We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

[EVENT] Hobbit Historical Field Trip - Yondershire, Saturday April 30

Hither and yon again: A field trip through The Yondershire while brushing up on the lore of the lands!

Date: April 30th, 2022
    Time: 7PM UK time / 2PM servertime

Event details:

What is the history of the Yondershire villages? Who lives there, and are there any famous inhabitants? Is there a Hithershire too?

Answers to these questions, and possibly more, may be given during the hobbit historical field trip. There are no guarantees, though!

Meet up in Little Delving. After a quick welcome, we'll walk through parts of The Yondershire and see some of the sights, with stops where our historians present stories, tales, poetry and/or songs related to the history of the area.

Food WILL be served, but of course, any hobbit knows that the safest bet is to bring some of yer own too.

Want to know more about hobbit history? Bring a sturdy walking stick and be welcome along!

OOC details:

The historical field trips have been running irregularly since 2009. They combine a few lectures/stories of hobbit lore with a trip to locations of hobbit interest. If yer want to know more about hobbit and Shire history, this is yer chance. Remember that our historians often go for a tall, exciting tale more than strict lore accuracy, though!

Given the subject matter, this is certainly a hobbit-preferred event. Lore-seeking dwarves, men or elves interested in hobbit lore is of course welcome along.
    Lina Willowwood, biscuit-eating bard on Laurelin
    Hobbit RP? Grand Order of the Lost Mathom
    Songs + videos on me biscuity burrow

Highly recommended!

If you want to experience the great & awesome hobbit roleplaying community, this is a event you should not miss.

I myself am interested in the history of hobbits and the Lord of the Rings universe. I was thinking of writing an interesting story about one hobbit and his adventures, I turned to https://historyhelp.org/ for help to write the plot and some sections of my story
    Last edited by dagon778; Feb 24 2023 at 06:09 AM.