We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Fist of the Valar broken?

Hello there, I was wondering how Fist of the valar is working , because at the moment it is very underwhelming and I am not sure if the bonus damage from mettle even applies.

This is a hit with just 9 mettle on a dummy on live :

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...90/unknown.png > the damage after

Johnnysinned scored a hit with Fist of the Valar on the DPS target dummy for 195,358 (263,733 from 9 Mettle) Beleriand damage to Morale.
    Johnnysinned scored a hit with Like a Stinging Nettle on the DPS target dummy for 100,446 Light damage to Morale.

(I tried like 5 times to not have stinging nettle proc but yeah)

For whatever reason, Fist gains no bonus damage from mettle and really makes the capstone of the DPS spec irrelevent. Any feedback on if this is intentional or bugged would be great. Thank you!

Vastin fix Execute already

"Fist of the Valar" works as intended, the issue is that the combat log chat is incorrect which is an issue Vastin created with the Beorning skill "Execute".

Fist of the Valar was slightly nerfed for regular hits and critical hits while its Devastates were buffed so unless you have the 140 raid set for +7.5% Devastate hit chance its not really worth using as every other Finisher skill was buffed 50%+ to the point where Fulgurant Strike, First Strike and Strike to the Sky do as much or more Damage when critting while leaving you with Mettle still.

Johnnysinned scored a hit with Fist of the Valar on the DPS target dummy for 195,358 (263,733 from 9 Mettle) Beleriand damage to Morale.
    Only the dmg in front of the brackets (195,358) is applied, the one inside the brackets (263,733) does nothing.

Working as intended? Not sure, sounds like a bug to me.

I mentioned the Beorning skill "Execute" for a reason as it has to do with that second number.

Before during 115 cap for example Execute would deal 260,000 common damage (60,000 bonus damage from Wrath) which was working as intended as 200,000 was the base damage and 100 Wrath would make Execute deal 30% more damage ie 60,000.
    Vastin for whatever reason decided to change Execute in several ways but the main one was that Wrath at 100 would deal +200% damage instead of 30% but it doesn't work properly and still only deals the +30% bonus damage while the chatlog says it's adding over +200% damage of bonus damage.

Basically Fist of the Valar is a copy/paste of the skill Execute where it deals the intended damage but inherited the buggy chatlog.

You're making assumptions here.
    ~ Take the player, not the class ~

Quote Originally Posted by Joedangod View Post
    You're making assumptions here.
    About Fist of the Valar being copy/paste? You're right it's more of a educated guess but still a guess.

About Execute not working as Vastin intended it to? If you go thru older Beta threads to the first set Beorning rework/buffs you will find the changes Vastin made. Takes less than a minute to find out it still only benefits from 30% bonus damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Vastin View Post

Additional Skill & Trait Changes
    - Execute now hits much harder, with a bonus of 250% for full Wrath. Cooldown increased from [3->30s]. However, this skill can no longer Crit.
    - Execute is no longer free when Moment of Opportunity procs - you can simply use it regardless of the target's health (good for boss fights).
    -Vastin
    It was +250% and not 200% my mistake.

7. May 26 2022, 08:47 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Antophant View Post
    "Fist of the Valar" works as intended, the issue is that the combat log chat is incorrect which is an issue Vastin created with the Beorning skill "Execute".
    I would strongly beg to differ.

If you played the beta before the update, it worked giving damage far higher and became the focal point of the dps rotation.

On launch however, it seems they forgot to apply the scaling correctly.

Image of one of my own parses on BR before update.

Some other players were doing far better and the 9-11 fists were a big deal of burst and some of the biggest hitters.

On live you will not see it used as the damage hasn't passed over.
    Level 140: Burg, Captain, Guard, Brawler, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Champ, Warden, Rune-Keeper, Beorning