We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Will love to see some videos of warden tanking HoR boss 1 T3+, and HH/HoA boss 3 T2+

Title.
    It may be failed attempt, i dont mind.
    Thanks

I went in to attempt to main tank the 3B in HH T2 yesterday.

55% mits (no gambits) 65% mits (after gambits)
    90% sustained additive partial BPE (after gambits)
    1.68M morale pool (raid buffed)
    60k self healing parse (HPS)

I got wrecked after the damage debuff reached T3.

The Boss has several high end skills that bypass BPE (the only factor that enables WRD tanks to be near par with others) so that was an issue.

My biggest concern occurred however when I checked my battle log, where I saw several hits that were "partial block/parry/evade" that also crit/dev!

That used to not be possible as the BPE roll would be executed first in the attack RNG sequence and only if a hit was full (not full BPE OR partial BPE) would the game logic then roll a crit/dev RNG. The key to WRD tanking was to get additive partial BPE up as high as possible in order to ensure no hit could ever crit or dev, removing the need for crit defense in your build and neutralizing the devastation damage spikes. This was current best practice as recently as FoKD.

Something has changed in when/how the BPE>Crit>Dev RNG logic is executed, and the results caught me by surprise; my build was as solid as it could have been and it didn't matter. I swapped roles and they brought in a GRD tank to finish the T2.

I'd love to read/see other WRD tanks ideas here too.

Quote Originally Posted by LokiRK View Post
    I went in to attempt to main tank the 3B in HH T2 yesterday.

55% mits (no gambits) 65% mits (after gambits)
    90% sustained additive partial BPE (after gambits)
    1.68M morale pool (raid buffed)
    60k self healing parse (HPS)

I got wrecked after the damage debuff reached T3.

The Boss has several high end skills that bypass BPE (the only factor that enables WRD tanks to be near par with others) so that was an issue.

My biggest concern occurred however when I checked my battle log, where I saw several hits that were "partial block/parry/evade" that also crit/dev!

That used to not be possible as the BPE roll would be executed first in the attack RNG sequence and only if a hit was full (not full BPE OR partial BPE) would the game logic then roll a crit/dev RNG. The key to WRD tanking was to get additive partial BPE up as high as possible in order to ensure no hit could ever crit or dev, removing the need for crit defense in your build and neutralizing the devastation damage spikes. This was current best practice as recently as FoKD.

Something has changed in when/how the BPE>Crit>Dev RNG logic is executed, and the results caught me by surprise; my build was as solid as it could have been and it didn't matter. I swapped roles and they brought in a GRD tank to finish the T2.

I'd love to read/see other WRD tanks ideas here too.
    Thanks for reply. Imo will be great if warden get + 1 ST force taunt skill. Even if mele and on 30 sec CD. We need it. Also will be greater if we get a shield stacking from gambit builders use/not masteries/ something like 1% total health temporaly shield/ with 10 seconds duration, stacking up to 20%. This wont make us op. will just give us some so needed extra mitigation, to survive boss hard hiting skills. At current state, even if they give us similar to catch a breat skill / like 40% hp restor oh shait skill/ wont be enought to counter the spike dmg we take. I tanked t2 HH/HoA / as main tank and i had no problems to hold up to tier 5 stacks, even more with cooldowns. Im mitigation geared / no vitalite essence stack like most guardians/ i have 1 450 000 morale / raid buffed/ and as i said, got zero issues to hold boss and counter his dmg (2 healers). Im sure brawler can do even better on ST boss tanking. I did few more t2 raids with diferent cpt tanks, and they take lots more dmg (geared- experienced too) Sad to see warden out of tank list I find red line boring, and there are better supports than yellow line warden, so il pass. Again, ty for respond.