We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Submitted a bug this morning, SSG marked it solved, NOT SOLVED

This morning, I submitted a bug. I cannot see the names of my LIs when I mouse over them. These are the names I give them when reforging and they are the only way have of quickly identifying them and determining which spec they are for. SSG has marked the bug as "SOLVED" when the problem is most definitely not solved. I am on a gaming laptop running at 1920 x 1080 resolution.

How do I reopen a ticket and get someone to actually pay attention to it?

The "Solved" reply to a bug report doesn't mean it's fixed, just that it's been acknowledged as a bug and passed on to the relevant person(s) for attention. I'm fairly sure it tells you this in the response email. How long it takes to fix it, if it ever gets fixed, depends on how severe/urgent SSG determine the bug to be.

Kehleyr_SSG is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    The "Solved" reply to a bug report doesn't mean it's fixed, just that it's been acknowledged as a bug and passed on to the relevant person(s) for attention. I'm fairly sure it tells you this in the response email. How long it takes to fix it, if it ever gets fixed, depends on how severe/urgent SSG determine the bug to be.
    This is 100% correct. As long as you entered a legitimate email address as part of your bug report, you would have received the following response:

Greetings! Thank you for submitting a bug report!

Your bug has been sent to our Quality Assurance team to be reviewed. Please note we are not able to provide status updates or feedback on individual bugs.

Note that a ticket status of “solved” does not mean a bug has been fixed, but the report ticket has been addressed by Quality Assurance.
    Please note: We are unable to provide immediate or direct assistance via a Bug Report.

Standing Stone Games, LLC.
    You may always search our FAQ or request support at help.standingstonegames.com

Quality Assurance Team Lead
    The Lord of the Rings Online
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

I wasn't able to duplicate the issue on my end.

As you can see in the screenshot above, the name of my LI does appear in the tooltip (see red arrow). I also moved my LI to my inventory bags and the tooltip appears identically when the LI is there rather than equipped.

Please try each of the following things, one a a time, then test to determine if the tooltip displays your LI names:
    –Go to OPTIONS->GRAPHICS and change your screen mode. For example, if you are running in FULL SCREEN mode, change to FULL SCREEN WINDOWED mode.
    –Go to OPTIONS->GRAPHICS and change your graphics hardware level. For example, if you running DIRECTX11, change to DIRECTX9. (You will need to quit out of the client and relaunch it in order for this to take effect.)
    –Go to OPTIONS->UI SETTINGS and look for TOOLTIP DISPLAY. Change TOOLTIP DELAY to .1. Check ON both ENABLE INSTANT WORLD TOOLTIPS and ENABLE CROSS-COMPARE ITEM TOOLTIPS. Check OFF the option to ENABLE STATIC PLACED TOOLTIPS.

the only problem I've had is that the top of the tool tip is above the top of my Lotro window. This happens when I have 12 traceries equipped - the tool tip is just so darn long!

Quote Originally Posted by Tralfazz View Post
    I wasn't able to duplicate the issue on my end.
    I logged in to see if I could duplicate the issue. Then I realized what the problem was. If you hover your cursor over a legendary item that is completely stacked with traceries, the tool-tip wraps the LI from the bottom-up. The length of the legendary item is so long that it cuts the very top part off where the name of the LI is present. What probably should happen is make the graphic snap to the screen from the top portion, which would then cut the very bottom portion off instead.

There is yet another problem that is present too. If you insert your legendary items into the vault, the name reverts back to their default.

That screen shot does not show a complete, level 140 LI. And yes, after posting I did go look at my email and I did get a response there. @Kehleyr_SSG the actual wording is slightly more ambiguous:

Greetings!

Thank you for submitting a bug report!

Please note: We are unable to provide immediate or direct assistance via a Bug Report.

We would like to assure you that Standing Stone Games is aware of this issue and is working to resolve it as quickly as possible.

We hope to have a resolution soon and we hope you are enjoying your time in Middle-earth!

Regarding the "solved" message, how does it work exactly though? I know the QA isn't obligated to respond to anything and they have work on their plate and that's all fine, but there are a few moments where it's just kind of "discouraging." Like I recently asked a direct question whether I should report some of the bear cubs I kept seeing, because despite the revamp that was given to all adult bears, some of the young ones use their old textures/models. So no idea whether the artist just missed some, for example (this game is certainly vast), or whether that's something already on their radar but simply not done yet. Asked direct question about this but got the usual "solved" and silence. Maybe not exactly utterly discouraging but like... some of the human factor is definitely missing (someone had to read that question and like just utterly shrug it off?) plus a bit "random, pick your guess" situation getting created. I can happily report some of the things that "maybe, maybe" SSG isn't aware of and can help them, even a lot of them, but then I'm also not going to do that, as in me taking the time to type these reports/get these locs isn't exactly effort free, so why do that in such utterly uncertain scenario. QA is - probably, most likely? - aware of such things in active development/on radar by the devs, so wouldn't it be nice if a simple "yes, that would be helpful" or "no need" was given?

I remember a long time ago around Mordor I posted a bug about Bill's music being gone from the Black Gate instance in the Epic which made it so dull and even though I did not need any response, someone responded with something nice like "these kind words will be passed on to the composer" Now, that was some nice human interaction