We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

A bug or an annoyance ?

I started playing this class recently but I find it extremely irritating how my skills keep moving around to places I didn't choose when changing forms.
    In each form (bear/man) I assign skills to specific slots placement but they keep changing messing with my chains.
    Is this a bug or simply a really poor design ?

It's intended, but you can deactivate it in the quickslot options. Something like Beorning bar swap.

Didn't know it exist, I will look into it.
    If it exist, it would have been wise to make a tip pop-up for the option alerting the possibility of it.

The swap only affects your main bar of 12 buttons and the bar directly above it. When you change form, those two bars swap position with each other. That's all: Your individual skill placements in each button are not affected, they are not moving around (other than visually as the two bars swap position) when your character changes form.

There are skills which can only be used in bear form, and others which can only be used in man form. So this function can be useful if you plan for it.

I keep Bear Form on my man-bar and Man Form on my bear bar. This allows me to switch easily between the two.

Skills which I use frequently and can be used in either form I keep on both bars, in the same relative position on each.

I agree that a tip popup on first login to a new Beorning character would be useful. Unfortunately, many new players just click through those without reading; even so, I agree that would be helpful.

MAN FORM

BEAR FORM

Unfortunately in my case they still change position with in the bar, meaning I assign a skill to [4] and it jumps to 5 or 6 or 3. Very frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by BimBamBom View Post
    Unfortunately in my case they still change position with in the bar, meaning I assign a skill to [4] and it jumps to 5 or 6 or 3. Very frustrating.
    That isn't happening. I know it looks like that's happening, but that's not what's happening. You just need to set the options so that you can see your "other" bar all the time. It should have been this way by default.

Go into OPTIONS->QUICKSLOTS and check ON the option to ALWAYS SHOW BAR 1. Bar 1 is is the bar directly above your main bar (Bar 0), the main bar is the one at the bottom.

Also check ON the options to MAKE BAR 1 HORIZONTAL and DOCK BAR 1.

Alternatively, you can check OFF the option to use the BEORNING SHAPESHIFT BAR SWAP which is the line just below the third red arrow in the second screenshot above. I don't recommend this, you will get a lot of use out of the auto-swapping, you just have to set it up right.
    Last edited by Tralfazz; May 05 2022 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BimBamBom View Post
    Didn't know it exist, I will look into it.
    If it exist, it would have been wise to make a tip pop-up for the option alerting the possibility of it.
    It's been a few years since I started my Beorning but I'm sure they told you about it when you created your beorning as I created mine long after they were launched, so it wasn't the release notes that told be of the option.
    Evernight - Walred (Champ), Walmur (RK), Walbert-2 (Cappy)

Quote Originally Posted by Tralfazz View Post
    I keep Bear Form on my man-bar and Man Form on my bear bar. This allows me to switch easily between the two.
    Thanks for pointing me here, and the example. My bar swap was already set. It's just that Turbine's default toolbar setup is horrendous. The key for swapping depends both on which form you're in and which form you're changing to. It is incredible that got into the game, never mind be there for 8(?) years.

In your set up, swapping form is always bound to '1'! Regardless of whether it's to bear-form or man-form...

Now I can actually play the class.