We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Craft for Embers

For the first time my 136 Champ crafted 7 ember-worthy crafts to turn in the quest Craft for Embers, expecting to receive 1000 embers of enchantment. However the NPC only offers Craft for Motes, which rewards Motes. I tried for 3 days (Bree and Skarhald NPCs) to see if the quest rotates between motes/embers, but it was only motes.

I was under the impression this turn-in quest was one of the few remaining ways to earn embers. Ember-worthy craft still shows in the Crafting interface and is not flagged as obsolete.

Is this quest no longer offered? Did I waste 7 ithilharn shards for nothing? If so what are the chances I'll be able to get my shards back by opening a ticket? TYIA.

I think you need to be Lvl 140 for embers. I am Lvl 140 and got 1000 embers for 7 Ithilharn shards.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegarond View Post
    I think you need to be Lvl 140 for embers. I am Lvl 140 and got 1000 embers for 7 Ithilharn shards.
    Interesting! That would explain why I don't see the quest yet. I was relying on the Wiki that says it's a 120 quest. I'll hold onto them until I reach "full maturity" and hope I can turn in then. Thanks so much for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by Naralanna View Post
    For the first time my 136 Champ crafted 7 ember-worthy crafts to turn in the quest Craft for Embers, expecting to receive 1000 embers of enchantment. However the NPC only offers Craft for Motes, which rewards Motes. I tried for 3 days (Bree and Skarhald NPCs) to see if the quest rotates between motes/embers, but it was only motes.

I was under the impression this turn-in quest was one of the few remaining ways to earn embers. Ember-worthy craft still shows in the Crafting interface and is not flagged as obsolete.

Is this quest no longer offered? Did I waste 7 ithilharn shards for nothing? If so what are the chances I'll be able to get my shards back by opening a ticket? TYIA.
    I used to be able to turn in that quest on any level 120+ toon till past month & suddenly i can't anymore. I suspect that the devs raised the level restriction on the most recent update.

The quest vanished with the satchel incident. Then when they fixed the satchels I tried to turn-in this quest and it was gone. If the level cap were raised then why don't the inside-peoples at the wiki make an update. The change wasn't documented anywhere.

Embers can only be spent on level-cap gear, and this quest was the only way to start farming them early.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysbroke View Post
    The quest vanished with the satchel incident. Then when they fixed the satchels I tried to turn-in this quest and it was gone. If the level cap were raised then why don't the inside-peoples at the wiki make an update. The change wasn't documented anywhere.

Embers can only be spent on level-cap gear, and this quest was the only way to start farming them early.
    Meanwhile, ember gear now start at level 131 so the level 140 restriction is not ok. The quest need to be lowered accordingly to at least level 131.