Guardian 140
    Olonga, Burglar 130; Daviladan, Champion 130; Iswald, Captain 115; Glynnhex, Rune Keeper 115
    Andywine, Warden 115; Sabot, Minstrel 121; Bamegore, Lore-master 130; Turvamil, Hunter 130

Subbing to this thread coz I'd like an official answer too.

If we estimate from the time it released & the season being 3 months, we should be resetting the track mid May but.. its just a player's guess

We'll get you a date soon, but I don't have one to share this evening, sorry.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

I recall reading earlier from somewhere that this first "season" of reward track could be shorter as people have stockpiled IXP runes over time and therefore reaching the end sooner. For me, I used some of my IXP pills until reward track level 80 or so, and after that I have been mainly questing, and have reached lvl 101 more than 30 times already :/ So I would say YES PLEASE even if you announced that you will reset it tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Gilean-EU View Post
    I recall reading earlier from somewhere that this first "season" of reward track could be shorter as people have stockpiled IXP runes over time and therefore reaching the end sooner. For me, I used some of my IXP pills until reward track level 80 or so, and after that I have been mainly questing, and have reached lvl 101 more than 30 times already :/ So I would say YES PLEASE even if you announced that you will reset it tomorrow!
    The reward track is not made for those who have everything. I am sorry. It might seem rude, I know! However:
    A new account will need to use all of the reward track's start bits on top of several Dolven View dailies just to fill ONE LI slot with a non-random LI tracery craft power etc of their own choice. Eventually it will be about your sense of progress too but for now, it's a requirement for the new.

Without old LIs, new accounts 45 through 56 have a very rough time. Your "30 times to 101" looks offensive from the other side. "Oh my god, I have so much".

It's like the top raiders throughout the past decade complaining that a landscape quest offers little resistance. "Make it harder for me!"

I hope the reward track eventually offers you a sense of progress too Gilrean-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We'll get you a date soon, but I don't have one to share this evening, sorry.
    Thanks Cord. If I may make a suggestion, when a date is established could it be added to the UI? To give players who are less inclined to read up on things a sense of how long they have to complete the track.

I'm doing a lot of old content on higher level toons so my track is at snail's pace. This is WAI and I'm happy with it but I'll be picking up the pace closer to reset. I'm sure other players would appreciate access to that knowledge.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190000001ddbef/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasEstForte View Post
    Thanks Cord. If I may make a suggestion, when a date is established could it be added to the UI? To give players who are less inclined to read up on things a sense of how long they have to complete the track.

I'm doing a lot of old content on higher level toons so my track is at snail's pace. This is WAI and I'm happy with it but I'll be picking up the pace closer to reset. I'm sure other players would appreciate access to that knowledge.
    /signed
    Yes please, make the timeframe a UI element, it'll save so much trouble!

Quote Originally Posted by petrikur View Post
    The reward track is not made for those who have everything. I am sorry. It might seem rude, I know! However:
    A new account will need to use all of the reward track's start bits on top of several Dolven View dailies just to fill ONE LI slot with a non-random LI tracery craft power etc of their own choice. Eventually it will be about your sense of progress too but for now, it's a requirement for the new.

Without old LIs, new accounts 45 through 56 have a very rough time. Your "30 times to 101" looks offensive from the other side. "Oh my god, I have so much".

It's like the top raiders throughout the past decade complaining that a landscape quest offers little resistance. "Make it harder for me!"

I hope the reward track eventually offers you a sense of progress too Gilrean-EU
    Oh, I most definetely don't have everything, I assure you, since I solo only (no raids etc). If I had everything, I wouldn't mind if this season lasted forever Thing is, I just happen to have been playing LI game ever since legendary items were introduced, and with several characters. I never ditched 3rd Agers, but leveled them up to lvl 11 or 31, usually 4 items per character, with 10 characters. Over the years, I have happened to collect lots of LI pills, that's all. Naturally, for brand new account, things are different.

My 11th character is now at level 60, and haven't had much help from other characters regarding traceries. At lower levels, tracery prices are also lower and only few slots open on LI etc...

With the caveats that we could always change the date based on whatever reason makes us do it, and that since this is the first refresh we could decide to do something else in the future, the plan is to run the Legendary Items Reward Track on an independent three month calendar, putting the refresh date around May 18th.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Thanks Cordovan.

I also saw this in the release notes for tomorrow's update: The Legendary Items Reward Track now has a timer displaying the time remaining to claim earned rewards.

/twothumbsup
    Graymen Halfear, Guardian 140; Huethump, Hunter 130; Grumendir, Guardian 140
    Olonga, Burglar 130; Daviladan, Champion 130; Iswald, Captain 115; Glynnhex, Rune Keeper 115
    Andywine, Warden 115; Sabot, Minstrel 121; Bamegore, Lore-master 130; Turvamil, Hunter 130

Thank you for adding this feature to the Reward Track

Is there any chance you could make it so any character on the account (regardless of level) can claim the boxes on the reward track? It would be nice if my bank character could claim them directly and put them in storage without the added step of transferring all those boxes? It would be a major quality of life improvement. Maybe you could develop a "claim all" button along with allowing any character to retrieve the boxes from the reward track? Again, a major quality of life improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Neinda View Post
    Is there any chance you could make it so any character on the account (regardless of level) can claim the boxes on the reward track?
    That's the way it is already?
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

My new bank character cannot even see the reward track. Too low a level. I think I have to claim the boxes on a bigger character and then transfer them via mail/shared storage to a lower level character. Somewhat complicated and time consuming. If it turns out the lower level character cannot even receive the boxes they will end up being lost. I unfortunately have more script than needed and nothing to buy. It would be nice to save them in case I ever level one of my other characters in the future.
    On a positive note, I am barely half way through the reward track so I will probably not have as many boxes as some. I was looking for a way to get the rewards from the reward track to the bank with the fewest possible steps.

15. Mar 31 2022, 01:04 PM

My new bank character cannot even see the reward track. Too low a level.
    I've looked at the track with a character low enough level to turn in the lowest IXP runes, so, in the 40's. Maybe they need to have done the quest to unlock LI's first before they can see the RT.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

What I have found is you have to claim the rewards with a character that is the appropriate level. You can then mail it to any character on the account. I made a character that is level 9 to use to store the boxes. It would have been easier if the level 9 could claim and store in one step but it works using the ingame mail system to move the boxes for future use. When you mail the boxes, level does not matter. You can store them on any level character.

What I have found is you have to claim the rewards with a character that is the appropriate level. You can then mail it to any character on the account. I made a character that is level 9 to use to store the boxes. It would have been easier if the level 9 could claim and store in one step but it works using the ingame mail system to move the boxes for future use. When you mail the boxes, level does not matter. You can store them on any level character.
    We wanted to do this, and the initial implementation allowed it, but we found some issues with it that sadly forced us to hide the Reward Track from players who aren't eligible for its rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Raninia View Post
    We wanted to do this, and the initial implementation allowed it, but we found some issues with it that sadly forced us to hide the Reward Track from players who aren't eligible for its rewards.
    Rani, any chance you can comment on this inquiry about the reward track end date

RE: Reward Track reset countdown.
    Currently it's showing a 1 month 17 days deadline but I was wondering if we could get some more input on that.. Does it mean that May 17th is the last day to claim rewards from season 1 or is it reset day? Will season 2 be activated automatically right after the reset and at what time (i.e.: 3 AM, 10 AM server times)?

Quote Originally Posted by Laurelinarien View Post
    Rani, any chance you can comment on this inquiry about the reward track end date
    The specific date and time is dependent on your time zone - for us, it's May 18th at 10am I believe, should switch over automagically from Season 1 to Season 2.

The specific date and time is dependent on your time zone - for us, it's May 18th at 10am I believe, should switch over automagically from Season 1 to Season 2.
    Thank you very much! That's what I was looking for <3

Will season two be as ridiculously garbage as season one? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sopheliaren View Post
    Will season two be as ridiculously garbage as season one? Thanks.
    I wouldn't call it garbage. As a landscape player I was able to fill two empty LIs with traceries. For players like me that is a good way to get them, probably the only way. Now since I already had capped AS, I'm not sure it gives enough of them to exchange the cracked tokens.